Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Lsyncd Configuration
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Lsyncd Configuration Post 303038586 by arun_adm on Friday 6th of September 2019 02:08:15 PM
Old 09-06-2019
Thanks Peasant for your reply.

I'll surely check the inotify link.

Yes, the count of files in the source directory and subsequent sub-directories are in millions for sure, though I don't know the exact count. Mostly, the file types are jpg,png, pdf and xml. There are 2 scripts used to run from cron, one script used to delete 1 year older data from the source on daily basis. Another one used to pull data from another server on daily basis. So I would say there are lot of changes happen in the source on daily basis. But here I want to mention that both scripts used to run in the midnight, 1st one takes approx 2 hours and the 2nd one takes 4-5 hours (got this info from apps team).

--- Post updated at 12:38 AM ---

Thanks Neo for your reply.

Could you please share the rsync and cron setup you used in your usecase? I can give a try with that.

Here is the rsync command which i used to run manually to sync the data.

Code:
nohup /usr/bin/time --format='Elapsed Time = %e seconds' rsync -avh --exclude="lost+found" --exclude=".snapshot" --info=progress2 --stats /src/data/01/* /tgt/data/01/ > /root/rs-logs/data_01-`date +%Y%m%d-%H%M`.log &

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Configuration

Can anyone please tell me anything about the following: AIX O/S - IBM RS6000 server I want to know where I can go to check and see how much RAM is intalled in the server, how many Processors are installed in the server, and how I can run a sar command to show me processor statistics? I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Docboyeee
4 Replies

2. BSD

X configuration

HEllo, I try to Launch OOO, but I have X configuration problem. I 'm searching in man pages but if someone can help me... Of course I set the DISPLAY as explain in the man page but with no more result: setenv DISPLAY myws:0 Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SoulCoder
1 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

configuration

how to configure servor dns on windows servor 2003 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: djest
0 Replies

4. Linux

configuration

hello, I don't know how to configure servor dns on linux,please help I thanck YOU (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: djest
1 Replies

5. AIX

Need help on IP Configuration

I have an RS/6000 running AIX 5.3. I would like to get either dhcp client working or assigning it an ip would be fine as well. I have tried using smit to do it many times trying different things, and I can get an ip assigned but it doesn't communicate with the network or internet. I haven't been... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: izzzy
3 Replies

6. SCO

printer configuration

Dear all i have install printer in sco open 5 , i m not getting print out , but printing is showing in que plz help (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhir69
7 Replies

7. Red Hat

LDAP configuration

I have installed openldap-servers package in server machine i have edited vi /etc/openldap/ldap.conf i have added following line BASE dc=abcd,dc=com URI ldap://ldap.abcd.com ldap://ldap-master.abcd.com:666 i have restarted the ldap service then client pc i have installed... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ainstin
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Postfix Configuration

Hi, i have to configure postfix in this mode: - if i receive a mail from a@a.a relay to - if i receive a mail NOT from a@a.a relay the mail to user "test" that is on localhost For the first rule i do this in main.cf: sender_dependent_default_transport_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/sender_check... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: certo85
0 Replies
libtar_hash_new(3)						  C Library Calls						libtar_hash_new(3)

NAME
libtar_hash_new, libtar_hash_free, libtar_hash_next, libtar_hash_prev, libtar_hash_getkey, libtar_hash_search, libtar_hash_add, lib- tar_hash_del - hash table routines SYNOPSIS
#include <libtar.h> libtar_hash_t *libtar_hash_new(int num, int (*hashfunc)()); void libtar_hash_free(libtar_hash_t *h, void (*freefunc)()); int libtar_hash_next(libtar_hash_t *h, libtar_hashptr_t *hp); int libtar_hash_prev(libtar_hash_t *h, libtar_hashptr_t *hp); int libtar_hash_search(libtar_hash_t *h, libtar_hashptr_t *hp, void *data, int (*matchfunc)()); int libtar_hash_getkey(libtar_hash_t *h, libtar_hashptr_t *hp, void *data, int (*matchfunc)()); int libtar_hash_add(libtar_hash_t *h, void *data); int libtar_hash_del(libtar_hash_t *h, libtar_hashptr_t *hp); DESCRIPTION
The libtar_hash_new() function creates a new hash with num buckets and using hash function pointed to by hashfunc. If hashfunc is NULL, a default hash function designed for 7-bit ASCII strings is used. The libtar_hash_free() function deallocates all memory associated with the hash structure h. If freefunc is not NULL, it is called to free memory associated with each node in the hash. The libtar_hash_next() and libtar_hash_prev() functions are used to iterate through the hash. The libtar_hashptr_t structure has two fields: bucket, which indicates the current bucket in the hash, and node, which is a pointer to the current node in the current bucket. To start at the beginning or end of the hash, the caller should initialize hp.bucket to -1 and hp.node to NULL. The libtar_hash_search() function searches iteratively through the hash h until it finds a node whose contents match data using the match- ing function matchfunc. Searching begins at the location pointed to by hp. The libtar_hash_getkey() function uses the hash function associated with h to determine which bucket data should be in, and searches only that bucket for a matching node using matchfunc. Searching begins at the location pointed to by hp. The libtar_hash_add() function adds data into hash h. The libtar_hash_del() function removes the node referenced by hp. RETURN VALUE
The libtar_hash_new() function returns a pointer to the new hash structure, or NULL on error. The libtar_hash_next() and libtar_hash_prev() functions return 1 when valid data is returned, and 0 at the end of the hash. The libtar_hash_getkey() and libtar_hash_search() functions return 1 when a match is found, or 0 otherwise. The libtar_hash_add() function returns 0 on success, or -1 on error (and sets errno). The libtar_hash_del() function returns 0 on success, or -1 on error (and sets errno). SEE ALSO
libtar_list_new(3) University of Illinois Jan 2000 libtar_hash_new(3)