Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Detect active usb device used by app Post 303038005 by dallas88 on Tuesday 20th of August 2019 05:12:30 PM
Old 08-20-2019
Neo, thanks Smilie for the info. This really will save me plenty of time and help with monitoring some usb devices. It help me to know if external device is no longer active

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't detect usb thumbdrive anymore

hey everyone! i have a Solaris 8 box with me, and i had been using my usb thrumbdrive on it all the time. one day, i was in a rush and i pulled out the thumbdrive without ejecting it or anything. and now i can't detect any thumbdrives at all. i had tried using another thumbdrive, but with no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: feef
2 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to detect if a Windows app dies??

Hello All: I hope this is the right category... I have a application (this app runs under java and jboss) that runs under Windows, it's started as a service. If that application should become disabled, crash or no longer function, what would be the best method for determining it is no longer... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyc
6 Replies

3. Linux

mounting usb device

Hi Folks, I want to know how to mount usb device (cd,dvd etc) in linux, Regards, Manoj (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Usb Device

AM TRYING TO CONNECT A USB EXTERNAL DRIVE FOR BACKUP,THE USB SLOT IS AVAILABLE,BUT I DONT KNOW IF IT IS READY WHEN I CONNECT IT,AND WHAT COMMANDS DO I NEED. tHANKS (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomjones
10 Replies

5. Programming

How to detect usb storage arrival and its mount path from C

Hi, I am a newbi to linux, i wana to write a program in C that can detect arrival of a usb flash memory. I want also to find the actual mount point of new inserted flash disk. can anyone help me? thanks a lot (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aghashahi
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH Script to Detect and List USB Flash Drives

Hello. This is my first post to this forum. I've read many of the posts over the last two or three years and I've learned a lot. I'm creating a live Linux distribution using the Linux Live Scripts -- just as a hobby project -- and I'm wanting to create an automated way for a user to copy the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: godzillarama
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Detect USB keyboard and other peripherals

Hi there, I have a Debian machine without any peripherals (no screen, no keyboard, etc.). I'd like to be able to detect and log when someone plugs a USB keyboard. Something like : 2009-07-04 12:21 warning: keyboard pluged! Is that possible? I see two ways : 1. Either actively react to the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to detect a file from inserted usb and puts into a Variable

There is a same named log file that I have on my 2 different android phones. When I plug it into my computer, it appears in the media folder, For example the first android phone: /media/F6BA-0AF5/folder/A.log I want to put that into a variable to be manipulated.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tobenguyen
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

USB Device Identification

In linux system when a pnp usb device is plugged in then how does the system gets a notification of it? I mean to say in linux usb system there is usb host controller above which is host controller driver above which is usb core. So does the host controller/usb core keeps on polling the usb bus... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Tar on usb device

Hi, i am developing an application on an ARM 7 architatcure with a small Linux. i want to run tar on a usb device (~10 Mb) but it runs realy slow. the command only takes 1% of cpu usage. is there a way to improve the tar command or is the USB-Connection the bottleneck here? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: louisk
4 Replies
SND_UAUDIO(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 					     SND_UAUDIO(4)

NAME
snd_uaudio -- USB audio and MIDI device driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device sound device usb device snd_uaudio Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): snd_uaudio_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The snd_uaudio driver provides support for USB audio class devices and USB MIDI class devices. A USB audio device consists of a number of components: input terminals (e.g. USB digital input), output terminals (e.g. speakers), and a num- ber of units in between (e.g. volume control). Refer to the 'USB Audio Class Specification' for more information. SEE ALSO
sound(4), usb(4) USB Audio Class Specifications, http://www.usb.org/developers/devclass_docs/. HISTORY
The snd_uaudio driver first appeared in FreeBSD 4.7. AUTHORS
This manual page was adopted from NetBSD 1.6 and modified for FreeBSD by Hiten Pandya <hmp@FreeBSD.org>. BUGS
The PCM framework in FreeBSD, as of this writing, does not handle device un-registrations in a properly abstracted manner, i.e., a detach request is refused by the PCM framework if the device is in use. It is necessary to allow the device un-registration to complete success- fully, otherwise the PCM layer will panic. BSD
February 24, 2011 BSD