Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Sftp cannot see folder in destination server Post 303038531 by rbatte1 on Thursday 5th of September 2019 11:01:08 AM
Old 09-05-2019
This doesn't say if you can actually open the connection as the correct user. Does that work even? If not, please show us the command(s) you use and the output/errors so we can assist with that part first.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

FTP user information on destination server

Could any one please tell me how to check the ftp users information on the destination server ( Hp-UX ) ? Source server used to do FTP to my server ( that is destination server ) . Now , he is getting error that login is incorrect and unable to login into destination server . Please tell me how to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: randhir
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy a file by creating folder structure in destination as in Souce

Hello, i am having a source directory which consist of multiple sub directories and my destination folder is a empty directory. if try to copy a file source->test->1.txt from source to destination test2 using the commaind. cp source/test/1.txt desti/ It will copy the 1.txt under desti... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tsaravanan
1 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

ssh command doesnot excute commands in the destination server

Hi All, I have the below code where Iam connecting from xzur111pap server to xzur0211pap server thru ssh to execute some commands. ssh xzur0211pap spaceleft=`df -k /home |tail -1 | awk '{print $5}'` spaceleft=${spaceleft%\%} if ]; then echo "ALERT : HUFS(/home $spaceleft)" exit 0... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaddamja
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy files grabbing destination folder from file name

Hi all... Below is what I am trying to do: 1. Having the following folder with the files... /source_folder/dodiddone.tar.gz /source_folder/gowentgone.tar.gz /source_folder/gowentgone.log 2. I need to copy and chown files with extension .tar.gz to another folder copy... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pedroz
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

destination directory for make install isc-dhcp-server

Hi there, I'm trying to install isc-dhcp-server from source. When I install it from package (eg. using aptitude), files created are : /usr/sbin/dhcpd /etc/dhcp/dhcpd.conf /usr/share/man/* But when I install from source (,.configure && make && make install), then files created are :... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
0 Replies

6. Solaris

How do files transferred via ftp or sftp gets thier permissions at destination?

We have umask defined under /etc/.login as 022. I have my user specific umask defined in /userhome/.login as 002. I understand ftp will not execute anything at destination, it simply transfers files. But it seem to be using 022 as umask for the files transferred. How does ftp knows what umask... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Ftp: SSL_connect error while connecting from source to destination server Solaris 10

Hi Everyone, I am using solaris 10.I am facing a different problem here with tlsftp.I have intalled all steps for tlsftp and able to connect to the destination server from the source server.It worked for some days.But recently when i am connectin it is giving below error.I am... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Needed SFTP script from windows to UNIX server and from UNIX to windows server(reverse SFTP)

hi guys, i need a script to sftp the file from windows to unix server ....(before that i have to check whether the file exists in the windows server or not and again i have to reverse sftp the files from unix to windows server..... regards, Vasa Saikumar. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

scp without password for destination server

I am using the below command to scp the file to destination server ($server). The ssh keys have been created between the source and destination servers. Still I am getting password authentication after executing the below scp command: scp $Local_dir/$file_pattern* $username@$server:/$ftp_dir/... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ganesh L
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command / Script to create touch file in destination server

Hello Team, Is there any Linux command / script available so that, I could create a simple 0 byte file in destination server by issuing the command from source server. If yes, Could you please let me know the possible solutions. in other words I just want to create a touch file in my home... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madhuraju
1 Replies
show(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   show(1)

NAME
show - show (list) messages (only available within the message handling system, mh) SYNOPSIS
show [+folder] [msgs] [-draft] [-[no]header] [-help] [-showproc program] [-noshowproc] [options to showproc] OPTIONS
Displays the draft message, or the current message in your +drafts folder, if you have one set up. You cannot give a msgs argument when you use this option. Displays a one-line header before the message. The header consists of the name of the folder and the message number. This is the default behavior. It can be suppressed with the -noheader option. Prints a list of the valid options to this command. Specifies an alternative program to list messages. The default is to use the program defined by the showproc: entry in the file. You can give options to the showproc program at the command line. These are passed directly to showproc by show. (If you specify an option that has a numerical value, leave no space between the argument and the value. See RESTRICTIONS for more information.) If the -noshowproc option is specified, /bin/cat is used instead of showproc. The MH command mhl can be used as a showproc to show messages in a more uniform format. See mhl(1) for more details. If you are going to use the same showproc all the time, it is advisable to specify it in your file. See mh_profile(4) for more details. The defaults for this command are as follows: +folder defaults to the current folder msgs defaults to the current message -header DESCRIPTION
Use show to display the contents of the current message. You can specify alternative messages or folders by using the +folder or msgs argu- ments. If a folder is given, it becomes the current folder. The last message shown becomes the current message. You can specify a number of messages or a range of messages using the msgs argument. If you specify more than one message, show prompts for a <RETURN> prior to listing each message. Typically, the messages are listed exactly as they are, with no reformatting. A program named by the showproc component in the file is invoked to do the listing, and any options not recognized by show are passed along to that program. The default program is more(1). By default, the show command use the more program to list each message, a page at a time. When the end of the page is reached, it waits for a <RETURN> or a space. If you press <RETURN>, show prints the next line. If you press the space bar, it prints the next screen of data. At the end of the message, show automatically returns you to the system prompt. Press q to quit before the end of the message. If the profile entry Unseen-Sequence: is present and non-empty, then show will remove each of the messages shown from the sequences named by the profile entry. RESTRICTIONS
The -header option does not work when msgs expands to more than one message. If the showproc is mhl, then this problem can be circumvented by referencing the messagename field in the mhl format file. The command show updates your mail environment before showing the message. Hence show may mark messages as seen before you actually see them. However, this is generally not a problem, unless you are using the unseen messages mechanism, and you interrupt show while it is showing unseen messages. If you use the showproc switch to specify an alternative viewer, leave no space between the options specified with the viewer and their values. For example, if you want to use the more command to scroll through messages 6 through 10 in your inbox folder, and you want to pause every five lines, you would enter the following command, where there is no space between the option n and the value 5: % show +inbox 6-10 -showproc more -n5 If there is space between the option n and the value 5, the command interprets 5 as a message number to view. If your showprocviewer is mhl, then show uses a built-in mhl: it does not actually run the mhl program. Hence, if you define your own show- proc, do not call it mhl since show will not run it. If more(1) is your showproc (which is the default), then avoid running show in the background with only its standard output piped to another process. You should re-direct the diagnostic output of show as well For example, in the following incorrect example, show will go into a tty input state: % show | print & For users of csh, the correct command is: % show |& print & For users of sh, the correct command is: % show 2>&1 | print & PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's Mail directory Unseen-Sequence: To name sequences denoting unseen messages showproc: Program to show messages EXAMPLES
In the first example, show displays the contents of message 36 in the current folder: % show 36 In the next example, the pr(1) program is used to list the current message: % show -showproc pr FILES
The user profile. SEE ALSO
more(1), mhl(1), next(1), pick(1), prev(1), scan(1) show(1)