Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Please Welcome Yoda (Bipin Ajith) to the Moderation Team Post 303038601 by jim mcnamara on Saturday 7th of September 2019 09:48:59 AM
Old 09-07-2019
Hey! This is great. Welcome to the team.

- jim
This User Gave Thanks to jim mcnamara For This Post:

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Please Welcome Ravinder Singh to the Moderation Team

On this special Happy News Year day, 1 January 2019, I am pleased to promote Ravinder Singh to UNIX.COM Moderator, for at least the following reasons: Ravinder Loves UNIX.COM Ravinder has 1,372 Thanks, which puts him in the Top Ten in that important single category. Ravinder is one of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
8 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Please Welcome Peasant to the Moderation Team

Dear All, Following our new policy for future forum moderators to have active LinkedIn profiles (and increase mod team diversity), please join me in congratulating our new addition to our mod team, Peasant: Peasant (Filip Skoblar) on LinkedIn Peasant is also an active moderator on our... (10 Replies)
10 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Please Welcome Akshay Hegde to the Moderation Team

Dear All, Following our policy for forum moderators to have active LinkedIn profiles (and also to increase mod team diversity), please join me in congratulating the newest addition to our mod team, Akshay Hegde: Akshay Hegde on LinkedIn Akshay has been very helpful to the site over the... (3 Replies)
3 Replies
Bulkmail::DummyServer(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				Bulkmail::DummyServer(3pm)

NAME
Mail::Bulkmail::DummyServer - dummy class for dummy server objects AUTHOR
Jim Thomason, jim@jimandkoka.com DESCRIPTION
Mail::Bulkmail::DummyServer is a drop in replacement for Mail::Bulkmail::Server. Sometimes you just want to test things on your end - make sure your list iterates properly, make sure your mail merge is functioning fine, make sure your logging functions are correct, whatever. And in those cases, you probably don't want to worry about futzing around with your SMTP relay and sending junk messages through it that you don't care about. Not to mention the fact that those probably will need to be inspected and deleted later. A hassle for debugging. Enter DummyServer. This is a subclass of Mail::Bulkmail::Server that behaves exactly the same except for the fact that it doesn't actually connect to a server. Instead, it sends all data that would be going to the server to a file instead. This file should be specified in the conf file. #in your conf file define package Mail::Bulkmail::DummyServer dummy_file = ./my.dummy.file Now, instead of sending commands to your SMTP relay, they'll get sent to ./my.dummy.file for easy inspection at a later date. CLASS ATTRIBUTES
dummy_file Stores the dummy_file that you want to output your data to. METHODS
connect "connects" to your DummyServer. Actually, internally it ties a filehandle onto this package. Yes, this thing has a (minimal) implementation of a tied handle class to accomplish this feat. This method is known to return MBDu001 - server won't say EHLO disconnect overloaded disconnect method. Wipes out the internal socket as usual, but doesn't try to say RSET or QUIT to the server. disconnect can also disconnect quietly, i.e., it won't try to issue a RSET and then quit before closing the socket. $server->disconnect(); #issues RSET and quit $server->disconnect('quietly'); #issues nothing SEE ALSO
Mail::Bulkmail::Server COPYRIGHT (again) Copyright and (c) 2003 James A Thomason III (jim@jimandkoka.com). All rights reserved. Mail::Bulkmail::DummyServer is distributed under the terms of the Perl Artistic License. CONTACT INFO
So you don't have to scroll all the way back to the top, I'm Jim Thomason (jim@jimandkoka.com) and feedback is appreciated. Bug reports/suggestions/questions/etc. Hell, drop me a line to let me know that you're using the module and that it's made your life easier. :-) perl v5.8.8 2008-03-04 Bulkmail::DummyServer(3pm)