Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming My first PERL incarnation... Audio Oscillograph Post 303037923 by Neo on Saturday 17th of August 2019 11:34:09 PM
Old 08-18-2019
Thanks for sharing, wisecracker!

My only comments is "so great to see someone enjoying their hobby and posting their thoughts and results here".

Thank you again for your many contributions to these forums, in so many ways.
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Audio HELP Please!

I know about next to nothing, and I am trying to play an audio file on HP-UX 10.2 (743i) every time I try to use the ‘/opt/audio/bin/AudioCP &' command I get an error message that says “Unable to access audio hardware.” I checked the man page on audio, and both Aserver and rpcd are running. Am I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Matt
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

playing audio

Hi all, I play audio through the web browser and it plays ok on windows. When i try the same thing on unix i get the error message "sh: /usr/local/bin/sox: not found. I've tried 'locate sox' and can't seem to find it. Is there some way I can change the browser settings so they play the audio... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: molli_81
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Audio-Text in Unix

Hello all, Could anyone help to me :as to how can i record an audio file in unix and convert it into a text . Or anything with audio recording to get started would help . thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phantom308
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Audio Problem

Hi I recently installed BT 5 Gnome on my Asus laptop running on Intel HD graphics. I've been having problems with audio, at first I experienced the basic problem that was solved by adding pulse audio to the starting programs. This allowed me to open Sound preferences but I still have no sound.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: edreeso
0 Replies

5. Slackware

Problems with audio recording in Audacity 2.0.5. Slackware64 14.1; Intel HD Audio.

I'm trying to record audio using Audacity 2.0.5 installed from SlackBuilds. My system is 64-bit Slackware 14.1 and a sound card is Intel HD Audio. I didn't change my sound system to OSS. (Default sound system in Slackware 14.1 is ALSA, isn't it?) First, I set Internal Microphone slider in KMix... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: qzxcvbnm
2 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

An Audio Function Generator...

Ok guys, gals and geeks... As from today I am starting to learn awk in earnest doing something totally different. I am going to create a pseudo-Audio_Function Generator centred around OSX 10.11.x minimum. The code below is a tester to see what the possibilities are. All waveforms will be... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
11 Replies
sharing(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						sharing(1)

NAME
sharing -- create share points for afp, ftp and smb services. SYNOPSIS
sharing [-a <path> [options]] [-e <share point name> [options]] [-r <share point name>] [-l] DESCRIPTION
A list of flags and their descriptions: -a <path> add a new share point for the directory specified by <path>. -e <share point name> edit the share point record specified by <share point name>. -r <share point name> delete the share point record specified by <share point name>. -l list all existing share point records. Description of options The following options modify share point record attributes -A <afp name> use customized name <afp name> when using share point with afp. -F <ftp name> use customized name <ftp name> when using share point with ftp. -S <smb name> use customized name <smb name> when using share points with smb. -s <flags> use this option to modify individually, the sharing attribute for afp, ftp and smb. By default a share point record is enabled for afp, ftp and smb. To modify the indiviual attributes AND the following flags as required: 100 (enable sharing for afp only), 010 (enable sharing for ftp only), 001 (enable sharing for smb only). Specify 000 to turn off sharing of a share point all together. use customized name <smb name> when using share points with smb. -g <guest flag> use this option to modify individually, the "guest" attribute for afp, ftp and smb. The "guest" attribute specifies whether a ser- vice will allow guest access to this share point record. By default a "guest" is enabled for afp, ftp and smb. To modify the attribute, AND the following <guest flags> as required: 100 (enable guest access for afp only), 010 (enable guest access for ftp only), 001 (enable guest access for smb only). Specify 000 to turn off guest access for the share point all together. -i <inherit privileges flag> use this option to modify the "inherit privileges" attribute for afp. The "inherit privileges" attribute specifies whether afp will apply the classic privilege model to operations within this share point. By default "inherit privileges" is disabled for afp. To modify the "inherit privileges", AND the following <guest flags> as required: 10 (enable "inherit privileges" for afp only). Spec- ify 00 to turn off "inherit privileges" for the share point all together. -n <customized record name> Specify a <customized record name> to be used as the share point record name. By default the record name is the name of the direc- tory pointed to by the share point record. This directory is specified bt the <path> when the record is created. EXAMPLES
/usr/sbin/sharing -a /SomePath/ShareThisDirectory This example shows how create a share point record for the directory "/SomePath/ShareThisDirectory". /usr/sbin/sharing -e ShareThisDirectory -A SP1 -g 101 This example shows how to edit the share point record created above, adding a customized name "SP1" for afp servies, and enabling guest access only for afp and smb. FILES
/usr/sbin/sharing location of tool Mac OS X Server June 2, 2019 Mac OS X Server