Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Regarding a GREAT site for understanding and Visualizing regex patterns. Post 303038851 by Scrutinizer on Monday 16th of September 2019 12:27:06 AM
Old 09-16-2019
The idea is neat I think, but it did not correctly interpret the first thing I threw at it.
It does not seem to like POSIX character classes:
Code:
^[0-9A-Z[:space:]]
^[[:alpha:]]

--
Never mind, this site is about Javascript regex only, which does not support POSIX character classes..

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 09-16-2019 at 01:36 AM..
These 3 Users Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Understanding a regex

Hi, Please help me to understand the bold segments in the below regex. Both are of same type whose meaning I am looking for. find . \( -iregex './\{6,10\}./src' \) -type d -maxdepth 2 Output: ./20111210.0/src In continuation to above: sed -e 's|./\(*.\{1,3\}\).*|\1|g' Output: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Understanding regex behaviour when using quantifiers

# echo "Teest string" | sed 's/e*/=>replaced=</' =>replaced<=Teest string So, in the above code , sed replaces at the start. does that mean sed using the pattern e* settles to zero occurence ? Why sed was not able to replace Teest string. # echo "Teest string" | sed 's/e*//g' Tst string ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regex patterns

can someone please confirm for me if i'm right: the pattern: ORA-0*(600?|7445|4) can someone give me an idea of all the entries the pattern above will grab from a database log file? is it looking for the following strings?: ORA-0600 ORA-7445 4) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Quick help on Understanding sed Regex

Hi Guys, Could you please kindly explain what exactly the below SED command will do ? I am quite confused and i assumed that, sed 's/*$/ /' 1. It will remove tab and extra spaces .. with single space. The issue is if it is removing tab then it should be Î right .. please assist.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nandy
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help understanding this Regex.

Hi everyone, This regex looks simple and yet it doesn't make sense how it's manipulating the output. ifconfig -a eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:0c:49:c2:35:6v inet addr:192.16.1.1 Bcast:192.168.226.255 Mask:255.255.255.0 inet6 addr:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xcod3r
2 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Virtualized Cyberspace - Visualizing Patterns & Anomalies for Cognitive Cyber Situational Awareness

Our team just published this technical report on ResearchGate: Virtualized Cyberspace - Visualizing Patterns & Anomalies for Cognitive Cyber Situational Awareness ABSTRACT ACKNOWLEDGMENTS Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International Public License This... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
PPIx::Regexp::Token::CharClass::POSIX(3)		User Contributed Perl Documentation		  PPIx::Regexp::Token::CharClass::POSIX(3)

NAME
PPIx::Regexp::Token::CharClass::POSIX - Represent a POSIX character class SYNOPSIS
use PPIx::Regexp::Dumper; PPIx::Regexp::Dumper->new( 'qr{ [[:alpha:]] }smx' ) ->print(); INHERITANCE
"PPIx::Regexp::Token::CharClass::POSIX" is a PPIx::Regexp::Token::CharClass. "PPIx::Regexp::Token::CharClass::POSIX" is the parent of PPIx::Regexp::Token::CharClass::POSIX::Unknown. DESCRIPTION
This class represents a POSIX character class. It will only be recognized within a character class. Note that collating symbols (e.g. "[.ch.]") and equivalence classes (e.g. "[=a=]") are valid in the POSIX standard, but are not valid in Perl regular expressions. These end up being represented by PPIx::Regexp::Token::CharClass::POSIX::Unknown, and are considered a parse failure. METHODS
This class provides the following public methods beyond those provided by its superclass. SUPPORT
Support is by the author. Please file bug reports at <http://rt.cpan.org>, or in electronic mail to the author. AUTHOR
Thomas R. Wyant, III wyant at cpan dot org COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2009-2013 by Thomas R. Wyant, III This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl 5.10.0. For more details, see the full text of the licenses in the directory LICENSES. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but without any warranty; without even the implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. perl v5.16.3 2014-06-10 PPIx::Regexp::Token::CharClass::POSIX(3)