Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming My first PERL incarnation... Audio Oscillograph Post 303038230 by drl on Wednesday 28th of August 2019 07:56:56 AM
Old 08-28-2019
Hi.

Looks like progress.

When I run into trouble with perl that I cannot seem to solve by looking in the books, I often search PerlMonks - The Monastery Gates -- they have an enormous body of snippets, articles, questions/answers, and discussions to address many issues.

If you are interested in pretty-printing/tidying your code on macOS, I see that perltidy is available via brew:
Code:
Results for program brew (key "b")
 ( brew writes to /usr/local )
==> Formulae
perltidy

Results for program fink (key "f")
 ( fink writes to /sw )
Scanning package description files
Information about 306 packages read in 2 seconds.

Results for program port (key "p")
 ( port writes to /opt/local )
Error: Port perltidy not found

So I'm using:
Code:
OS, ker|rel, machine: Apple/BSD, Darwin 18.7.0, x86_64
Distribution        : macOS 10.14.6 (18G84), Mojave
perltidy - ( local: /usr/local/bin/perltidy, v20190601 )

The graph looks better to me -- keep on perlin' ... cheers, drl
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to drl For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Audio HELP Please!

I know about next to nothing, and I am trying to play an audio file on HP-UX 10.2 (743i) every time I try to use the ‘/opt/audio/bin/AudioCP &' command I get an error message that says “Unable to access audio hardware.” I checked the man page on audio, and both Aserver and rpcd are running. Am I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Matt
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

playing audio

Hi all, I play audio through the web browser and it plays ok on windows. When i try the same thing on unix i get the error message "sh: /usr/local/bin/sox: not found. I've tried 'locate sox' and can't seem to find it. Is there some way I can change the browser settings so they play the audio... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: molli_81
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Audio-Text in Unix

Hello all, Could anyone help to me :as to how can i record an audio file in unix and convert it into a text . Or anything with audio recording to get started would help . thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phantom308
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Audio Problem

Hi I recently installed BT 5 Gnome on my Asus laptop running on Intel HD graphics. I've been having problems with audio, at first I experienced the basic problem that was solved by adding pulse audio to the starting programs. This allowed me to open Sound preferences but I still have no sound.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: edreeso
0 Replies

5. Slackware

Problems with audio recording in Audacity 2.0.5. Slackware64 14.1; Intel HD Audio.

I'm trying to record audio using Audacity 2.0.5 installed from SlackBuilds. My system is 64-bit Slackware 14.1 and a sound card is Intel HD Audio. I didn't change my sound system to OSS. (Default sound system in Slackware 14.1 is ALSA, isn't it?) First, I set Internal Microphone slider in KMix... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: qzxcvbnm
2 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

An Audio Function Generator...

Ok guys, gals and geeks... As from today I am starting to learn awk in earnest doing something totally different. I am going to create a pseudo-Audio_Function Generator centred around OSX 10.11.x minimum. The code below is a tester to see what the possibilities are. All waveforms will be... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
11 Replies
ASP-PERL(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					      ASP-PERL(1p)

NAME
asp-perl - Apache::ASP CGI and command line script processor SYNOPSIS
asp-perl [-hsdb] [-f asp.conf] [-o directory] file1 @arguments file2 @arguments ... -h Help you are getting now! -f Specify an alternate configuration file other than ./asp.conf -s Setup $Session and $Application state for script. -d Set to debug code upon errors. -b Only return body of document, no headers. -o Output directory, writes to files there instead of STDOUT -p GlobalPackage config, what perl package are the scripts compiled in. DESCRIPTION
This program will run Apache::ASP scripts from the command line. Each file that is specified will be run, and the $Request->QueryString() and $Request->Form() data will be initialized by the @arguments following the script file name. The @arguments will be written as space separated words, and will be initialized as an associate array where %arguments = @arguments. As an example: asp-perl file.asp key1 value1 key2 value2 would be similar to calling the file.asp in a web environment like /file.asp?key1=value1&key2=value2 The asp.conf script will be read from the current directory for parameters that would be set with PerlSetVar normally under mod_perl. For more information on how to configure the asp.conf file, please see < http://www.apache-asp.org/cgi.html > SEE ALSO
perldoc Apache::ASP, and also http://www.apache-asp.org COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2004 Joshua Chamas, Chamas Enterprises Inc. This program is distributed under the GPL. Please see the LICENSE file in the Apache::ASP distribution for more information. perl v5.14.2 2011-08-15 ASP-PERL(1p)