Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers sed to replace / between the two numbers Post 303037982 by Neo on Tuesday 20th of August 2019 06:39:51 AM
Old 08-20-2019
You need to try and write your own code at unix.com.

You have 28 posts here.

Surely you can try to write a one line of sed code? (code not working as you expect is OK and encouraged)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to replace numbers by string

Hi! I need the following script: - All numbers in a filename (0-9) have to be replace by a String ("Zero"-"Nine") - The script has to go through all the files in the current directory and has to replace the numbers as described above... I have no idea how to do this... Thanks! Michael (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michi21609
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace US numbers with European numbers

hey, I have a file with numbers in US notation (1,000,000.00) as well as european notation (1.000.000,00) i want all the numbers to be in european notation. the numbers are in a text file, so to prevent that the regex also changes the commas in a sentence/text i thought of: sed 's/,/\./'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FOBoy
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace multiple numbers?

hello everyone i searched the net and i could not find script for this request. i believe sed command will do it but i'm not sure about how. my file contains thousands of records, the following is sample: BEGIN ASX15001 BEGIN ASX15000000500020101230 ASX18001020070002010123... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: neemoze
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace numbers in records

hello every one I have file with following records begin ASX120016719 ASX190006729 ASX153406729 ASX190406759 ASX180006739 end for each record there is ASX word then 9 digits after it (NO spaces included) what i want is to : 1- skip ASX 2-skip first 2 digits after ASX word... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: neemoze
16 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed&awk: replace lines with counting numbers

Dear board, (I am trying to post this the 3rd time, seems there's some conflicts with my firefox with this forum, now use IE) ------ yes, I have searched the forum, but seems my ? is too complicated. ------------origianl file --------------- \storage\qweq\ertert\ertert\3452\&234\test.rec... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: oUo
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

using sed to find and replace multiple numbers

I have looked around and there are several examples of how to use sed, but I don't think any of them help me very much with what I am trying to do. I have a text file like this.... 1! SRCNAM = 00001 ! 1! X = 50.0000, 0.0000,... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mercury.int
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Selective Replacements: Using sed or awk to replace letters with numbers in a very specific way

Hello all. I am a beginner UNIX user who is using UNIX to work on a bioinformatics project for my university. I have a bit of a complicated issue in trying to use sed (or awk) to "find and replace" bases (letters) in a genetics data spreadsheet (converted to a text file, can be either... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mince
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sed/awk to find negative numbers and replace with 1?

Greetings. I have a three column file, and there are some numbers in the second column that are <1. However I need all numbers to be positive, thus need to replace all those numbers with just one. I feel like there must be a simple way to use awk to find these numbers and sed to replace but can't... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Twinklefingers
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I replace the lines that start with a star and replace it with numbers start from 1?

I need to replace the (*) in the fist of a list with numbers using sed for example > this file contain a list * linux * computers * labs * questions to >>>> this file contain a list 1. linux 2. computers 3. labs 4. questions (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aalbazie
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace groups into sequential numbers

I have a file that looks like this: n1 1 n2 1 n3 1 n4 3 n4 3 n2 5 n2 5 n2 5 n2 5 n3 5 n3 5 n4 6 n7 6 that is a name followed be a descriptive number. I want to make these numbers sequential starting from 0 but without changing the "neighbours" each name belongs to. So the above... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: FelipeAd
3 Replies
NWBPSET(1)							      nwbpset								NWBPSET(1)

NAME
nwbpset - Create a bindery property or set its value SYNOPSIS
nwbpset [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] DESCRIPTION
nwbpset Reads a property specification from the standard input and creates and sets the corresponding property. The format is determined by the output of 'nwbpvalues -c'. nwbpset will hopefully become an important part of the bindery management suite of ncpfs, together with As another example, look at the following command line: nwbpvalues -t 1 -o supervisor -p user_defaults -c | sed '2s/.*/ME/'| sed '3s/.*/LOGIN_CONTROL/'| nwbpset With this command, the property user_defaults of the user object 'supervisor' is copied into the property login_control of the user object 'me'. nwbpvalues -t 1 -o me -p login_control -c | sed '9s/.*/ff/'| nwbpset This command disables the user object me. Feel free to contribute other examples! nwbpset looks up the file $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server, a user name and possibly a password. See nwclient(5) for more information. Please note that the access permissions of $HOME/.nwclient MUST be 600 for security reasons. OPTIONS
-h -h is used to print out a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user user is the user name to use for login. -P password password is the password to use for login. If neither -n nor -P are given, and the user has no open connection to the server, nwbpset prompts for a password. -n -n should be given if no password is required for the login. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. AUTHORS
nwbpset was written by Volker Lendecke. See the Changes file of ncpfs for other contributors. nwbpset 8/7/1996 NWBPSET(1)