Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers sed to replace / between the two numbers Post 303037983 by Raghuram717 on Tuesday 20th of August 2019 07:25:44 AM
Old 08-20-2019
i tried this ..this is not working for me...1
Code:
sed 's/\[0-9]*\/\([0-9]\)*/\t/g'

Last edited by RavinderSingh13; 08-20-2019 at 08:48 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to replace numbers by string

Hi! I need the following script: - All numbers in a filename (0-9) have to be replace by a String ("Zero"-"Nine") - The script has to go through all the files in the current directory and has to replace the numbers as described above... I have no idea how to do this... Thanks! Michael (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michi21609
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace US numbers with European numbers

hey, I have a file with numbers in US notation (1,000,000.00) as well as european notation (1.000.000,00) i want all the numbers to be in european notation. the numbers are in a text file, so to prevent that the regex also changes the commas in a sentence/text i thought of: sed 's/,/\./'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FOBoy
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace multiple numbers?

hello everyone i searched the net and i could not find script for this request. i believe sed command will do it but i'm not sure about how. my file contains thousands of records, the following is sample: BEGIN ASX15001 BEGIN ASX15000000500020101230 ASX18001020070002010123... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: neemoze
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace numbers in records

hello every one I have file with following records begin ASX120016719 ASX190006729 ASX153406729 ASX190406759 ASX180006739 end for each record there is ASX word then 9 digits after it (NO spaces included) what i want is to : 1- skip ASX 2-skip first 2 digits after ASX word... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: neemoze
16 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed&awk: replace lines with counting numbers

Dear board, (I am trying to post this the 3rd time, seems there's some conflicts with my firefox with this forum, now use IE) ------ yes, I have searched the forum, but seems my ? is too complicated. ------------origianl file --------------- \storage\qweq\ertert\ertert\3452\&234\test.rec... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: oUo
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

using sed to find and replace multiple numbers

I have looked around and there are several examples of how to use sed, but I don't think any of them help me very much with what I am trying to do. I have a text file like this.... 1! SRCNAM = 00001 ! 1! X = 50.0000, 0.0000,... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mercury.int
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Selective Replacements: Using sed or awk to replace letters with numbers in a very specific way

Hello all. I am a beginner UNIX user who is using UNIX to work on a bioinformatics project for my university. I have a bit of a complicated issue in trying to use sed (or awk) to "find and replace" bases (letters) in a genetics data spreadsheet (converted to a text file, can be either... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mince
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sed/awk to find negative numbers and replace with 1?

Greetings. I have a three column file, and there are some numbers in the second column that are <1. However I need all numbers to be positive, thus need to replace all those numbers with just one. I feel like there must be a simple way to use awk to find these numbers and sed to replace but can't... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Twinklefingers
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I replace the lines that start with a star and replace it with numbers start from 1?

I need to replace the (*) in the fist of a list with numbers using sed for example > this file contain a list * linux * computers * labs * questions to >>>> this file contain a list 1. linux 2. computers 3. labs 4. questions (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aalbazie
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace groups into sequential numbers

I have a file that looks like this: n1 1 n2 1 n3 1 n4 3 n4 3 n2 5 n2 5 n2 5 n2 5 n3 5 n3 5 n4 6 n7 6 that is a name followed be a descriptive number. I want to make these numbers sequential starting from 0 but without changing the "neighbours" each name belongs to. So the above... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: FelipeAd
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)