Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Extract content between strings Post 303038627 by ahfze on Sunday 8th of September 2019 06:17:09 PM
Old 09-08-2019
yes that works.
thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help to extract the content in this string

Hi All, I have a string in the following format: "kf skjgsdjgngnsd sdgsd ksjgbksjgb kjsbgsjdgb dfhdh sjgsjg j jsbekgjsbdkgj". In this format i want to extract the contents which is in between the two empty lines:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bala041
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How extract strings (perl)

Sample data: revision001 | some text | some text Comment: some comment Brief: 1) brief 2) brief ------------------------------------------ revision002 | some text | some text Brief: 1) brief 2) brief FIX: some fix ------------------------------------------ revision003 | some... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: inotech
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i delete the content between all the occurences of two strings using sed or awk command

Hi. I have to delete the content between all the occurrences of the xml tags in a single file. For example: * The tags <script>.....................</script> occurs more than once in the same file. * It follows tagging rules meaning a start tag will be followed by an end tag. Will not have... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: satheeshkumar
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract Content from a file

I have an input file with contents like: ./prbru6/12030613.LOG:24514|APPL|prbru6.8269.RTUDaemon.1|?|13:49:56|12/03/06|GMT+3|?|RTUServer Error:Count of Internal Error Qty (-1) < 0, for Audit group id - 1L5XVJ6DQE36AXL, after record number,1, File: EventAuditor.cc, Line: 394|? ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkrish
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract two strings from a file and create a new file with these strings

I have the following lines in a log file. It would be great if some one can help me to create a new file with the just entries in the below format. 66.150.161.195 HPSAC=Z05 66.150.161.196 HPSAC=A05 That is just extract the IP address and the string DPSAC=its value 66.150.161.195 -... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tuxidow
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to extract all strings

Hi, I have a text file containing 2 lines as follows: I'm trying to extract all the strings following an "AME." The output would be as follows: BUSINESS_UNIT PROJECT_ID ACTIVITY_ID RES_USER1 RESOURCE_ID_FROM ANALYSIS_TYPE BI_DISTRIB_STATUS BUSINESS_UNIT PROJECT_ID ACTIVITY_ID... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpletech369
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract code between 2 strings.

Hi, Im having some problems with this. I have loaded a file with html code. All code is placed in the same line. I want to get everything between two given strings (including these strings and get only the first appearance). Example: File contains <html><body><a href='a.html'>abc</a><a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ngb
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract strings based on the value

I have a file with multiple columns (in this case, the file has 3 columns): NM_001006304 (-33.7) XM_418228 (-38.4) JN880447 (-33.7) CR387600 (-33.7) CR524203 (-36.3) GALGA_6AKII_KRT75 (-33.7) GALGA25_SC7 (-31.9) CR352795 (-36.3) NM_204172 (-31.7) NM_204137 (-31.9) NM_001030561 (-36.3) AB011672... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yuejian
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issue when using egrep to extract strings (too many strings)

Dear all, I have a data like below (n of rows=400,000) and I want to extract the rows with certain strings. I use code below. It works if there is not too many strings for example n of strings <5000. while I have 90,000 strings to extract. If I use the egrep code below, I will get error: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevertl
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract strings from output

I am having the following output when executing a dig command : dig @1.1.1.1 google.com +noall +answer +stats ; <<>> DiG 9.11.4-P1 <<>> @1.1.1.1 google.com +noall +answer +stats ; (1 server found) ;; global options: +cmd obodrm.prod.at.dmdsdp.com. 86154 IN A ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: liviusbr
1 Replies
DublinCore::Element(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  DublinCore::Element(3pm)

NAME
DublinCore::Element - Class for representing a Dublin Core element SYNOPSIS
my $element = DublinCore::Element->new( \%info ); print "content: ", $element->content(), " "; print "qualifier: ", $element->qualifier(), " "; print "language: ", $element->language(), " "; print "scheme: ", $element->scheme(), " "; DESCRIPTION
DublinCore::Record methods such as element(), elements(), title(), etc return DublinCore::Element objects as their result. These can be queried further to extract an elements content, qualifier, language, and schema. For a definition of these attributes please see RFC 2731 and <http://www.dublincore.org>. METHODS
new() The constructor. Take a hashref of input arguments. content() Gets and sets the content of the element. ## extract the element my $title = $record->element( 'title' ); print $title->content(); ## or you can chain them together print $record->element( 'title' )->content(); qualifier() Gets and sets the qualifier used by the element. language() Gets and sets the language of the content in element. scheme() Gets and sets the scheme used by the element. name() Gets and sets the element name (title, creator, date, etc). is_empty() Gets and sets the "empty" status of an element. This is useful when using DublinCore::Record's element() method. To see if the record has an creator elements: if( $record->element( 'creator' )->is_empty ) { # no creators } set() This function overrides the default set() behavior in order to remove the is_empty flag. SEE ALSO
* DublinCore::Record AUTHOR
* Ed Summers <ehs@pobox.com> * Brian Cassidy <bricas@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2007 by Ed Summers, Brian Cassidy This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.8.8 2007-11-24 DublinCore::Element(3pm)