Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Linux cant cd into directory and part of group Post 303038367 by Don Cragun on Saturday 31st of August 2019 05:51:45 PM
Old 08-31-2019
Do you have a login account on the server that is hosting the NFS filesystem?

You could be getting that error because the NFS filesystem host doesn't recognize you as a member of group "group1".
This User Gave Thanks to Don Cragun For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Multiple Group Priveleges on same directory?

On my FTP server (Darwin/Mac OS X -- pretty much FreeBSD), I need to apply the following permissions to a directory: 1. A specific owner with full access 2. A specific group with full access 3. A specific group with read-only access 4. No access whatsoever for everyone else I understand... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TyHockett
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to add permission of directory to a group

Hi, A simple and silly question on Unix. I have a directory named "a" and I would like to grant permission to group name "text" to access, read and execute my directory. Could anyone help me? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk help required to group output and print a part of group line and original line

Hi, Need awk help to group and print lines to format the output as shown below INPUT FORMAT set echo on set heading on set spool on /* SCHEMA1 */ CREATE TABLE T1; /* SCHEMA1 */ CREATE TABLE T2; /* SCHEMA1 */ CREATE TABLE T3; /* SCHEMA1 */ CREATE TABLE T4; /* SCHEMA1 */ CREATE TABLE T5;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash: How to get part of the directory name?

How can I write a script that determines the directory the user is in, and displays that path up until a particular point? Specifically, I need to find the text "packages" in the directory name, then I need to capture that directory and the one below it. For example, if the user is in the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RickS
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting part of directory after a certain /

i have a directory like this: i want to get the subpaths: /home/user/public_html/a/b subpath= a/b /home/user/public_html/a/b/c subpath= a/b/c i can get the user like echo $fulldirectory |awk -F/ '{print $3}' but im not sure how to get the rest of it after public_html any ideas?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanessafan99
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

User is a Part of a Group But Group Details Do Not Show the User

Hi, In the following output you can see the the user "richard" is a member on the team/group "developers": # id richard uid=10247(richard) gid=100361(developers) groups=100361(developers),10053(testers) but in the following details of the said group (developers), the said user... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: indiansoil
3 Replies
QUOTA(1)						      General Commands Manual							  QUOTA(1)

NAME
quota - display disk usage and limits SYNOPSIS
quota [ -F format-name ] [ -guqvswi ] [ -l | [ -QAm ]] quota [ -F format-name ] [ -qvswi ] [ -l | [ -QAm ]] -u user... quota [ -F format-name ] [ -qvswi ] [ -l | [ -QAm ]] -g group... quota [ -F format-name ] [ -qvswugQm ] -f filesystem... DESCRIPTION
quota displays users' disk usage and limits. By default only the user quotas are printed. quota reports the quotas of all the filesystems listed in /etc/mtab. For filesystems that are NFS-mounted a call to the rpc.rquotad on the server machine is performed to get the information. OPTIONS
-F, --format=format-name Show quota for specified format (ie. don't perform format autodetection). Possible format names are: vfsold (version 1 quota), vfsv0 (version 2 quota), rpc (quota over NFS), xfs (quota on XFS filesystem) -g, --group Print group quotas for the group of which the user is a member. The optional group argument(s) restricts the display to the speci- fied group(s). -u, --user flag is equivalent to the default. -v, --verbose will display quotas on filesystems where no storage is allocated. -s, --human-readable option will make quota(1) try to choose units for showing limits, used space and used inodes. -p, --raw-grace When user is in grace period, report time in seconds since epoch when his grace time runs out (or has run out). Field is '0' when no grace time is in effect. This is especially useful when parsing output by a script. -i, --no-autofs ignore mountpoints mounted by automounter -l, --local-only report quotas only on local filesystems (ie. ignore NFS mounted filesystems). -A, --all-nfs report quotas for all NFS filesystems even if they report to be on the same device. -m, --no-mixed-pathnames Currently, pathnames of NFSv4 mountpoints are sent without leading slash in the path. rpc.rquotad uses this to recognize NFSv4 mounts and properly prepend pseudoroot of NFS filesystem to the path. If you specify this option, setquota will always send paths with a trailing slash. This can be useful for legacy reasons but be aware that quota over RPC will stop working if you are using new rpc.rquotad. -q, --quiet Print a more terse message, containing only information on filesystems where usage is over quota. -Q, --quiet-refuse Do not print error message if connection to rpc.rquotad is refused (usually this happens when rpc.rquotad is not running on the server). -w, --no-wrap Do not wrap the line if the device name is too long. This can be useful when parsing the output of quota(1) by a script. Specifying both -g and -u displays both the user quotas and the group quotas (for the user). Only the super-user may use the -u flag and the optional user argument to view the limits of other users. Non-super-users can use the the -g flag and optional group argument to view only the limits of groups of which they are members. The -q flag takes precedence over the -v flag. DIAGNOSTICS
If quota exits with a non-zero status, one or more filesystems are over quota. FILES
aquota.user or aquota.group quota file at the filesystem root (version 2 quota, non-XFS filesystems) quota.user or quota.group quota file at the filesystem root (version 1 quota, non-XFS filesystems) /etc/mtab default filesystems SEE ALSO
quotactl(2), fstab(5), edquota(8), quotacheck(8), quotaon(8), quota_nld(8), repquota(8), QUOTA(1)