Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Sun Ray 3 UNIX Lab not connected to Solaris 10 Server Post 303038361 by mwilliams21z on Saturday 31st of August 2019 12:44:26 PM
Old 08-31-2019
I left early from the office for the holiday but when I return this coming week I will check and see if the JRE has been updated

will the
Code:
/usr/java

allow me to see the current version installed ? and if so how can we link it back the previous old version. I do believe the students were getting a message saying
Quote:
JRE is being updated please use new version

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Tape Drive Connected to a Sun Ultra 10/Solaris 2.7

I have a Sun Ultra 10/Solaris 2.7 with a differential SCSI card connected to a Supter DLt1 Tape Drive. When I boot the machine, and I do a probe-scsi-all in the very beginning of the boot process. It shows up correctly. If I wait for the boot process to proceed and then I do a probe-scsi-all, I get... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: brv
1 Replies

2. Solaris

ALOM wont work when KVM connected to Sun Fire V440 server

Hi, I was asked to connect a KVM screen to a Sun Fire V440 last night so I connected it up but no joy and nothing on the KVM screen. I was told that a reboot may fix the problem so connected to the ALOM and rebooted. On the plus side, the KVM screen now works but I lost the ALOM connection. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy54321
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Sun Ray 3

Hi All, I going to install Sun Ray 3 and X4170 with sol 10 and VDI 3.2. I don't know how to do it because I don't have any idea on VDI and Sun Ray 3. Can all the guru here provide some info or theory on the whole idea for this kind of installation and maybe some steps. I now have 2 servers... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mailbox80
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Command see all devices connected to Sun server

Hi All, How to view all devices connected to Sun E2900. I wan to view all components attached to it. Please help Regards, NSkumar (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nskumar
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix server to Hard-drive connected on the machine

Hi, I have an external hard drive connected to my iMac. I am logged into a Linux_x86_64 server. Now, if I want to download files directly to the hard drive, is there a way to do it. Currently, I am chasing cyberduck to download content to the hard drive. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Sun Ray Smart Cards

I had instructions on linking 2 smart cards to one user, Does anyone remember any website on this or have instructions I lost mine :( it was basically used for leaving one card at work and one at home so they can use both to pull up same session. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nite2viper
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Sun Ray Install 5.4.5 on Solaris 11.3

I had an issue installing Sun Ray Server 5.4.5 on Solaris 11.3, and was unable to find an answer. However, I was able to noodle through it and got things running. So, for the benefit of the few that might be interested, here are the issues regarding installation of Sun Ray Server 5.4.5 on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: apljavaman
0 Replies

8. Hardware

Sun Ray 1g thin client Software?

Hello! I acquired a Sun Ray 1g thin client and i want to connect it to my Linux machine but i m having some difficulty finding software for it (sun ray server). After some recearch i fount that the software can be downloaded from Oracle ,but only if i have support for it ,which i dont :p.Also i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kotseman
2 Replies
MACROS.JPACKAGE(7)						RPM Java packaging						MACROS.JPACKAGE(7)

NAME
macros.jpackage - RPM macros for Java packagers and developers. Written for the JPackage Project <http://www.jpackage.org/>: SYNOPSIS
%_jvmdir Root directory where all Java VMs/SDK/JREs are installed. %_jvmjardir Root directory where all Java VMs/SDK/JREs expose their jars %_jvmprivdir Root directory for all Java VM/SDK/JRE's private things. %_jvmlibdir Root directory for all architecture dependent parts of Java VM/SDK/JRE's %_jvmdatadir Root directory for all architecture independent parts of Java VM/SDK/JRE's %_jvmsysconfdir Root directory for all configurations parts of Java VM/SDK/JRE's %_jvmcommonlibdir Root directory for all common architecture dependent parts of Java VM/SDK/JRE's %_jvmcommondatadir Root directory for all common architecture independent parts of Java VM/SDK/JRE's %_jvmcommonsysconfdir Root directory for all common configurations parts of Java VM/SDK/JRE's %_javadir Directory where arch and version independent jars are installed. %{_javadir}-ext Directory where version dependent jars are installed. %_{javadir} Directory where arch and version independent jars are installed. %{_javadir}-x.y.z Directory where jars for Java standard x.y.z (usually symlinks to %{_javadir}-ext) are installed. %{_javadir}-utils Directory where Java-related scripts are installed. %_jnidir Directory where arch-specific (JNI) version-independent jars are installed. %_{jnidir}-ext Directory where arch-specific (JNI) version-dependent jars are installed. %_{jnidir}-x.y.z Directory where arch-specific (JNI) jars for Java standard x.y.z (usually symlinks to %{_jnidir}-ext) are installed. %_javadocdir Root directory where all javadoc is installed. %_mavendepmapdir Directory for maven depmaps. %_mavendepmapfragdir Directory for maven depmaps. %java_home Current default JVM home. Calls a set_jvm() from java-functions(7). %ant Default ant command. %jar Default jar command. %java Default java command. Calls a set_jvm() from java-functions(7). %javac Default javac command. %javadoc Default javadoc command. %add_jvm_extension add_jvm_extension should be used in %install by extension packages to declare what extension jars they provide. %add_to_maven_depmap() add_to_depmap adds an entry to the depmap. The arguments are: %1 the original groupid %2 the original artifact id %3 the version %4 the new groupid %5 the new artifactid %update_maven_depmap() update_maven_depmap updates the main maven depmap %jpackage_script() A standard script fot running jpackage positive applications. %1 main class %2 flags %3 options %4 jars (separated by ':') %5 the name of script you wish to create DESCRIPTION
This is a library of generic rpm macros which should be used on jpackage.org compatible distributions. FILES
/etc/rpm/macros.jpackage Definitions of macros. For additional informations look at this file. /use/share/java-utils/java-functions shell script functions library for Java applications /etc/java/java.conf system-wide Java configuration file ~/.java/java.conf user's Java configuration SEE ALSO
Regular Manual Pages java.conf(5) java-functions(7) jpackage-utils(7) AUTHORS
David Walluck <david@jpackage.org> Ville Skytta <scop at jpackage.org> Nicolas Mailhot <Nicolas.Mailhot at laPoste.net> REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs using JPackage Bugzilla (http://www.jpackage.org/bugzilla/) jpackage-utils 1.7.5 February 2009 MACROS.JPACKAGE(7)