Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers How to make second file print down the whole first file? Post 303038337 by bigvito19 on Friday 30th of August 2019 05:45:49 PM
Old 08-30-2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Cragun
You say you aren't trying to go that route, but that is exactly what your "desired output" and your "re-looping" show in post #1 in this thread.

I don't know what "pipe hex the python script to the text file" means.

I don't know what "print the python script against the text file" means.

By definition a text file contains a sequence of zero or more lines of text. I don't know what "Using the text file as a place holder for lines." means.

Please explain clearly in English what you are trying to do and show us (small) sample input files and the exact output you hope to produce.

Note that if you want all of the combinations of millions of lines (10**9) from one file with millions of lines (10**9) from another file you are talking about quadrillions of combinations (10**9 * 10**9 = 10**18) (i.e., quadrillions of lines of output).

This is the pipe hex example

example.py | file1./another program will be here

Example of output

example.py | file1
generating | aaa
lines | bbb
↓ | ccc
printing against | ddd
the text file | eee

Last edited by bigvito19; 08-30-2019 at 06:57 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare two files and make 1st file same as 2nd file

I am trying to compare two file and make changes where ever its different. for example: Contents of file1 IP=192.165.89.11 NM=255.255.0.0 GW=192.165.89.1 Contents of file2 IP=192.165.89.11 NM=255.255.255.255 GW=192.165.89.1 NOTE HERE THAT NM IS DIFFERENT So i want the changes... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeepreddy
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Paste content of a file to another file and make it as columned

Pls help me on this. I have to 2 files like shown below: File 1 TAIJM AXPKIM BEMGW File 2 PXMPA JYGE IMJP What i want to do is to paste both file to a new file on thir format: File 3 TAIJM PXMPA AXPKIM JYGE BEMGW IMJP I tried cat and print, but it doesn't work. Cn... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingpeejay
6 Replies

3. Programming

makeutility: how to get the make-file name inside of the make-file?

How I can get the current make-file name in a make-file So, if I run make with specified file:make -f target.mak is it possible to have the 'target' inside of the that 'target.mak' from the file name? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call a batch file in Make file?

Hii I wanna call a batch file from a make file. Doesn't work , what is the procedure to do this.? Any idea thanks:eek: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishnampkkm
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to make my own file as a running log file in bash

Hi, I have written a small script from that iam appending the output to a file.If multiple users invoke the same script or if i invoke the same script n number of times (using &), the output file(ZZ/OUT) contains messup information. #!/bin/bash # echo "Hello" >> /tmp/ZZ/OUT sleep 10 echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: blrguest
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

make the name of file and fetch few things from log file

Hello All, I am working on a script where I need to fetch the value from a log file and log file creates with different name but few thing are common DEV_INFOMGT161_MULTI_PTC_BLD01.Stage_All_to_stp2perf1.042312114644.log STP_12_02_01_00_RC01.Stage_stp-domain_to_stp2perf2.042312041739.log ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make multiple small file out of a single file?

Hi, I have a file that consist of around six million line, now the task is to divide this file into 12 small file so that each file would have half a million lines in it. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukulverma2408
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read csv file, convert the data and make one text file in UNIX shell scripting

I have input data looks like this which is a part of a csv file 7,1265,76548,"0102:04" 8,1266,76545,"0112:04" I need to make the output data should look like this and the output data will be part of text file: 7|1265000 |7654899 |A| 8|12660000 |76545999 |B| The logic behind the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: RJG
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to make paste -d second file print down while looping?

]I would like to make the second file label 'b' print down the first file label 'a', like shifting down the file creating new lines I want it to print all the way down until the first line of the second file hit the last line of the first file. Would I have to put this into a file itself or could I... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigvito19
24 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make a copy of a file when someone tries to modify the file

I wish to take a backup of the file when someone tries to modify a file say /tmp/test.txt using vi, vim, cat, copy, mv commands. I'm aware of inotify which will notify me of any changes to the file however, I wish to make a backup before and not after the changes are made to the file. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies
DH_PYSUPPORT(1) 						  python-support						   DH_PYSUPPORT(1)

NAME
dh_pysupport - use the python-support framework to handle Python modules SYNOPSIS
dh_pysupport [debhelper options] [-V X.Y] [-X item [...]] [-n] [module dirs ...] DESCRIPTION
dh_pysupport is a debhelper program that will scan your package, detect public modules in /usr/lib/pythonX.Y/site-packages, and move them to the shared Python modules location. It will generate appropriate postinst/prerm scripts to byte-compile modules installed there for all available python versions. It will also look for private Python modules and will byte-compile them with the current Python version. You may have to list the directories containing private Python modules. If a file named debian/pyversions exists, it is used to determine the python versions with which the package can work. Appropriate dependencies on python-support, python and pythonX.Y are put in ${python:Depends}. The ${python:Versions} and ${python:Provides} optional substitution variables are made available as well. OPTIONS
module dirs If your package installs private python modules in non-standard directories, you can make dh_pysupport check those directories by passing their names on the command line. By default, it will check /usr/lib/$PACKAGE, /usr/share/$PACKAGE, /usr/lib/games/$PACKAGE and /usr/share/games/$PACKAGE -n, --noscripts Do not modify postinst/postrm scripts. -d This option is deprecated. -V X.Y Force private modules to be bytecompiled with the specific X.Y python version, regardless of the default python version on the system. -X item, --exclude=item Exclude files that contain "item" anywhere in their filename from being taken into account to generate the python dependency. It also excludes them from byte-compilation. You may use this option multiple times to build up a list of things to exclude. CONFORMS TO
Python policy as of 2006-08-10 SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of python-support but is made to work with debhelper. AUTHORS
Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org>, Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org> 1.0.15 2012-06-30 DH_PYSUPPORT(1)