Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Check if string variable is a subset of another string variable Post 303038487 by mohtashims on Wednesday 4th of September 2019 06:25:13 AM
Old 09-04-2019
Check if string variable is a subset of another string variable

Below is my ksh shell script where I need to check if variable fileprops is a subset of $1 argument.

Code:
       echo "FILE PROPERTY: $fileprops"
        echo "PARAMETER3: $1"

if [ "$1" == *"$fileprops"*  ]; then
           echo "We are Good. $line FILE is found to be INTACT !! "
        else
           echo "Problem on Target Server !! The file $line WAS TAMPERED. Exiting..." 
           exit 1;
        fi

I was expecting the condition to pass but it fails. See output below where fileprops is actually a subset of $1.

FILE PROPERTY:
Code:
 -rwxrwxrwx user1 2019-08-31 17:36 /fin/app/01/scripts/filename6.src 4294967295

PARAMETER1:
Code:
10.7.44.37\\n-rwxrwxrwx user1 2019-08-31 17:36 /fin/app/01/scripts/filename6.src 4294967295\\n-rw-rw-r-- user1 2019-08-30 17:31 /fin/app/01/sql/33211.sql 4294967295\\n10.7.44.34\\n-rwxrwxrwx user1 2019-08-31 17:36 /fin/app/01/scripts/filename6.src 4294967295\\n-rw-rw-r-- user1 2019-08-30 17:31 /fin/app/01/sql/33211.sql 4294967295

Output:
Code:
Problem on Target Server !! The file /fin/app/01/scripts/filename6.src WAS TAMPERED. Exiting...

Note: parameter1 is passed in single quotes and this is required.

Can you please suggest

Last edited by Akshay Hegde; 09-04-2019 at 08:42 AM.. Reason: quote tags to code tags, and formatting.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check a string in the variable

hi, I have a variable var1 as follows in the script. var1="one two three desformat=PDF xyz" I would like to check whether $var1 has a string "desformat=PDF" or not. Is there any command I can use (not need to creat a file)? Currently, I am using this: if ( grep "desformat=PDF"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: josephwong
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

check whether variable number or string

I am passing an argument to a file and i wanna check whether the argument is a number or string ? how can i do this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rolex.mp
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

check if a variable contains a string

hi I have an if condition that states: if ; then exit how to translate this? $x is a path $y is a string that comes at the end of the path thx (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
11 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to check a particular element in a string variable

Hi, I have a string variable containing value say abc123 I want to check if the 3rd element of this string is "c" in a if statement.Actually i dont know the syntax of how to use substring in an if statement in shell script. Please reply soon. Regards Navjot (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: navjotsingh
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to replace a string in file with a string in a variable that contains spaces

Hi, i call my shell like: my_shell "my project name" my script: #!/bin/bash -vx projectname=$1 sed s/'PROJECT_NAME ='/'PROJECT_NAME = '$projectname/ <test_config_doxy >temp cp temp test_config_doxy the following error occurres: sed s/'PROJECT_NAME ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivelafete
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Check the value of a string variable

hi to all, i want to check the value of a variable that it contains characters. for example i try the following: if then ......... i just want to check that in the specific line that is a variable called "passline" has the entry "password". But it can contain also other characters in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending string, variable to file at the start and string at end

Hi , I have below file with 13 columns. I need 2-13 columns seperated by comma and I want to append each row with a string "INSERT INTO xxx" in the begining as 1st column and then a variable "$node" and then $2,$3,$4,$5,$6,$7,$8,$9,$10,$11,$12,$13 and at the end another string " ; COMMIT;" ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vaddadi
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace (sed?) a string in file with multiple lines (string) from variable

Can someone tell me how I can do this? e.g: a=$(echo -e wert trewt ertert ertert ertert erttert erterte rterter tertertert ert) How do i replace the STRING with $a? I try this: sed -i 's/STRING/'"$a"'/g' filename.ext but this don' t work (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jforce
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comparing a String variable with a string literal in a Debian shell script

Hi All, I am trying to to compare a string variable with a string literal inside a loop but keep getting the ./testifstructure.sh: line 6: #!/bin/sh BOOK_LIST="BOOK1 BOOK2" for BOOK in ${BOOK_LIST} do if then echo '1' else echo '2' fi done Please use next... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daveu7
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

korn shell: check the content of a string of a variable

hello, i have a variable which should have following content : var="value1" or var="value2" or var="value2:*" # example: value2:22 how can i check : - if the content is ok (value1 / value2* ) - the two options of "value2" when content is example "value2:22" , i want to split... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bora99
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::Script(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Locale::Codes::Script(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $script = code2script('phnx','alpha'); $script = code2script('phnx',LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. It also includes additions to this set included in the IANA language registry. The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::Script(3)