Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Issues formatting output of two commands in a single line. Post 303038251 by Chubler_XL on Wednesday 28th of August 2019 10:32:42 PM
Old 08-28-2019
yes use %h/%f instead of %f:

Code:
find /app/logs/fname1.out -printf "%M %u %TY-%Tm-%Td %TH:%TM %h/%f $(cksum<fname1.out | cut -d' ' -f1)\n"

This User Gave Thanks to Chubler_XL For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi-line output to single line

Hello, How can I take the following output: outputa outputb outputc and turn it into single line ouput, with a single space between each field like below: outputa outputb outputc (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxRacr
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

single line input to multiple line output with sed

hey gents, I'm working on something that will use snmpwalk to query the devices on my network and retreive the device name, device IP, device model and device serial. I'm using Nmap for the enumeration and sed to clean up the results for use by snmpwalk. Once i get all the data organized I'm... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mitch
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Putting multiple sed commands on a single line

Hi, I want to make sed write a part of fileA (first 7 lines) to file1 and the rest of fileA to file2 in a single call and single line in sed. If I do the following: sed '1,7w file1; 8,$w file2' fileA I get only one file named file1 plus all the characters following file1. If I try to use curly... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: varelg
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge multi-line output into a single line

Hello I did do a search and the past threads doesn't really solve my issue. (using various awk commands) I need to combine the output from java -version into 1 line, but I am having difficulties. When you exec java -version, you get: java version "1.5.0_06" Java(TM) 2 Runtime... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: flagman5
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Multiple Commands on a Single Line

Hi There, I have a cronjob that executes a small script (few lines) that I am certain can be achieved in a single line. The functional objective is actually really simple; cmd var1 The '1' in 'var1' is actually derived from date (day of month) but the snag is when working with 1-9 I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Random79
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirecting the multiple commands output to single file

Hi, I am new to shell scripting and have a question. I would like to redirect the output of multple commands to single file, From what I read from the bash manpage and from some searching it seems it cannot be done within the shell except setting up a loop. Is it? I am running all clearcase... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saku
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Joining multi-line output to a single line in a group

Hi, My Oracle query is returing below o/p ---------------------------------------------------------- Ins trnas value a lkp1 x a lkp1 y b lkp1 a b lkp2 x b lkp2 y ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvk25
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert single line output to multiple line

Hi all, I have a single line output like below echo $ips 10.26.208.28 10.26.208.26 10.26.208.27 want to convert above single line output as below format. Pls advice how to do ? 10.26.208.28 10.26.208.26 10.26.208.27 Regards Kannan (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamauv234
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting File having big single line into 95 Char Per Line

Hi All, I have 4 big files which contains one big line containing formatted character records, I need to format each file in such way that each File will have 95 Characters per line. Last line of each file will have newline character at end. Before:- File Name:- File1.dat 102 121340560... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: lancesunny
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Output to file print as single line, not separate line

example of problem: when I echo "$e" >> /home/cogiz/file.txt result prints to file as:AA BB CC I need it to save to file as this:AA BB CC I know it's probably something really simple but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You. Cogiz (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cogiz
7 Replies
Texi2roff(1)						      General Commands Manual						      Texi2roff(1)

NAME
texi2roff, texi2index - convert Texinfo documents for formatting by troff. SYNOPSIS
texi2roff [ -me -mm -ms ] [ -iIt ] [ file ... ] texi2index [ file ... ] DESCRIPTION
Texi2roff translates the named files from the Texinfo macro language for TeX to the language accepted by troff(1). Files are read and pro- cessed in order. If no file is given or if the file is - texi2roff reads the standard input. Texi2index generates indices for documents translated by texi2roff. OPTIONS
Texi2roff -me -mm -ms format the output for use with the troff macro package named. -i translate Texinfo index commands into troff index commands. troff will then emit index entries onto the standard error output. You may capture this output and use texi2index(1) and troff to prepare indices from it. -I include Texinfo ``Info file'' menu and node contents and @ifinfo text in the output. This material does not appear in a Texinfo document formatted by TeX, but may contain interesting information or be useful when searching a machine-readable document. -t (transparent) print text affected by otherwise discarded commands, for people who are afraid of missing something. For best results use -It. EXAMPLES
Translate doc.texinfo using the Bourne shell sh(1). Format with troff and -ms, placing the formatted output in doc, index entries in index, and the formatted index in doc.index. $ texi2roff -i -ms doc.texinfo | troff -ms > doc 2> index $ texi2index index | troff -ms >doc.index As above, but use the C shell csh(1), nroff with -me, and transparent mode: % (texi2roff -iIt -me doc.texinfo | nroff -me > doc ) >& index % texi2index index | nroff -me >doc.index DIAGNOSTICS
Errors are reported giving file name and line number. AUTHOR
Beverly Erlebacher (erlebach@cs.toronto.edu). BUGS
f(CW is used to change to constant-width (typewriter-like) font. If this is not the standard at your site, run your texi2roff output through sed(1) or edit texi2roff's translation tables. There are a number of differences in formatting details compared to Texinfo. Indentation is occasionally imperfect. @def commands do not generate index entries. Although Texinfo provides for a @contents and @summarycontents Table of Contents, if both are specified only the first one will appear if -ms is used. To prevent loss of detail, texi2roff generates the same Table of Contents for both commands. The -mm macro package regards keeps as a type of display. This can cause troff to abort in the case of a keep nested in a display or vice versa. Either use a different macro package or remove a pair of Texinfo commands to eliminate nesting. Usually the @group...@end group is the best to remove. 3rd Berkeley Distribution 1 Jan 90 Texi2roff(1)