Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris 10 Login Page Loop
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Solaris 10 Login Page Loop Post 303038288 by mwilliams21z on Thursday 29th of August 2019 02:58:06 PM
Old 08-29-2019
I can log in as root So I went back in and created another user gave it the username:mwill

logged in as such and got the error

Code:
Could not chdir to home directory /export/home/mwill: Permission Denied

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i use system users in perl for login page

Hi, I want to code a script with perl. For this, I need some knowledge. How can i use system user name(with group) and password in my login page? I will be happy if you can help me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tahsinaltay
2 Replies

2. Solaris

could not get a login page

just installed solaris on my dell pc. I partinon my hard drive to dual boot solaris and windows. window works fine and solaris as well but after login in more to 3 times in solaris i keep getting this error as below and as a result i could not login again. I have re-installed several times but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seyiisq
3 Replies

3. Web Development

APACHE: Tie in Web Page login with server login

Hello, I have created a web page on a server using apache and added .htaccess and .htpasswd in the folder for authentification. I was wondering if there was anyway to tie-in the login for this page with the login used to logon to the server. i.e. the same login info. is used for both,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: WhotheWhat
2 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

APACHE: Tie in Web Page login with server login

Hello, I have created a web page on a server using apache and added .htaccess and .htpasswd in the folder for authentification. I was wondering if there was anyway to tie-in the login for this page with the login used to logon to the server. i.e. the same login info. is used for both, when... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: WhotheWhat
1 Replies

5. Web Development

Login Page

I had a login page and want to authenticate through a Unix file (.txt file). -----abc.txt------ absvd|sfjlfnfkf anldnv|asklffdko ------------------ So I want to read the file and check if corresponding username and password matches or not using javascript or JSP. Also tell me in which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravi18s
1 Replies

6. Web Development

Login page in html on unix

I want to create a login page in HTML which is hosted on apache server. The login page first authenticate the user and then directed to a form which in turn run a script on the server. I want to make login page without php or jsp. Please advice. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi18s
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

htmldoc with login on page

How can I make htmldoc write to pdf page that requires login and password? I'am doing it with PHP passthru. I have my login but htmldoc in passthru is showing me only login page. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Demerzel
4 Replies

8. Web Development

Simple Login page

Hi all, I am stepping into web-development as a hobby point of view. I am using WAMP server & have created the initial page & SQL set-up too. My problem is, I was able to login to a page/redirect to a page though I haven't specified my username & password. I thought of using both... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gameboy87
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 Login Loop Problem

I recently installed Solaris 10 as a VM. I was using the JDS and shut down the vm when I left the office. When I rebooted today I login in at the desktop login screen and press ok but I am reverted to the console screen for a spilt second and then back to the login screen. I log in as root and my... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvhoward
7 Replies

10. Linux

Curl login to web page

Hello dears, I am trying to log in the website using curl but no luck so far. The web page Content-Type is : text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1 I try the following command using curl: curl \ --header "Content-type: text/html" \ --request POST \ --data '{"user": "someusername",... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
0 Replies
cachefslog(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    cachefslog(1M)

NAME
cachefslog - Cache File System logging SYNOPSIS
cachefslog [-f logfile | -h] cachefs_mount_point DESCRIPTION
The cachefslog command displays where CacheFS statistics are being logged. Optionally, it sets where CacheFS statistics are being logged, or it halts logging for a cache specified by cachefs_mount_point. The cachefs_mount_point argument is a mount point of a cache file system. All file systems cached under the same cache as cachefs_mount_point will be logged. OPTIONS
The following options are supported. You must be super-user to use the -f and -h options. -f logfile Specify the log file to be used. -h Halt logging. OPERANDS
cachefs_mount_point A mount point of a cache file system. USAGE
See largefile(5) for the description of the behavior of cachefslog when encountering files greater than or equal to 2 Gbyte ( 2**31 bytes). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Checking the Logging of a directory. The example below checks if the directory /home/sam is being logged: example% cachefslog /home/sam not logged: /home/sam Example 2: Changing the logfile. The example below changes the logfile of /home/sam to /var/tmp/samlog: example# cachefslog -f /var/tmp/samlog /home/sam /var/tmp/samlog: /home/sam Example 3: Verifying the change of a logfile. The example below verifies the change of the previous example: example% cachefslog /home/sam /var/tmp/samlog: /home/sam Example 4: Halting the logging of a directory. The example below halts logging for the /home/sam directory: example# cachefslog -h /home/sam not logged: /home/sam EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 success non-zero an error has occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cachefsstat(1M), cachefswssize(1M), cfsadmin(1M), attributes(5), largefile(5) DIAGNOSTICS
Invalid path It is illegal to specify a path within a cache file system. SunOS 5.10 7 Feb 1997 cachefslog(1M)