Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Setting Up Google 2F Authentication for Automated (Crontab) rsync Post 303038403 by MadeInGermany on Monday 2nd of September 2019 02:34:59 PM
Old 09-02-2019
A non-interactive password/passphrase/key authentication requires full trust of the involved tools.
Openssl/Openssh? Okay, can be trusted. But Google? And do you trust the 2nd factor device?
This User Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting crontab

Hey all, I would like to know how to set a cron job to run from 8:15 am to 4:00 pm? Or do I have to do this in 2 seperates cron? Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpang_
4 Replies

2. Linux

Setting up crontab, still cant get it to work

OK I have been working on this simple action for a while and I cannot get it to work. First off im new to the linux command line world. I feel like I am missing something simple. What I am trying to achieve is that I want this command: tcpdump -s2000 -w'flowroute-%H%M.pcap' -G900 -W36 &to... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nasasdge
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab setting error

Hi All, I have created crontab using following steps- 1) crontab -e (edited the file with) 0 10 * * 1-5 /home/user01/exercise/cron.sh 2) then saved this file with :wq 3) cron.sh contains the code- #!/bin/bash DAY=`date +%a` mkdir abc_${DAY} 4) done the execut permision... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pspriyanka
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need some help on setting up rsync

I need to "sync" a directory from a prod server to a test server. Rsync is working but it prompts for a password and I'd like to automate the process. The directory on the prod/source server is owned by root, and some subdirectories are only readable by root. On the test/destination servers, I can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LAToro
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error while running Rsync through Crontab

hi All, i have implemented Rsync in my source and destination server. while running through command prompt it is working fine: ksh rsync_bravo_db.ksh usa0300uz1252.apps.mc.xerox.com /uv1402/u207/home/bravodba/bin/rsync-3.0.9/config/mrsx_rsync.cfg but later on i created a another ksh and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovelysethii
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab setting

Hi Team, Please help me to set one script in crontab. I have one script and inside script, its creating one log file for saving ouptut of script. i have to out that script in crontab. When i put the script in cronatab, it executed and log file created but no data in log. like this i put in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivshankar
3 Replies

7. Linux

Trouble setting up basic user authentication on apache2 web server

Hey guys! So I decided to set up some basic user authentication on my apache2 server, and I am running into some problems. I followed the documentation provided by apache on their website, but I cant create the password file for some reason. I did a little trouble shooting myself, and found... (40 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxIntern445
40 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab setting

Hi All, Can anyone tell me how to schedule the dbshell.sh script to run on sunday. I have scheduled as 1 19 7 * * /home/svr/dbshell.sh. kindly confirm confirm whether coded "7" or it should set to '0'. unix:$ crontab -l 0 19 6 * * /home/svr/dbemail.sh 1 19 7 * * /home/svr/dbshell.sh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun888
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Crontab authentication failure

Dear all, I noticed in syslog that i receive authentication failure from cron: Mar 11 23:19:01 s1 CRON28789]: Authentication failure Mar 11 23:19:01 s1 cron: Authentication failure Mar 11 23:19:01 s1 cron: Authentication failure Mar 11 23:19:01 s1 CRON: Authentication failure Mar 11... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mydove
3 Replies
pam_ssh_agent_auth(8)							PAM						     pam_ssh_agent_auth(8)

PAM_SSH_AGENT_AUTH
       This module provides authentication via ssh-agent.  If an ssh-agent listening at SSH_AUTH_SOCK can successfully authenticate that it has
       the secret key for a public key in the specified file, authentication is granted, otherwise authentication fails.

SUMMARY
/etc/pam.d/sudo: auth sufficient pam_ssh_agent_auth.so file=/etc/security/authorized_keys /etc/sudoers: Defaults env_keep += "SSH_AUTH_SOCK" This configuration would permit anyone who has an SSH_AUTH_SOCK that manages the private key matching a public key in /etc/security/authorized_keys to execute sudo without having to enter a password. Note that the ssh-agent listening to SSH_AUTH_SOCK can either be local, or forwarded. Unlike NOPASSWD, this still requires an authentication, it's just that the authentication is provided by ssh-agent, and not password entry. ARGUMENTS
file=<path to authorized_keys> Specify the path to the authorized_keys file(s) you would like to use for authentication. Subject to tilde and % EXPANSIONS (below) allow_user_owned_authorized_keys_file A flag which enables authorized_keys files to be owned by the invoking user, instead of root. This flag is enabled automatically whenever the expansions %h or ~ are used. debug A flag which enables verbose logging sudo_service_name=<service name you compiled sudo to use> (when compiled with --enable-sudo-hack) Specify the service name to use to identify the service "sudo". When the PAM_SERVICE identifier matches this string, and if PAM_RUSER is not set, pam_ssh_agent_auth will attempt to identify the calling user from the environment variable SUDO_USER. This defaults to "sudo". EXPANSIONS
~ -- same as in shells, a user's Home directory Automatically enables allow_user_owned_authorized_keys_file if used in the context of ~/. If used as ~user/, it would expect the file to be owned by 'user', unless you explicitely set allow_user_owned_authorized_keys_file %h -- User's Home directory Automatically enables allow_user_owned_authorized_keys_file %H -- The short-hostname %u -- Username %f -- FQDN EXAMPLES
in /etc/pam.d/sudo "auth sufficient pam_ssh_agent_auth.so file=~/.ssh/authorized_keys" The default .ssh/authorized_keys file in a user's home-directory "auth sufficient pam_ssh_agent_auth.so file=%h/.ssh/authorized_keys" Same as above. "auth sufficient pam_ssh_agent_auth.so file=~fred/.ssh/authorized_keys" If the home-directory of user 'fred' was /home/fred, this would expand to /home/fred/.ssh/authorized_keys. In this case, we have not specified allow_user_owned_authorized_keys_file, so this file must be owned by 'fred'. "auth sufficient pam_ssh_agent_auth.so file=/secure/%H/%u/authorized_keys allow_user_owned_authorized_keys_file" On a host named foobar.baz.com, and a user named fred, would expand to /secure/foobar/fred/authorized_keys. In this case, we specified allow_user_owned_authorized_keys_file, so fred would be able to manage that authorized_keys file himself. "auth sufficient pam_ssh_agent_auth.so file=/secure/%f/%u/authorized_keys" On a host named foobar.baz.com, and a user named fred, would expand to /secure/foobar.baz.com/fred/authorized_keys. In this case, we have not specified allow_user_owned_authorized_keys_file, so this file must be owned by root. v0.8 2009-08-09 pam_ssh_agent_auth(8)