Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Setting Up Google 2F Authentication for Automated (Crontab) rsync Post 303038370 by Neo on Sunday 1st of September 2019 04:15:29 AM
Old 09-01-2019
Setting Up Google 2F Authentication for Automated (Crontab) rsync

Dear All,

I have Google Two Factor (2F) Authentication enabled for sshd on most of my Linux servers. This works well and I highly recommend it.

My question is:

Has anyone set this up for rsync which runs in a crontab?

For example, supposed we have this simple crontab script:

Code:
/usr/bin/rsync -qpavzh --rsh="/usr/bin/sshpass -f '/var/local/.secure' ssh -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -l user" user@myserver.com:/var/data/dumps/ /var/data/dumps/

This works fine, of course, when syncing some backup files across the net without 2FA; but I want to do the same thing using Google Authenticator for 2FA.

Has anyone set this up on any of their servers?

Thanks.
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting crontab

Hey all, I would like to know how to set a cron job to run from 8:15 am to 4:00 pm? Or do I have to do this in 2 seperates cron? Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpang_
4 Replies

2. Linux

Setting up crontab, still cant get it to work

OK I have been working on this simple action for a while and I cannot get it to work. First off im new to the linux command line world. I feel like I am missing something simple. What I am trying to achieve is that I want this command: tcpdump -s2000 -w'flowroute-%H%M.pcap' -G900 -W36 &to... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nasasdge
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab setting error

Hi All, I have created crontab using following steps- 1) crontab -e (edited the file with) 0 10 * * 1-5 /home/user01/exercise/cron.sh 2) then saved this file with :wq 3) cron.sh contains the code- #!/bin/bash DAY=`date +%a` mkdir abc_${DAY} 4) done the execut permision... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pspriyanka
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need some help on setting up rsync

I need to "sync" a directory from a prod server to a test server. Rsync is working but it prompts for a password and I'd like to automate the process. The directory on the prod/source server is owned by root, and some subdirectories are only readable by root. On the test/destination servers, I can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LAToro
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error while running Rsync through Crontab

hi All, i have implemented Rsync in my source and destination server. while running through command prompt it is working fine: ksh rsync_bravo_db.ksh usa0300uz1252.apps.mc.xerox.com /uv1402/u207/home/bravodba/bin/rsync-3.0.9/config/mrsx_rsync.cfg but later on i created a another ksh and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovelysethii
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab setting

Hi Team, Please help me to set one script in crontab. I have one script and inside script, its creating one log file for saving ouptut of script. i have to out that script in crontab. When i put the script in cronatab, it executed and log file created but no data in log. like this i put in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivshankar
3 Replies

7. Linux

Trouble setting up basic user authentication on apache2 web server

Hey guys! So I decided to set up some basic user authentication on my apache2 server, and I am running into some problems. I followed the documentation provided by apache on their website, but I cant create the password file for some reason. I did a little trouble shooting myself, and found... (40 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxIntern445
40 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab setting

Hi All, Can anyone tell me how to schedule the dbshell.sh script to run on sunday. I have scheduled as 1 19 7 * * /home/svr/dbshell.sh. kindly confirm confirm whether coded "7" or it should set to '0'. unix:$ crontab -l 0 19 6 * * /home/svr/dbemail.sh 1 19 7 * * /home/svr/dbshell.sh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun888
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Crontab authentication failure

Dear all, I noticed in syslog that i receive authentication failure from cron: Mar 11 23:19:01 s1 CRON28789]: Authentication failure Mar 11 23:19:01 s1 cron: Authentication failure Mar 11 23:19:01 s1 cron: Authentication failure Mar 11 23:19:01 s1 CRON: Authentication failure Mar 11... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mydove
3 Replies
pam_deny(5)						Standards, Environments, and Macros					       pam_deny(5)

NAME
pam_deny - PAM authentication, account, session and password management PAM module to deny operations SYNOPSIS
pam_deny.so.1 DESCRIPTION
The pam_deny module implements all the PAM service module functions and returns the module type default failure return code for all calls. The following options are interpreted: debug syslog(3C) debugging information at the LOG_AUTH|LOG_DEBUG levels ERRORS
The following error codes are returned: PAM_ACCT_EXPIRED If pam_sm_acct_mgmt is called. PAM_AUTH_ERR If pam_sm_authenticate is called. PAM_AUTHOK_ERR If pam_sm_chauthtok is called. PAM_CRED_ERR If pam_sm_setcred is called. PAM_SESSION_ERR If pam_sm_open_session or pam_sm_close_session is called. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Disallowing ssh none authentication sshd-none auth requisite pam_deny.so.1 sshd-none account requisite pam_deny.so.1 sshd-none session requisite pam_deny.so.1 sshd-none password requisite pam_deny.so.1 Example 2 Disallowing any service not explicitly defined other auth requisite pam_deny.so.1 other account requisite pam_deny.so.1 other session requisite pam_deny.so.1 other password requisite pam_deny.so.1 ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for a description of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT Level |MT-Safe with exceptions | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
su(1M), libpam(3LIB), pam(3PAM), pam_sm_authenticate(3PAM), syslog(3C), pam.conf(4), nsswitch.conf(4), attributes(5), pam_authtok_check(5), pam_authtok_get(5), pam_authtok_store(5), pam_dhkeys(5), pam_passwd_auth(5), pam_unix_account(5), pam_unix_auth(5), pam_unix_session(5), privileges(5) NOTES
The interfaces in libpam(3LIB) are MT-Safe only if each thread within the multi-threaded application uses its own PAM handle. The pam_deny module is intended to deny access to a specified service. The other service name may be used to deny access to services not explicitly specified. SunOS 5.11 16 Jun 2005 pam_deny(5)