Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Facing difficulty scraping website with curl Post 303037941 by sand1234 on Sunday 18th of August 2019 07:43:46 PM
Old 08-18-2019
Facing difficulty scraping website with curl

Hi,

As an exercise, I am attempting to scrape the following website to obtain ticket price for a certain journey, so I can capture the cheapest ticket by running the script hourly.

Code:
https://www.skyscanner.com.au/transport/d/del/2019-12-14/bkkt/bkkt/2019-12-19/del?adults=2&children=0&adultsv2=2&childrenv2=&infants=0&cabinclass=economy&ref=home#/

I am not able to capture the ticket price via the curl command. Is there any better way to scrape the webpage to get the information I need?

Code:
curl -o skyscanner.txt -L https://www.skyscanner.com.au/transport/d/del/2019-12-14/bkkt/bkkt/2019-12-19/del?adults=2&children=0&adultsv2=2&childrenv2=&infants=0&cabinclass=economy&ref=home#/

Thanks.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reverse Proxy difficulty

Hi I am trying to set up two hosts in a reverse proxy. The reverse proxy already has 8 servers running perfectly, but they are all simply mapping pure addresses, which I have registered internally and externally. The latest two I wish to add are a bit different, they are app servers, one... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rboekdrukker
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Difficulty

Hi, I am trying to upload a file to a SQL database table. The column type is IMAGE. I am looking for a solution to upload a word doc file. I tried 3 approaches. 1) my $fileToStore = "mytest.doc"; open IPFILE, "<", $name; binmode IPFILE; while (<IPFILE>) { $fileToStore .= $_; } close... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: b.paramanatti
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop difficulty

hi all I am new to unix and want to create a loop to repeat the loop and before that it ask me to do so.I know "while" may help but I put it in my work and getting stuk with it.any help appreciated. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: samsami1971
13 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Unable to connect to a website using Curl

Hello, I am using Curl command to make a function call to a web service. The issue I am facing right now is: curl h**p://www.google.com with the above command, I get a XML file as a response. Also when i execute : wget h**p://www.google.com Replace ** : tt I can see status as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitshete
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

difficulty with awk

hello folks, i am stuck with this awk command. i need to calculate the sum of a column of values on a flatfile and i am using the following command : awk -F"|" '{x += $10} END {print "Sum: "x}' standard_csv_file1.out that flatfile contains 180 fields and i am getting the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdsony
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difficulty with set - command

Hi , i have a shell script with the first two lines as #! /bin/ksh set -x when i try opening the file from unix using the command 'sh filename.sh' , i am getting the below error : invalid optionline 2: set: - Pls help Use code tags for you code and data... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rajankum
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scraping line - Using awk or sed

Hello, Can somone help with this command please? I have this output pattern in a file. I use a simple awk command to print each field separated by comma. For example I use this to get the first awk -F, "{ print $1 }" "ABC=abcdefg,CDF=mnqrst,GGG=hrvyess" issue: What I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnassiri
7 Replies

8. Programming

Python Web Page Scraping Urls Creating A Dictionary

I have thrown in the towel and cant figure out how to do this. I have a directory of html files that contain urls that I need to scrape (loop through) and add into a dictionary. An example of the output I would like is: bigbadwolf.htlm: https://www.blah.com, http://www.blahblah.com,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
5 Replies
QBOOBMSG(1)						      General Commands Manual						       QBOOBMSG(1)

NAME
qboobmsg - Qt application to read an reply to messages on various websites SYNOPSIS
qboobmsg [-h] [-dqv] [-b backends] ... qboobmsg [--help] [--version] DESCRIPTION
Qt application allowing to read messages on various websites and reply to them. Supported websites: * aum ("Adopte un Mec" French dating website) * bnporc (BNP Paribas French bank website) * bouygues (Bouygues Telecom French mobile phone provider) * dlfp (Da Linux French Page news website) * ecrans (Ecrans French news website) * fourchan (4chan image board) * hds (Histoires de Sexe French erotic novels) * inrocks (Les Inrocks French news website) * lefigaro (Le Figaro French newspaper website) * minutes20 (2 Minutes French newspaper website) * newsfeed (Loads RSS and Atom feeds from any website) * okc (OkCupid dating website) * orange (Orange French mobile phone provider) * phpbb (phpBB forum) * presseurop (Presseurop website) * sfr (SFR French mobile phone provider) * taz (Taz newspaper website) OPTIONS
--version show program's version number and exit -h, --help show this help message and exit -b BACKENDS, --backends=BACKENDS what backend(s) to enable (comma separated) LOGGING OPTIONS
-d, --debug display debug messages -q, --quiet display only error messages -v, --verbose display info messages --logging-file=LOGGING_FILE file to save logs -a, --save-responses save every response COPYRIGHT
Copyright(C) 2010-2011 Romain Bignon For full COPYRIGHT see COPYING file with weboob package. FILES
"~/.config/weboob/backends" SEE ALSO
Home page: http://weboob.org/applications/qboobmsg qboobmsg 0.c 04 May 2012 QBOOBMSG(1)