Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ignore dollar value in sed
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Ignore dollar value in sed Post 303038823 by RudiC on Saturday 14th of September 2019 12:55:59 PM
Old 09-14-2019
Try \| for the alternation ... but don't forget to escape the parentheses as well.

EDIT: Hoppla - that seems to be GNU as well ...

Last edited by RudiC; 09-14-2019 at 02:01 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make sed ignore lines

Hi I use sed in a script for severall changes in files. I whish one of the substitutions I made to be aplied to every line that has the word "scripts" with the exception for the ones that start with "rsh", wich I wish sed to ignore . Is this possible? If yes, how can I do it? The substitution... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scarlos
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sum Dollar Amounts

I get a transaction file and I need to sum two of the columns. I each record I get a debit(D) or credit(C) indicator. Then I get an amount field. I need to sum the total dollar value of debits and credits. I know I can loop through each record and get the sum total but is there a better way with... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lesstjm
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using 'sed' to delete or ignore columns in a dataset

Hi, I've already posted elsewhere but am posting again here coz im a newbie. I hope you forgive me this time. I want to know if its possible to delete or ignore columns in a large dataset using 'sed'. For example, I have the following dataset: - ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aarif
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using 'sed' to delete or ignore columns in a dataset

Hi, I want to know if its possible to delete or ignore columns in a large dataset using 'sed'. For example, I have the following dataset: - 20060714,X.XX,1,043004,Q,T,24.0000,1,25.5000,4, 20060714,X.XX,1,081209,Q,T,24.0000,1,25.5000,5, As you can see, there are 10 columns here and the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aarif
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to escape dollar in unixcommand

i have my @tmp = `egrep 'jpg$|gif$' output.txt`; perl assumes $ as a variable; i tried escaping but failed please help me (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: phoenix_nebula
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in dollar substitution

Hi, I have a problem in dollar substitution:- $ csv1="first_csv" $ csvnumber=1 $ echo {csv$csvnumber} {csv1} $ echo "${csv$csvnumber}" bad substitution I want first_csv...why is it not working thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scripter12
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ignore first word using sed in PERL

Please help me in ignoring first word in a line example Input log 123^Babd^Basdf789^B098^Bouiou Desired output abd,asdf789,098,ouiou 123 should be ignored is this possible using sed regular expressions Use code tags - you got a PM with a guide. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thankful123
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed, replace comma with pipe. but ignore qoutes

hi, I am trying to replace comma with pipe, but the issue is that i want to ignore the commas inside qoutes. for example: i have file with the string: 1,"2,3",4,"5","6,7" the result should be : 1|"2,3"|4|"5"|"6,7" i trying to use sed and awk (match function) for that, but i did not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabik
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ignore escape sequence in sed

Friends, In the file i am having more then 100 lines like, File1 had the values like this: #Example East.server_01=EAST.SERVER_01 East.server_01=EAST.SERVER_01 West.server_01=WEST.SERVER_01 File2 had the values like this: #Example EAST.SERVER_01=http://yahoo.com... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jothi basu
3 Replies
dtoc(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   dtoc(1)

Name
       dtoc - unpack objects from a DOTS file

Syntax
       dtoc [ -f ] [ -p ] [[ object.dots ] directory ]

Description
       The command unpacks the contents of a Data Object Transport Syntax (DOTS) file or standard input.

object.dots  can  be  either a file name, or a minus sign (-).  If a minus sign (-) is specified, or if no file name is present, reads from
       the standard input.  If directory is specified, the contents of the DOTS input is unpacked and  stored  in  the	specified  directory.	If
       directory is not specified, the content of the DOTS input is unpacked into the current directory.  The names of the files created are writ-
       ten to standard output.

A DOTS file may contain a data object which consists of more than one component.  Therefore, it is possible that more than one output  file
       may  be	generated.  As the object is unpacked, duplicate file or directory names may be encountered.  If a duplicate is encountered, a new
       output file is generated with a sequential number appended to its name.	For example, if discovers an existing file  during  unpacking,	is
       created.

As  an  object  is unpacked, the external references within each object component are updated.  Because DOTS files may have originated from
       non-ULTRIX systems, names of components may be modified as components are unpacked.  References to those  renamed  components  are  updated
       accordingly.

Options
       -f   Suppresses output of unpacked file names.

-p   Causes only the name of the primary input file to be written to standard output.

Implementation
   Standard Input
       If  a minus sign (-) is specified, or if no parameters are specified, standard input is read until a or EOF (end of file) is read.  It can-
       not be specified more than once.  The contents of standard input must conform to the syntax of a single DOTS file.

Reconstitution Of Names
       Object file names and file names of referenced components may be modified as objects are extracted or unpacked.	If names are modified, the
       references in the unpacked objects are updated.	The handling of names depends in part on the name-type of the object, as follows:

ULTRIX file names

Names are unmodified.

VMS file names

The set of rules is as follows:

Convert uppercase letters to lower case.

Convert dollar signs ($) to underscores (_) because dollar signs have meaning on ULTRIX systems.

Ignore  disk volume and directory specifications, if they are present, because they are not likely to be meaningful on
			    ULTRIX systems.

Append duplicate file names with a period and a unique number.

Leave all other characters alone.

Restrictions
       A DOTS file is expected to contain only a single primary DDIF or DTIF object in this release.  Any subsequent objects in the DOTS file  are
       external references of the primary object.

Diagnostics
       The  exit status is 0 if all objects were unpacked successfully, and 1 if any of the objects could not be unpacked.  Consult standard error
       to see what failed, and why.

If a nonexistent target directory is specified, returns error status.

See Also
       ctod(1), DDIF(5), DTIF(5), DOTS(5)

dtoc(1)