Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Check if string contains substring surrounded by numbers Post 303038015 by rdrtx1 on Wednesday 21st of August 2019 11:08:39 AM
Old 08-21-2019
Code:
[[:digit:]]E[[:digit:]]

Last edited by rdrtx1; 02-18-2020 at 08:03 PM..
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to rdrtx1 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

can i get a substring from a string?

for example, the string a is "abcdefg", can i get a substring "bcd" (from ato a) from string a? thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dell9
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting a substring from a string

hi all, I am trying to extract SUBSTRINGS out of a string using ksh. The string is "SAPR3K.FD0.FA.TJ.B0010.T050302" I tried using a= `expr substr $stringZ 1 2` which is giving me a syntax error, donno why?? any ideas why its not working?? I also tried echo "welcome" | awk '{... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maradona
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get the substring from the string

Hi All, Can anybody help me to get the substring from the given string. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anshu
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

get substring from string

Hi All, Problem Description: XML_REP_REQUEST=`CONCSUB "$LOGIN" "SQLAP" "$RESP_NAME" "$USRNM" WAIT="Y" "CONCURRENT" "APPLICATION_SHORT_NAME" "CP_SHORT_NAME"` echo Report Request: $XML_REP_REQUEST --to print value in log file While execution the value of 'XML_REP_REQUEST' is 'Prozess... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suman.g
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with string and substring also I/O

#!/bin/sh PRINTF=/usr/bin/printf PASSWD=/etc/passwd $PRINTF "Enter a UserID\n" read USERID if ; then $PRINTF "$USERID does not exist, please contact IT service\n" exit 1 fi USERHOME=`grep "^$USERID:" $PASSWD | awk -F : '{print $6}'` USERSHELL=`grep "^$USERID:"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ikeQ
1 Replies

6. Programming

Check for a substring

Hi, I have a macro which I use with ROOT. In this macro I want to check if a part of string exist so I can ignore it inside a loop. So, inside a loop I want to have something like: if (string == "pre_ti_data_bdt*" || string == "pre_ti_data_nn*") continue;but of course I cannot use * in this... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: faizlo
11 Replies

7. Programming

check substring

hi everyone I have a C program where I have a line and I want to check if the line contains a string.The line is stored in a buffer.How can I do that? Can I consider the whole line as a string and check for a substring?And if so what's the most efficient way to achieve it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vlm
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substring check in IF condition in shell script

I want to check if the string has the substring in IF condition then process... i tried below but not working if ]; then ............. field can be "reserved1" ....reservedn / fillspaces1 ... fillspacesn (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: greenworld123
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if a string starts with certain values and ends with numbers

This is very basic. Yet Iam struggling to get the right pattern for my check. Apologize in advance to ask a very lame question. I have to validate if a value of the variable starts with "efgh" and followed by 6 numbers. Var1="efgh234567" The condition Iam trying to achieve is similar to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakwins
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting substring within string between 2 token within the string

Hello. First best wishes for everybody. here is the input file ("$INPUT1") contents : BASH_FUNC_message_begin_script%%=() { local -a L_ARRAY; BASH_FUNC_message_debug%%=() { local -a L_ARRAY; BASH_FUNC_message_end_script%%=() { local -a L_ARRAY; BASH_FUNC_message_error%%=() { local... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
3 Replies
SUBSTR_COUNT(3) 							 1							   SUBSTR_COUNT(3)

substr_count - Count the number of substring occurrences

SYNOPSIS
int substr_count (string $haystack, string $needle, [int $offset], [int $length]) DESCRIPTION
substr_count(3) returns the number of times the $needle substring occurs in the $haystack string. Please note that $needle is case sensi- tive. Note This function doesn't count overlapped substrings. See the example below! PARAMETERS
o $haystack - The string to search in o $needle - The substring to search for o $offset - The offset where to start counting o $length - The maximum length after the specified offset to search for the substring. It outputs a warning if the offset plus the length is greater than the $haystack length. RETURN VALUES
This function returns an integer. CHANGELOG
+--------+-----------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+-----------------------------------------------+ | 5.1.0 | | | | | | | Added the $offset and the $length parameters | | | | +--------+-----------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 A substr_count(3) example <?php $text = 'This is a test'; echo strlen($text); // 14 echo substr_count($text, 'is'); // 2 // the string is reduced to 's is a test', so it prints 1 echo substr_count($text, 'is', 3); // the text is reduced to 's i', so it prints 0 echo substr_count($text, 'is', 3, 3); // generates a warning because 5+10 > 14 echo substr_count($text, 'is', 5, 10); // prints only 1, because it doesn't count overlapped substrings $text2 = 'gcdgcdgcd'; echo substr_count($text2, 'gcdgcd'); ?> SEE ALSO
count_chars(3), strpos(3), substr(3), strstr(3). PHP Documentation Group SUBSTR_COUNT(3)