Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers sed to replace / between the two numbers Post 303037982 by Neo on Tuesday 20th of August 2019 06:39:51 AM
Old 08-20-2019
You need to try and write your own code at unix.com.

You have 28 posts here.

Surely you can try to write a one line of sed code? (code not working as you expect is OK and encouraged)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to replace numbers by string

Hi! I need the following script: - All numbers in a filename (0-9) have to be replace by a String ("Zero"-"Nine") - The script has to go through all the files in the current directory and has to replace the numbers as described above... I have no idea how to do this... Thanks! Michael (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michi21609
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace US numbers with European numbers

hey, I have a file with numbers in US notation (1,000,000.00) as well as european notation (1.000.000,00) i want all the numbers to be in european notation. the numbers are in a text file, so to prevent that the regex also changes the commas in a sentence/text i thought of: sed 's/,/\./'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FOBoy
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace multiple numbers?

hello everyone i searched the net and i could not find script for this request. i believe sed command will do it but i'm not sure about how. my file contains thousands of records, the following is sample: BEGIN ASX15001 BEGIN ASX15000000500020101230 ASX18001020070002010123... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: neemoze
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace numbers in records

hello every one I have file with following records begin ASX120016719 ASX190006729 ASX153406729 ASX190406759 ASX180006739 end for each record there is ASX word then 9 digits after it (NO spaces included) what i want is to : 1- skip ASX 2-skip first 2 digits after ASX word... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: neemoze
16 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed&awk: replace lines with counting numbers

Dear board, (I am trying to post this the 3rd time, seems there's some conflicts with my firefox with this forum, now use IE) ------ yes, I have searched the forum, but seems my ? is too complicated. ------------origianl file --------------- \storage\qweq\ertert\ertert\3452\&234\test.rec... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: oUo
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

using sed to find and replace multiple numbers

I have looked around and there are several examples of how to use sed, but I don't think any of them help me very much with what I am trying to do. I have a text file like this.... 1! SRCNAM = 00001 ! 1! X = 50.0000, 0.0000,... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mercury.int
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Selective Replacements: Using sed or awk to replace letters with numbers in a very specific way

Hello all. I am a beginner UNIX user who is using UNIX to work on a bioinformatics project for my university. I have a bit of a complicated issue in trying to use sed (or awk) to "find and replace" bases (letters) in a genetics data spreadsheet (converted to a text file, can be either... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mince
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sed/awk to find negative numbers and replace with 1?

Greetings. I have a three column file, and there are some numbers in the second column that are <1. However I need all numbers to be positive, thus need to replace all those numbers with just one. I feel like there must be a simple way to use awk to find these numbers and sed to replace but can't... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Twinklefingers
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I replace the lines that start with a star and replace it with numbers start from 1?

I need to replace the (*) in the fist of a list with numbers using sed for example > this file contain a list * linux * computers * labs * questions to >>>> this file contain a list 1. linux 2. computers 3. labs 4. questions (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aalbazie
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace groups into sequential numbers

I have a file that looks like this: n1 1 n2 1 n3 1 n4 3 n4 3 n2 5 n2 5 n2 5 n2 5 n3 5 n3 5 n4 6 n7 6 that is a name followed be a descriptive number. I want to make these numbers sequential starting from 0 but without changing the "neighbours" each name belongs to. So the above... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: FelipeAd
3 Replies
GIT-REPLACE(1)							    Git Manual							    GIT-REPLACE(1)

NAME
git-replace - Create, list, delete refs to replace objects SYNOPSIS
git replace [-f] <object> <replacement> git replace -d <object>... git replace -l [<pattern>] DESCRIPTION
Adds a replace reference in .git/refs/replace/ The name of the replace reference is the SHA1 of the object that is replaced. The content of the replace reference is the SHA1 of the replacement object. Unless -f is given, the replace reference must not yet exist in .git/refs/replace/ directory. Replacement references will be used by default by all git commands except those doing reachability traversal (prune, pack transfer and fsck). It is possible to disable use of replacement references for any command using the --no-replace-objects option just after git. For example if commit foo has been replaced by commit bar: $ git --no-replace-objects cat-file commit foo shows information about commit foo, while: $ git cat-file commit foo shows information about commit bar. The GIT_NO_REPLACE_OBJECTS environment variable can be set to achieve the same effect as the --no-replace-objects option. OPTIONS
-f If an existing replace ref for the same object exists, it will be overwritten (instead of failing). -d Delete existing replace refs for the given objects. -l <pattern> List replace refs for objects that match the given pattern (or all if no pattern is given). Typing "git replace" without arguments, also lists all replace refs. BUGS
Comparing blobs or trees that have been replaced with those that replace them will not work properly. And using git reset --hard to go back to a replaced commit will move the branch to the replacement commit instead of the replaced commit. There may be other problems when using git rev-list related to pending objects. And of course things may break if an object of one type is replaced by an object of another type (for example a blob replaced by a commit). SEE ALSO
git-tag(1) git-branch(1) git(1) GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.7.10.4 11/24/2012 GIT-REPLACE(1)