Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Curl not accepting spaces in script via variables Post 303038880 by say170 on Monday 16th of September 2019 09:40:04 AM
Old 09-16-2019
I'm trying - is there an alternative just in case that doesn't with with our admins?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

removing spaces from variables?

I stored results like this VAR=`wc -l < ls.txt` But the value of the wc gave me a padded number. How do I strip the padding from $VAR? Do you think I could use SED? Except instead of a file input, have a variable redirection input? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yongho
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

invloking another script accepting input

hi I am trying to invoke another application script from my script like --------------------------- main . . ./new appl <<EOF Input 1 Input 2 EOF . . exit ------------------------ But is exits the new application after input command 2, I want that it should not exit and accept... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashish_uiit
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Spaces in Lines for Variables

All, I am driving myself crazy over this one. I have run a find command against a volume on a nas. That returns a full listing of path and file name. This is an example of one line of output. I redirected the output of the find command to a file. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bubbwe
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing variables to cli curl

I have a script that uses cli curl, and it would be easier if it was possible to pass variables like this: curl -c $cookie -d $data www.********.comThis doesn't work, instead I have to generate a string and use eval. Is there another, easier way to pass variables to cli curl? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: locoroco
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

cURL and variables

I have a spent a day with Google trying to figure this one out and have decided its time to ask the experts... I'm running OS X 10.6 I need to use cURL to FTP a file. I have been successful send the file from the command line when I know the filename. My problem is that the filename changes... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fmSimplicity
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

script accepting password

Hi friends, I am very new to Unix scripting and having some difficulty in my first shell script. I have written a simple shell script to upload an artifact to a remote machine on the network. echo "Uploading the artifact" scp app.war username@remotemochine.domainname.net:/home/deployables... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashdeep
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Spaces in variables

I'm having a problem with this.... --------------------------------------------------- #!/bin/bash SPKTAG=" | festival --tts" echo "Welcome to my shell program" "$SPKTAG"; --------------------------------------------------- I have a variable call SPKTAG " | festival --tts" and I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: digitalviking
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending awk variables into curl in a bash script

Hello experts! I have a file1 with the following format (yr,day, month, hour,minute): 201201132435 201202141210 201304132030 201410100110 ... What i want to do is to assign variables and then use them in the curl command to download the text of each event from a web page. What I have... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: phaethon
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP - loop a curl command with different variables from input file

Hi guys! Kind of new to bash scripting and now I'm stuck. I need to curl with these variables: "{ \"nodename\": \"$1\", \"ipaddress\": \"$2\", \"poolname\": \"$3\", \"port\": \"$4\", \"loadbalancer\" : \"$5\" }" and my input_file.txt contains server001 10.10.10.01 serverpool1 80... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yort
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script accepting variables in valid number format

Hi Experts I would like to ask if there is a way to validate if the variable passed is in this kind of sample format "06-10" or "10-01". It was really a challenge to me on how to start and echnically the "6-10" stands for "June 10" and "10-01" stands as "October 1", overall it needs to have ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ersan-poguita
3 Replies
nischgrp(1)							   User Commands						       nischgrp(1)

NAME
nischgrp - change the group owner of a NIS+ object SYNOPSIS
nischgrp [-AfLP] group name... DESCRIPTION
nischgrp changes the group owner of the NIS+ objects or entries specified by name to the specified NIS+ group. Entries are specified using indexed names (see nismatch(1)). If group is not a fully qualified NIS+ group name, it will be resolved using the directory search path (see nisdefaults(1)). The only restriction on changing an object's group owner is that you must have modify permissions for the object. This command will fail if the master NIS+ server is not running. The NIS+ server will check the validity of the group name prior to effecting the modification. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -A Modify all entries in all tables in the concatenation path that match the search criterion specified in name. This option implies the -P switch. -f Force the operation and fail silently if it does not succeed. -L Follow links and change the group owner of the linked object or entries rather than the group owner of the link itself. -P Follow the concatenation path within a named table. This option only makes sense when either name is an indexed name or the -L switch is also specified and the named object is a link pointing to entries. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Using the nischgrp Command The following two examples show how to change the group owner of an object to a group in a different domain, and how to change it to a group in the local domain, respectively. example% nischgrp newgroup.remote.domain. object example% nischgrp my-buds object This example shows how to change the group owner for a password entry. example% nischgrp admins '[uid=99],passwd.org_dir' In the previous example, admins is a NIS+ group in the same domain. The next two examples change the group owner of the object or entries pointed to by a link, and the group owner of all entries in the hob- bies table. example% nischgrp -L my-buds linkname example% nischgrp my-buds '[],hobbies' ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
NIS_PATH If this variable is set, and the NIS+ name is not fully qualified, each directory specified will be searched until the object is found (see nisdefaults(1)). EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful operation. 1 Operation failed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWnisu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
nis+(1), nischmod(1), nischown(1), nisdefaults(1), nisgrpadm(1), nismatch(1), nis_objects(3NSL), attributes(5) NOTES
NIS+ might not be supported in future releases of the SolarisTM Operating Environment. Tools to aid the migration from NIS+ to LDAP are available in the Solaris 9 operating environment. For more information, visit http://www.sun.com/directory/nisplus/transition.html. SunOS 5.10 10 Dec 2001 nischgrp(1)