Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming My first PERL incarnation... Audio Oscillograph Post 303037986 by MadeInGermany on Tuesday 20th of August 2019 08:02:10 AM
Old 08-20-2019
To answer you previous question: perl or python,
Perl is certainly better in this kind of turning the bits and bytes inside out.

The following should be improved:
Quote:
Code:
system("/usr/bin/printf", "\x1B[1;1f");

Code:
system("printf", "$plot");

Code:
system("printf", "\x1B[21;1f\x1B[0mPress Ctrl-C to stop! ");

The built-in print and printf are much more powerful than the shell's printf.
This User Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Audio HELP Please!

I know about next to nothing, and I am trying to play an audio file on HP-UX 10.2 (743i) every time I try to use the ‘/opt/audio/bin/AudioCP &' command I get an error message that says “Unable to access audio hardware.” I checked the man page on audio, and both Aserver and rpcd are running. Am I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Matt
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

playing audio

Hi all, I play audio through the web browser and it plays ok on windows. When i try the same thing on unix i get the error message "sh: /usr/local/bin/sox: not found. I've tried 'locate sox' and can't seem to find it. Is there some way I can change the browser settings so they play the audio... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: molli_81
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Audio-Text in Unix

Hello all, Could anyone help to me :as to how can i record an audio file in unix and convert it into a text . Or anything with audio recording to get started would help . thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phantom308
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Audio Problem

Hi I recently installed BT 5 Gnome on my Asus laptop running on Intel HD graphics. I've been having problems with audio, at first I experienced the basic problem that was solved by adding pulse audio to the starting programs. This allowed me to open Sound preferences but I still have no sound.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: edreeso
0 Replies

5. Slackware

Problems with audio recording in Audacity 2.0.5. Slackware64 14.1; Intel HD Audio.

I'm trying to record audio using Audacity 2.0.5 installed from SlackBuilds. My system is 64-bit Slackware 14.1 and a sound card is Intel HD Audio. I didn't change my sound system to OSS. (Default sound system in Slackware 14.1 is ALSA, isn't it?) First, I set Internal Microphone slider in KMix... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: qzxcvbnm
2 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

An Audio Function Generator...

Ok guys, gals and geeks... As from today I am starting to learn awk in earnest doing something totally different. I am going to create a pseudo-Audio_Function Generator centred around OSX 10.11.x minimum. The code below is a tester to see what the possibilities are. All waveforms will be... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
11 Replies
PERL-DEPENDS(1) 					      cvs status - formatter						   PERL-DEPENDS(1)

NAME
perl-depends - Roughly find out module depends from Perl file(s) SYNOPSIS
perl-depends [options] FILE [FILE ...] DESCRIPTION
Find out roughly the modules the program uses. This is based on the idea, that Perl evaluates the "use" commands at compile time and stores the loaded module information into the %INC variable. By examining the loaded modules and comparing them against the standard Perl modules, the external module dependencies can be roughly estimated. The depends information can be used to determine what external modules have to be installed before a program can be used. The target FILE have to be instrumented with the dependency checking code. The resulting "binary" is then stored in a temporary file which the user runs. This program does not run the instrumented files because it cannot know what possible options need to be passed for the program to trigger "no behavior". That is, something that doesn't actually involve executing the "binary" in real. Such options passed would include --version, --dry-run, invalid options like --generate-syntax-error-now, or invalid files etc. to make program stop on error. The user can know better the details of running the intrumented file. An example of output: the external module depends here is 'Regexp::Common' and the rest of them can be ignored. Regexp::Common Regexp/Common.pm Regexp::Common::CC Regexp/Common/CC.pm ... OPTIONS
-e, --extension=EXT Use extension EXT for instrumented files. The default is ".tmp". -h, --help Print text help --help-html Print help in HTML format. --help-man Print help in manual page man(1) format. -v, --verbose LEVEL Print informational messages. Increase numeric LEVEL for more verbosity. -V, --version Print contact and version information. EXAMPLES
Instrument a file, run it to see results and delete instrumentation: perl-depends file.pl perl file.pl.tmp --version rm *.tmp TROUBLESHOOTING
None. ENVIRONMENT
None. FILES
None. EXIT STATUS
This program's exit status is not defined. The instrumented programs exit status is 1 in case external moduels are displayed and 0 if no external modules are found. DEPENDENCIES
Uses standard Perl modules. BUGS AND LIMITATIONS
None. SEE ALSO
cpan(1) AVAILABILITY
http://freshmeat.net/projects/perl-depends AUTHOR
Jari Aalto <jari.aalto@cante.net> LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Jari Aalto <jari.aalto@cante.net> This program is free software; you can redistribute and/or modify program under the terms of GNU General Public license either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. perl v5.10.1 2011-03-24 PERL-DEPENDS(1)