Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? What is Your Favorite Editor for Linux and UNIX? | A Video in 1080 HD Post 303038030 by Swathe on Wednesday 21st of August 2019 06:33:25 PM
Old 08-21-2019
Emacs for me but also use vim quite a bit

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Post Your Favorite UNIX/Linux Related RSS Feed Links

Hello, I am planning to revise the RSS News subforum areas, here: News, Links, Events and Announcements - The UNIX Forums ... maybe with a subforum for each OS specific news, like HP-UX, Solaris, RedHat, OSX, etc. RSS subforums.... Please post your favorite OS specific RSS (RSS2) link... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

2. HP-UX

UNIX VI editor equivalent of LINUX

Hi All, I am comfortable working in LINUX and need equivalents for HP-UX for below mentioned, 1. We use TAB key to expand/reveal a name in LINUX. Is there any way to make this work for UNIX, where it is double escape. 2. Also can we use make use of left,down,up,right keys instead... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradebban
3 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

What's your favorite SSH client to connect to UNIX/Linux machines?

I am curious about the most popular ssh client on Windows environment. Talking about me, I use PuTTY most of the time coupled with WinSCP to transfer files. But, I like Tera Term too. It has great drag-drop feature where you can drag a file/folder and drop on the window and it will transfer the... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: admin_xor
14 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

What's your all time favorite UNIX/Linux book?

I can bet everyone has their one favorite book even though we have had read many books on UNIX or Linux. My all time favorite is "Unix Power Tools". This book always made me geeky and I loved the little tricks/tips in the book. I still do! The next favorite would be "Prentice Hall Unix and Linux... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: admin_xor
0 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Video: What is Your Favorite Linux Distro? UNIX.com and Primis

Video: What is Your Favorite Linux Distro? UNIX.com and Primis https://youtu.be/doa9sA6q9Uw With so many great flavors of Linux to choose from, we asked our UNIX.com members what is their favorite Linux distro and why. Here are the results: What is your favorite Linux distro? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
native::Delta(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  native::Delta(3)

NAME
SVN::Delta - Subversion delta functions SYNOPSIS
require SVN::Core; require SVN::Repos; require SVN::Delta; # driving an editor my $editor = SVN::Delta::Editor-> new(SVN::Repos::get_commit_editor($repos, "file://$repospath", '/', 'root', 'FOO', &committed)); my $rootbaton = $editor->open_root(0); my $fbaton = $editor->add_file ('filea', $rootbaton, undef, -1); my $ret = $editor->apply_textdelta ($fbaton, undef); SVN::TxDelta::send_string("FILEA CONTENT", @$ret); # implement an editor in perl SVN::Repos::dir_delta($root1, $path, undef, $root2, $path, SVN::Delta::Editor->new(_debug=>1), 1, 1, 0, 1 DESCRIPTION
SVN::Delta wraps delta related function in subversion. The most important one is SVN::Delta::Editor, the interface for describing tree deltas. by default SVN::Delta::Editor relays method calls to its internal member "_editor", which could either be an editor in C (such as the one you get from get_commit_editor), or another SVN::Delta::Editor object. SVN
::Delta::Editor Driving Editors If you want to drive a native editor (such as commit_editor obtained by SVN::Repos::get_commit_editor), create a SVN::Delta::Editor object with the native editor/baton pair. The object will then be ready to use and its method calls will be relayed to the native editor. Implementing Editors If you want to implement an editor, subclass SVN::Delta::Editor and implement the editors callbacks. see the METHODS section below. CONSTRUCTOR - new (...) new ($editor, $editor_baton) Link to the native editor You can also pass a hash array to new: _debug Turn on debug. _editor An arrayref of the editor/baton pair or another SVN::Delta::Editor object to link with. METHODS Please consult the svn_delta.h section in the Subversion API. Member functions of svn_delta_editor_t could be called as methods of SVN::Delta::Editor objects, with the edit_baton omitted. The pool is also optional. If you are subclassing, the methods take exactly the same arguments as the member functions (note that void ** are returned data though as throughout the perl bindings), with the edit_baton omitted. BUGS
Functions returning editor/baton pair should really be typemapped to a SVN::Delta::Editor object. AUTHORS
Chia-liang Kao <clkao@clkao.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2003 CollabNet. All rights reserved. This software is licensed as described in the file COPYING, which you should have received as part of this distribution. The terms are also available at http://subversion.tigris.org/license-1.html. If newer versions of this license are posted there, you may use a newer version instead, at your option. This software consists of voluntary contributions made by many individuals. For exact contribution history, see the revision history and logs, available at http://subversion.tigris.org/. perl v5.10.0 2005-10-24 native::Delta(3)