Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Special character replacement Post 303037831 by Neo on Wednesday 14th of August 2019 10:27:04 AM
Old 08-14-2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohit_shinez
Yes you are correct it should be |||| , and is there a generic way to replace the special characters apart from §, I mean if i get any other special character
rohit_shinez,

You can't really expect to post a single small line of code and the expect people here to write every thing else for you.

Why don't you try again? Put your own work into the task and not change your original requirements and expect others to code it for you.

Please do some of your own work. TRY!
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in character replacement in Korn Shell

How do I replace a space " " character at a particular position in a line? e.g. I have a file below $ cat i2 111 002 A a 33 0011 B c 2222 003 C a I want all the 1st spaces to be replaced with forward slash "/" and the 3rd spaces to have 5 spaces to get the output below: 111/002... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevefox
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Character replacement

Hi, I am working on a command that replaces some occurrences of quotation marks in file. The quotation mark cannot be the first or the last character in line and cannot be preceded or followed by a comma. I am not an expert in regular expressions, but I managed to create the following... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: piooooter
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH - Character Replacement

Hey all. Easy question. I have a (ksh) varaible x. It contains the following (for example): N557788 I want to replace the "N" with a "-". I've done this before but for the life of me I cannot remember how I did it. Thanks. mtw (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mixxamike
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed-Special character replacement

Hi I want to replace ./testsed.ksh with testsed.ksh ./ is to be removed scriptnm=`sed -e 's/\.///' $0 does not work Please help (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: usshell
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

banner character replacement

Can we able to replace the character # in banner command with some other characters. Can we able to blink the character in Kornshell (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sivakumar.rj
1 Replies

6. Programming

python, character replacement

Hello, I need to do this in python but I'm just learning py and it's quite urgent. I have a script I created and need an interactive python script to modify part of a line. MY SCRIPT #ligand prep. Uses 'ind' prefix. The initial ligand must be ind.pdb. This #generates ind.pdbqt.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gav2251
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

global search and replacement of a non-ascii character

Hi, I need to do a global search and replacement of a non-ascii character. Let me first give the background of my problem. Very frequently, I need to copy set of references from different sources. Typically, a reference would like this: Banumathy et al., 2002 G. Banumathy, V. Singh and U.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: effjay
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleteing one character after an special character

I have below line in a unix file, I want to delete one character after "Â". 20091020.Non-Agency CMO Daily Trade Recap Â~V Hybrids The result should be : 20091020.Non-Agency CMO Daily Trade Recap  Hybrids i dont want to use "~V" anywhere in the sed command or any other command, just remove... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohsin.quazi
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - replacement file path with variable - Escaping / character

Hi,, I have the line below in a file: $!VarSet |LFDSFN1| = '"E:\APC\Trials\20140705_427_Prototype Trial\Data\T4_20140705_Trial_Cycle_Data_13_T_Norm.txt" "VERSION=100 FILEEXT=\"*.txt\" FILEDESC=\"General Text\" "+""+"TITLE{SEARCH=NONE NAME=\"New Dataset\" LINE=1I want to write a script to change... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: carlr
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trigger email from script if the Special Character replacement is successfull

Hello Gurus, I have a script developed... #!/bin/bash #--------------------------------------------------------------------- # This pScript will remove/replace the special characters fromfiles #--------------------------------------------------------------------- trxdate="`date... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nanduedi
1 Replies
runtest(1)						      General Commands Manual							runtest(1)

NAME
runtest - the DejaGnu test driver program SYNOPSIS
runtest [ options ] DESCRIPTION
DejaGnu is a framework for running test suites on GNU tools. It is written in expect, which uses Tcl (Tool command language). runtest is the test driver program; use it to control what tests to run, and variations on how to run them. You can find a comprehensive description of DejaGnu and runtest in The DejaGnu Testing Framework or its Info version, dejagnu.info. OPTIONS
--all Print all test output to screen. By default, only unexpected results are displayed. --baud rate Set the baud rate for a serial line connection. Some serial interface programs (like tip) don't use this value but instead use a separate initialization file. --connect type The type of connection to use. The choices are rlogin, telnet, rsh, kermit, tip and mondfe. --debug Turn on expect internal debugging output. All output is logged to a file called dbg.out. The output of the --strace also goes into this file. --help Prints out a help screen and then exits. --host type The configuration string for the host. --ignore test1.exp test2.exp ... Do not run the specified tests. --mail 'name1 name2 ...' Electronic mail addresses to receive test results. --name hostname The network hostname of the target board. --objdir path path is a directory containing compiled test code. --outdir directory The name of a directory for test log output. --reboot Reboot the target board when runtest initializes (if supported). --srcdir path path is a directory containing test directories. --strace N Turns on expect internal tracing to N levels deep. --target type The configuration string for the target. --tool toolname Specify the tool to be tested. toolname controls the test suite applied, and the associated initialization module. --verbose, -v Turns on more debugging output from test cases and DejaGnu utility code. Use more than once to increase output further. --version, -V Prints out the versions of DejaGnu, expect and Tcl. -D[number] Activate the Tcl debugger.number can be either 1 or 0. If it is 1, then the expect shell will break when it starts to run. All ^C's drop DejaGnu back to the debugger prompt. A 0 starts DejaGnu like normal, but a ^C drops to the debugger prompt. Any file name on the command line is assumed to be a subset of the test names to run. Usually these are the names of the expect test driver, ie... special.exp. Makefile style variables are used to specify tool names and their flags; these and other configuration dependent values are saved in the file site.exp, created during configuration. EXIT CODES
runtest sets the exit code to 1 if any of the tests failed, or sets it to 0 if all the tests passed. SEE ALSO
The DejaGnu Testing Framework (dejagnu.info). This is the DejaGnu manual; its source is the SGML files doc/*.sgml. in the DejaGnu distri- bution. AUTHOR
Rob Savoye (rob@welcomehome.org) 29 Jul 2003 runtest(1)