Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Display multiple words into a single td tag Post 303038832 by Himanshu1 on Sunday 15th of September 2019 06:04:01 AM
Old 09-15-2019
Display multiple words into a single td tag

Code:
awk 'BEGIN{print "<table>"}  {print "<tr>";
for ( i=1;i<NF;i++) print " <td>" $I "</td>";
print "</tr>"}

END{print " </table>"}' <file name >

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

how i display number in words

helo i want to implement the following concept in my project write a c/c++ algorithm for : accept a number from the user not greater than 6 digits and display the number in words i.e. if the input from the user is 18265 then the output should be Eighteen Thousand Two Hundred Sixty Five. if the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep multiple words in a single line

Hi.. How to search for multiple words in a single line using grep?. Eg: Jack and Jill went up the hill Jack and Jill were best friends Humpty and Dumpty were good friends too ---------- I want to extract the 2nd statement(assuming there are several statements with... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: anduzzi
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace several numbers with respective tag and make a single file

Dear All, I have a final output files as 736645|0| 13879|1| 495563|10| 127933|14| 4975|16| 49038|6| 53560|7| 135115|8| 178857|9| Now I want to replace second column with respective tag as per the value (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jojo123
4 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Display a specific words from a multiple lines

well, i am so not familiar with this kind of things but i am gonna explain extactly what i am looking for so hopfully someone can figure it out :) i have a command that shows memory usage besides the process name, for example(the command output): 500 kb process_1 600 kb process_2 700 kb... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Portabello
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple lines in a single column to be merged as a single line for a record

Hi, I have a requirement with, No~Dt~Notes 1~2011/08/1~"aaa bbb ccc ddd eee fff ggg hhh" Single column alone got splitted into multiple lines. I require the output as No~Dt~Notes 1~2011/08/1~"aaa<>bbb<>ccc<>ddd<>eee<>fff<>ggg<>hhh" mean to say those new lines to be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bhuvaneswari
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep multiple words in a single file

Hello All, I'm a newbie/rookie in Shell scipting. I've done oracle export of a table using Export utility. When I do export, it generates 2 files. 1> .dmp file 2> .dmp.log file. In .dmp.log file I have to search for a sentence which goes like '0 records have been inserted' and then... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samfisher
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

To search for a particular tag in xml and collate all similar tag values and display them count

I want to basically do the below thing. Suppose there is a tag called object1. I want to display an output for all similar tag values under heading of Object 1 and the count of the xmls. Please help File: <xml><object1>house</object1><object2>child</object2>... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a tag and display a message if not found.

Hi All, I am working with a XML file. Below is part for the file. <Emp:Profile> <Emp:Description>Admin</Emp:Description> <Emp:Id>12347</Emp:Id> </Emp:Profile> <Emp:Profile> ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Girish19
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace multiple "&nbsp;" entry with in <td> tag into single entry using sed?

I have the input file like this. Input file: 12.txt 1) There are one or more than one <tr> tags in same line. 2) Some tr tags may have one <td> or more tna one <td> tags within it. 3) Few <td> tags having "<td> &nbsp; </td>". Few having more than one "&nbsp;" entry in it. <tr> some td... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomasraj87
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML files with spaces in the tag name, parse & display?

Greetings all, I have an XML file that is being generated from my application, here is a sample of the first tag (That I am trying to remove and display in a list..) Example- <tag one= "data" data="1234" updateTime="1300"> <tag one= "data1" data="1234" updateTime="1300"> <tag... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffs42885
5 Replies
BEGIN(7)                                                           SQL Commands                                                           BEGIN(7)

NAME
BEGIN - start a transaction block SYNOPSIS
BEGIN [ WORK | TRANSACTION ] [ transaction_mode [, ...] ] where transaction_mode is one of: ISOLATION LEVEL { SERIALIZABLE | REPEATABLE READ | READ COMMITTED | READ UNCOMMITTED } READ WRITE | READ ONLY DESCRIPTION
BEGIN initiates a transaction block, that is, all statements after a BEGIN command will be executed in a single transaction until an explicit COMMIT [commit(7)] or ROLLBACK [rollback(7)] is given. By default (without BEGIN), PostgreSQL executes transactions in ``autocom- mit'' mode, that is, each statement is executed in its own transaction and a commit is implicitly performed at the end of the statement (if execution was successful, otherwise a rollback is done). Statements are executed more quickly in a transaction block, because transaction start/commit requires significant CPU and disk activity. Execution of multiple statements inside a transaction is also useful to ensure consistency when making several related changes: other ses- sions will be unable to see the intermediate states wherein not all the related updates have been done. If the isolation level or read/write mode is specified, the new transaction has those characteristics, as if SET TRANSACTION [set_transac- tion(7)] was executed. PARAMETERS
WORK TRANSACTION Optional key words. They have no effect. Refer to SET TRANSACTION [set_transaction(7)] for information on the meaning of the other parameters to this statement. NOTES
START TRANSACTION [start_transaction(7)] has the same functionality as BEGIN. Use COMMIT [commit(7)] or ROLLBACK [rollback(7)] to terminate a transaction block. Issuing BEGIN when already inside a transaction block will provoke a warning message. The state of the transaction is not affected. To nest transactions within a transaction block, use savepoints (see SAVEPOINT [savepoint(7)]). For reasons of backwards compatibility, the commas between successive transaction_modes can be omitted. EXAMPLES
To begin a transaction block: BEGIN; COMPATIBILITY
BEGIN is a PostgreSQL language extension. It is equivalent to the SQL-standard command START TRANSACTION [start_transaction(7)], whose ref- erence page contains additional compatibility information. Incidentally, the BEGIN key word is used for a different purpose in embedded SQL. You are advised to be careful about the transaction semantics when porting database applications. SEE ALSO
COMMIT [commit(7)], ROLLBACK [rollback(7)], START TRANSACTION [start_transaction(7)], SAVEPOINT [savepoint(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 BEGIN(7)