Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris 10 Login Page Loop
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Solaris 10 Login Page Loop Post 303038281 by hicksd8 on Thursday 29th of August 2019 01:35:10 PM
Old 08-29-2019
Have you changed/edited the /etc/shadow file manually recently?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i use system users in perl for login page

Hi, I want to code a script with perl. For this, I need some knowledge. How can i use system user name(with group) and password in my login page? I will be happy if you can help me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tahsinaltay
2 Replies

2. Solaris

could not get a login page

just installed solaris on my dell pc. I partinon my hard drive to dual boot solaris and windows. window works fine and solaris as well but after login in more to 3 times in solaris i keep getting this error as below and as a result i could not login again. I have re-installed several times but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seyiisq
3 Replies

3. Web Development

APACHE: Tie in Web Page login with server login

Hello, I have created a web page on a server using apache and added .htaccess and .htpasswd in the folder for authentification. I was wondering if there was anyway to tie-in the login for this page with the login used to logon to the server. i.e. the same login info. is used for both,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: WhotheWhat
2 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

APACHE: Tie in Web Page login with server login

Hello, I have created a web page on a server using apache and added .htaccess and .htpasswd in the folder for authentification. I was wondering if there was anyway to tie-in the login for this page with the login used to logon to the server. i.e. the same login info. is used for both, when... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: WhotheWhat
1 Replies

5. Web Development

Login Page

I had a login page and want to authenticate through a Unix file (.txt file). -----abc.txt------ absvd|sfjlfnfkf anldnv|asklffdko ------------------ So I want to read the file and check if corresponding username and password matches or not using javascript or JSP. Also tell me in which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravi18s
1 Replies

6. Web Development

Login page in html on unix

I want to create a login page in HTML which is hosted on apache server. The login page first authenticate the user and then directed to a form which in turn run a script on the server. I want to make login page without php or jsp. Please advice. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi18s
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

htmldoc with login on page

How can I make htmldoc write to pdf page that requires login and password? I'am doing it with PHP passthru. I have my login but htmldoc in passthru is showing me only login page. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Demerzel
4 Replies

8. Web Development

Simple Login page

Hi all, I am stepping into web-development as a hobby point of view. I am using WAMP server & have created the initial page & SQL set-up too. My problem is, I was able to login to a page/redirect to a page though I haven't specified my username & password. I thought of using both... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gameboy87
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 Login Loop Problem

I recently installed Solaris 10 as a VM. I was using the JDS and shut down the vm when I left the office. When I rebooted today I login in at the desktop login screen and press ok but I am reverted to the console screen for a spilt second and then back to the login screen. I log in as root and my... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvhoward
7 Replies

10. Linux

Curl login to web page

Hello dears, I am trying to log in the website using curl but no luck so far. The web page Content-Type is : text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1 I try the following command using curl: curl \ --header "Content-type: text/html" \ --request POST \ --data '{"user": "someusername",... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
0 Replies
pwconv(1M)                                                System Administration Commands                                                pwconv(1M)

NAME
pwconv - installs and updates /etc/shadow with information from /etc/passwd SYNOPSIS
pwconv DESCRIPTION
The pwconv command creates and updates /etc/shadow with information from /etc/passwd. pwconv relies on a special value of 'x' in the password field of /etc/passwd. This value of 'x' indicates that the password for the user is already in /etc/shadow and should not be modified. If the /etc/shadow file does not exist, this command will create /etc/shadow with information from /etc/passwd. The command populates /etc/shadow with the user's login name, password, and password aging information. If password aging information does not exist in /etc/passwd for a given user, none will be added to /etc/shadow. However, the last changed information will always be updated. If the /etc/shadow file does exist, the following tasks will be performed: Entries that are in the /etc/passwd file and not in the /etc/shadow file will be added to the /etc/shadow file. Entries that are in the /etc/shadow file and not in the /etc/passwd file will be removed from /etc/shadow. Password attributes (for example, password and aging information) that exist in an /etc/passwd entry will be moved to the corre- sponding entry in /etc/shadow. The pwconv command can only be used by the super-user. FILES
/etc/opasswd /etc/oshadow /etc/passwd /etc/shadow ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
passwd(1), passmgmt(1M), usermod(1M), passwd(4), attributes(5) DIAGNOSTICS
pwconv exits with one of the following values: 0 SUCCESS. 1 Permission denied. 2 Invalid command syntax. 3 Unexpected failure. Conversion not done. 4 Unexpected failure. Password file(s) missing. 5 Password file(s) busy. Try again later. 6 Bad entry in /etc/shadow file. SunOS 5.10 9 Mar 1993 pwconv(1M)