Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Help getting a code in awk - Want to know how much of the data is covered by entries Post 303037838 by rdrtx1 on Wednesday 14th of August 2019 01:46:11 PM
Old 08-14-2019
Code:
awk '
NR > 1 {
   if (!id1[$2]++) {ids[idc++]=$2; len[$2]=$4;}
   for (i=$5; i<$6; i++) if (!value[$2,i]++) coverage[$2]++;
}
END {
   for (i=0; i<idc; i++)
      printf "%d --- %d / %d = %.3f\n", ids[i],
             coverage[ids[i]], len[ids[i]],
             (coverage[ids[i]] / len[ids[i]]);
}
' data

Note: for first line there is only one range of coverage. Check the range in output shown.

Last edited by rdrtx1; 08-14-2019 at 08:54 PM.. Reason: efficiency++
This User Gave Thanks to rdrtx1 For This Post:

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk code to ignore the first occurence unknown number of rows in a data column

Hello experts, Shown below is the 2 column sample data(there are many data columns in actual input file), Key, Data A, 1 A, 2 A, 2 A, 3 A, 1 A, 1 A, 1 I need the below output. Key, Data A, 2 A, 2 A, 3 A, 1 A, 1 A, 1 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
2 Replies
uuid(n) 							       uuid								   uuid(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
uuid - UUID generation and comparison SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require uuid ?1.0.1? ::uuid::uuid generate ::uuid::uuid equal id1 id2 _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a generator of universally unique identifiers (UUID) also known as globally unique identifiers (GUID). This implemen- tation follows the draft specification from (1) although this is actually an expired draft document. COMMANDS
::uuid::uuid generate Creates a type 4 uuid by MD5 hashing a number of bits of variant data including the time and hostname. Returns the string represen- tation of the new uuid. ::uuid::uuid equal id1 id2 Compares two uuids and returns true if both arguments are the same uuid. EXAMPLES
% uuid::uuid generate b12dc22c-5c36-41d2-57da-e29d0ef5839c REFERENCES
[1] Paul J. Leach, "UUIDs and GUIDs", February 1998. (http://www.opengroup.org/dce/info/draft-leach-uuids-guids-01.txt) BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category uuid of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
GUID, UUID CATEGORY
Hashes, checksums, and encryption COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2004, Pat Thoyts <patthoyts@users.sourceforge.net> uuid 1.0.1 uuid(n)