Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Sun Ray 3 UNIX Lab not connected to Solaris 10 Server Post 303038326 by mwilliams21z on Friday 30th of August 2019 12:23:21 PM
Old 08-30-2019
Sun Ray 3 UNIX Lab not connected to Solaris 10 Server

All 30 of my students in the Linux Lab here at school have the same message showing on their screen when they try to log into the server.

Quote:
The network link is up, the server is not authenticated and graphics/keyboard are not encrypted. DCHP provided IP address, subnet mask, and router, but Sun Ray vendor-specific parameters are missing.

How can we Authenticate the Server and fix the missing specific parameters on the Solaris Server to fix this issue ??

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Tape Drive Connected to a Sun Ultra 10/Solaris 2.7

I have a Sun Ultra 10/Solaris 2.7 with a differential SCSI card connected to a Supter DLt1 Tape Drive. When I boot the machine, and I do a probe-scsi-all in the very beginning of the boot process. It shows up correctly. If I wait for the boot process to proceed and then I do a probe-scsi-all, I get... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: brv
1 Replies

2. Solaris

ALOM wont work when KVM connected to Sun Fire V440 server

Hi, I was asked to connect a KVM screen to a Sun Fire V440 last night so I connected it up but no joy and nothing on the KVM screen. I was told that a reboot may fix the problem so connected to the ALOM and rebooted. On the plus side, the KVM screen now works but I lost the ALOM connection. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy54321
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Sun Ray 3

Hi All, I going to install Sun Ray 3 and X4170 with sol 10 and VDI 3.2. I don't know how to do it because I don't have any idea on VDI and Sun Ray 3. Can all the guru here provide some info or theory on the whole idea for this kind of installation and maybe some steps. I now have 2 servers... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mailbox80
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Command see all devices connected to Sun server

Hi All, How to view all devices connected to Sun E2900. I wan to view all components attached to it. Please help Regards, NSkumar (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nskumar
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix server to Hard-drive connected on the machine

Hi, I have an external hard drive connected to my iMac. I am logged into a Linux_x86_64 server. Now, if I want to download files directly to the hard drive, is there a way to do it. Currently, I am chasing cyberduck to download content to the hard drive. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Sun Ray Smart Cards

I had instructions on linking 2 smart cards to one user, Does anyone remember any website on this or have instructions I lost mine :( it was basically used for leaving one card at work and one at home so they can use both to pull up same session. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nite2viper
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Sun Ray Install 5.4.5 on Solaris 11.3

I had an issue installing Sun Ray Server 5.4.5 on Solaris 11.3, and was unable to find an answer. However, I was able to noodle through it and got things running. So, for the benefit of the few that might be interested, here are the issues regarding installation of Sun Ray Server 5.4.5 on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: apljavaman
0 Replies

8. Hardware

Sun Ray 1g thin client Software?

Hello! I acquired a Sun Ray 1g thin client and i want to connect it to my Linux machine but i m having some difficulty finding software for it (sun ray server). After some recearch i fount that the software can be downloaded from Oracle ,but only if i have support for it ,which i dont :p.Also i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kotseman
2 Replies
localemanager(8)					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					  localemanager(8)

NAME
localemanager -- Configure OpenDirectory Server Locales SYNOPSIS
localemanager operation [-l localename] [-subnet 1.2.3.4/5] [-server servername] [-i IP address] DESCRIPTION
localemanager creates, destroys, and edits OpenDirectory Server Locale information. Locales are collections of OpenDirectory servers to assist clients in locating the nearest OpenDirectory Server. To use OpenDirectory Server Locales, simply create a locale on an OD server with the createLocale operation. Then add servers and subnets to the locale. All localemanager operations are performed on the local OpenDirectory node. The first time a locale is created, a DefaultLocale will automatically be created as well. The DefaultLocale will be used for any clients that don't match a subnet in any other locale. Before a locale can be configured, the server must already be an OpenDirectory server. Locales can be defined on each of the OD servers or on a single OD server in the group of OD master/replicas. For the latter, the locale information will get replicated to all of the other servers but locales will need to be "enabled" on the other servers by running the command localemanager enableLocales. Commands: help Displays the commands and options. createLocale Creates a new locale on the local OD server. This command requires the -l option. deleteLocale Deletes a locale from the local OD server. This command requires the -l option. showLocale Displays the current locale(s). The -l option can be used to display a specific locale. If -l is not specified, all locales are displayed. enableLocales Enables the use of locales on an OD server. This command is automatically run the first time any localemanager command is run on an OD server. Therefore this command only needs to be run if no other localemanager commands have been (or will be) run on this server. addSubnet Adds a new subnet to the specified locale. This command requires the -l -subnet options. removeSubnet Removes a subnet from the specified locale. This command requires -l -subnet options. addServer Adds a server to the specified locale. This command requires the -l -server options. If the -i option is specified, that IP address will be used by locale clients. This may be useful for multi-homed servers to restrict locale clients to a specific network interface. If the -i option is not specified the IP address(es) will be looked up. removeServer Removes a server from the specified locale. This command requires -l -server options. If the -i option is specified, only that IP address will be removed from the locale. If the -i option is no specified, all of the server's IP addresses will be removed from the locale. Options: -l locale Locale name. -subnet 192.168.0.0/16 Subnet specified in CIDR notation. -server server.example.com Server fully-qualified domain name. -i 192.168.1.1 Use this IP address for the server. Typically used to limit locale clients to a specific interface on a multi-homed server. FILES
/var/log/localemanager.log localemanager log file. SEE ALSO
slapconfig(8) HISTORY
First introduced in Mac OS X 10.7 Darwin June 1, 2019 Darwin