Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Check if file exists
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Check if file exists Post 303037843 by locoroco on Wednesday 14th of August 2019 06:43:22 PM
Old 08-14-2019
Check if file exists

I need to check whether a file exists and has been changed.

The file should contain a specific string. The file should also have been changed within the last ten seconds.

How do I do that?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check file exists from a shellscript

Hi, I have a list of files that I want to check to see if they exist and then count how many of these files exist, I also want to do the same for the files that arent found. I have done this by creating temp files see below but want ot do this using variables instead: for FILE in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonydsam
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check to see if a file exists?

Hi. I'd like to have an IF-Then-Else statement where I can check to see if a file exists? We have the Bourne Shell by default. I'm looking for the syntax to do something like this: if myfile.txt exists then ...my code else ...my code end if Any help would be greatly... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: buechler66
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP check if file exists

I lookifn for a way to SFTP a file based on the presence of a flag file . The logic is some thing like this in shelling terms IF ]; then download file.DDMM.dat FI The above is just the way of interpreting the logic. Just want to add that i do not have SSh access to the remote... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpsnook
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to check to see if a file exists?

I want to write a script to see if various files exist. What I want to do is have the script search in various directories if a file exist, and if not, then output something like "/path/file does not exist". I don't actually know of how to check and see if a file exists or not. What I have in mind... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: astropi
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

File exists, but cannot be opened.How to check- whether it could be opened to read when it exists

Hi #Testing for file existence if ; then echo 'SCHOOL data is available for processing' else echo 'SCHOOL DATA IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR PROCESSING' : i wrote a script, where it begins by checking if file exists or not. If it exists, it truncates the database... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rxg
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check whether file exists in directory

Hi guys, I am beginner trying to learn unix. So any help is welcomed. My requirement is to check whether is a file exists in a particular directory or not. The directory path and filename are taken dynamically with user interaction. So the program should continue only if the $filename... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maris_markur
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if file exists or not

Hi, I want to check if the file exists or not in the directory. i am trying below code but not working. File="/home/va59657/Account_20090213*.dat" echo "$File" if ]; then echo "file found" else echo "file not found" fi However i am getting file not found even if file exits as... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if a string exists in a file

bash in RHEL 6.3 I have these 2 files with strings. $ cat someStrings.txt LOGICAL1 HUNGARY2 PENGUIN2 MOBILE GUITAR1 MOUSE1 $$ cat checkIF.txt PENGUIN MOBILE $I need to search for strings in someStrings.txt file that matches the patterns in checkIF.txt file. The strings in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check if file exists

Hi, I have the below code written. However I am not getting the desired output I am checking if the particular path has file in it. #!/bin/bash ls -l /IRS2/IRS2_ODI/INFILE/*LS* 1>/dev/null 2>/dev/null if then echo $? echo "File Exists" fi ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shanmugapriya D
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Check that at least one file exists in the directory.

There are some files with suffix dates like abc_20032019.dat abc_17032019.dat If at least one file exists then perform some operation else exit from execution. Korn shell ---------------------------------- array=($inputdir/abc*.dat) If ] ] then echo " file exits" else echo " file does... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh123
10 Replies
ISTAT(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ISTAT(1)

NAME
istat - Display details of a meta-data structure (i.e. inode) SYNOPSIS
istat [-B num ] [-f fstype ] [-i imgtype] [-o imgoffset] [-b dev_sector_size] [-vV] [-z zone ] [-s seconds ] image [images] inode DESCRIPTION
istat displays the uid, gid, mode, size, link number, modified , accessed, changed times, and all the disk units a structure has allocated. The options are as follows: -B num Display the addresses of num disk units. Useful when the inode is unallocated with size 0, but still has block pointers. -f fstype Specify the file system type. Use '-f list' to list the supported file system types. If not given, autodetection methods are used. -s seconds The time skew of the original system in seconds. For example, if the original system was 100 seconds slow, this value would be -100. -i imgtype Identify the type of image file, such as raw or split. Use '-i list' to list the supported types. If not given, autodetection methods are used. -o imgoffset The sector offset where the file system starts in the image. -b dev_sector_size The size, in bytes, of the underlying device sectors. If not given, the value in the image format is used (if it exists) or 512-bytes is assumed. -v Verbose output of debugging statements to stderr -V Display version -z zone An ASCII string of the original system's time zone. For example, EST5EDT or GMT. These strings are defined by the operating system and may vary. NOTE: This has changed since TCTUTILs. image [images] One (or more if split) disk or partition images whose format is given with '-i'. inode Meta-data number to display stats on AUTHOR
Brian Carrier <carrier at sleuthkit dot org> Send documentation updates to <doc-updates at sleuthkit dot org> ISTAT(1)