Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Compare 2 files with different keywords : use server health-check tool Post 303038607 by RudiC on Saturday 7th of September 2019 11:45:03 AM
Old 09-07-2019
Did you consider the comm utility:
Code:
comm <(sort file1) <(sort file2)
               DATABASE1
DATABASE2
               DATABASE3
               DATABASE4
               DATABASE5
DATABASE6

These 2 Users Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

check health

Dear Gentelmen I need command for display to me the following statement: -battery state -The application if working or not -The cpu is working or not -The power supply is working or not -The Data base is workig or not (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: magasem
2 Replies

2. AIX

AIX Health Check

Hi All, I would like to know if there is a downloadable AIX health check script available from IBM that would print a report of a servers health status. I've been working on a number of Sun Solaris servers and Sun provide a sun checkup script which can give you an ORI figure as well as a list... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: backslash
3 Replies

3. Solaris

sun server health check

do anybody has a procedure for daily weekley monthly health check for SUN server with solaris OS?? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mm00123
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Health check script

Hi, I have a server type(A group of AIX,HP-UX and Linux servers running with different appn) in which i need to do health check(memory,cpu,h/w etc). I am planning to automate the same. Please help me out in writing the same. Thanks Renjesh Raju (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Health check script

There are 3 servers . I want to fire commands df -kh and mpstat -P ALL on those individual servers and retrieve particular values to genrate reports. This part is almost done. But i am facing issue when i need to compile the reports from all three servers on to one server in order to generate a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pratikm23
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

HP-UX Health Check

Hi Experts, I want to check health of hp-ux box. Basically I want to check if there are possibilities of network/memory/cpu bottleneck? Are there are any commands available other than glance in hp-ux for the same? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sai_2507
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Daily health check script

Hi I am still learning how to write shell scripts, so I started to write a script like this: #!/bin/sh date echo outputOK () { echo $1 "" } outputOK () { echo $1 "" } for vol in `/usr/bin/grep -E 'hfs|vxfs|nfs|cifs' /etc/fstab | egrep -v '^#' | awk '{ print $3 }'` do if... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Health check report

Hi Team, I am writing a small script in that I want collect all servers of /opt and /stage. Below is my small script #!/bin/ksh #checking Media server opt_Disk_Space_logs myclient=`cat media_server.txt` > opt_logs.txt printf " Server Name\tsize\tused\tavail\tcapacity\tMounted... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bashi77
12 Replies

9. AIX

AIX Health Check

Hi everyone, I am new to the Unix admin position, needed some help. My management wants to report how their over all AIX servers / environment is doing so far. I've been researching and found multiple commands to run on each LPAR, well I have few questions and also wanted to share the commands Im... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adnans2k
12 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Top 5 cpu and Mem consuming process and files and suggestion for health check

I am middle of writing health check scripts, can you pls share commands on how I can get cpu and Mem of top consuming process info at the moment? Also can u suggest ideas on what all I can look for as a part do health check on red hat Linux server? I searched on site before posting, but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Varja
2 Replies
VCF-COMPARE(1)							   User Commands						    VCF-COMPARE(1)

NAME
vcf-compare - compare bgzipped and tabix indexed VCF files SYNOPSIS
compare-vcf [OPTIONS] file1.vcf file2.vcf ... DESCRIPTION
About: Compare bgzipped and tabix indexed VCF files. (E.g. bgzip file.vcf; tabix -p vcf file.vcf.gz) OPTIONS
-c, --chromosomes <list|file> Same as -r, left for backward compatibility. Please do not use as it will be dropped in the future. -d, --debug Debugging information. Giving the option multiple times increases verbosity -H, --cmp-haplotypes Compare haplotypes, not only positions -m, --name-mapping <list|file> Use with -H when comparing files with differing column names. The argument to this options is a comma-separated list or one mapping per line in a file. The names are colon separated and must appear in the same order as the files on the command line. -R, --refseq <file> Compare the actual sequence, not just positions. Use with -w to compare indels. -r, --regions <list|file> Process the given regions (comma-separated list or one region per line in a file). -s, --samples <list> Process only the listed samples. Excluding unwanted samples may increase performance considerably. -w, --win <int> In repetitive sequences, the same indel can be called at different positions. Consider records this far apart as matching (be it a SNP or an indel). -h, -?, --help This help message. vcf-compare 0.1.5 July 2011 VCF-COMPARE(1)