Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Help getting a code in awk - Want to know how much of the data is covered by entries Post 303037838 by rdrtx1 on Wednesday 14th of August 2019 01:46:11 PM
Old 08-14-2019
Code:
awk '
NR > 1 {
   if (!id1[$2]++) {ids[idc++]=$2; len[$2]=$4;}
   for (i=$5; i<$6; i++) if (!value[$2,i]++) coverage[$2]++;
}
END {
   for (i=0; i<idc; i++)
      printf "%d --- %d / %d = %.3f\n", ids[i],
             coverage[ids[i]], len[ids[i]],
             (coverage[ids[i]] / len[ids[i]]);
}
' data

Note: for first line there is only one range of coverage. Check the range in output shown.

Last edited by rdrtx1; 08-14-2019 at 08:54 PM.. Reason: efficiency++
This User Gave Thanks to rdrtx1 For This Post:

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk code to ignore the first occurence unknown number of rows in a data column

Hello experts, Shown below is the 2 column sample data(there are many data columns in actual input file), Key, Data A, 1 A, 2 A, 2 A, 3 A, 1 A, 1 A, 1 I need the below output. Key, Data A, 2 A, 2 A, 3 A, 1 A, 1 A, 1 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
2 Replies
IDS2NGRAM(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					      IDS2NGRAM(1)

NAME
ids2ngram - generate n-gram data file from ids file SYNOPSIS
ids2ngram [option]... ids_file... DESCRIPTION
ids2ngram generates idngram file, which is a sorted [id1,..,idN,freq] array, from binary id stream files. Here, the id stream files are always generated by mmseg or slmseg. Basically, it finds all occurrence of n-words tuples (i.e. the tuple of (id1,..,idN)), and sorts these tuples by the lexicographic order of the ids make up the tuples, then write them to specified output file. INPUT
The input file is presented as a binary id stream, which looks like: [id0,...,idX] OPTIONS
All the following options are mandatory. -n,--NMax N Generates N-gram result. ids2ngram does only support uni-gram, bi-gram, and trigram, so any number not in the range of 1..3 is not valid. -s,--swap swap-file Specify the temporary intermediate file. -o, --out output-file Specify the result idngram file, e.g. the array of [id1, ..., idN, freq] -p, --para N Specify the maximum n-gram items per paragraph. ids2ngram writes to the temporary file on a per-paragraph basis. Every time it writes a paragraph out, it frees the corresponding memory allocated for it. When your computer system permits, a higher N is suggested. This can speed up the processing speed because of less I/O. EXAMPLE
Following example will use three input idstream file idsfile[1,2,3] to generate the idngram file all.id3gram. Each para (internal map size or hash size) would be 1024000, using swap file for temp result. All temp para result would eventually be merged to got the final result. ids2ngram -n 3 -s /tmp/swap -o all.id3gram -p 1024000 idsfile1 idsfile2 idsfile3 AUTHOR
Originally written by Phill.Zhang <phill.zhang@sun.com>. Currently maintained by Kov.Chai <tchaikov@gmail.com>. SEE ALSO
mmseg(1), slmseg(1), slmbuild (1). perl v5.14.2 2012-06-09 IDS2NGRAM(1)