Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Cannot extract libraries using sed Post 303037751 by Neo on Monday 12th of August 2019 11:41:34 PM
Old 08-13-2019
Please post the output of this command only:

Code:
./copy_chroot_lib.sh ls echo

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help! Sed extract a pattern

I am trying to extract "securitySettings" out of line: <a ref ="http://localhost:5654/securitySettings"> using sed as follows: name = `grep "localhost" file.html | sed -n 's/.**\/\(.*)/\">/\1/p'` But it didn't run, seems have some syntax error. Do anybody knows why? Thank you very... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: zhen
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED to extract characters

Hi, Please let me know how do we write a piece of code to extract characters from a line using SED. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shilpi
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED to extract characters

Hi, Please let me know how do we write a piece of code to extract characters from a line using SED. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shilpi
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED extract XML value

I have the following string: <min-pool-size>2</min-pool-size> When I pipe the string into the following code I am expcting for it to return just the value "2", but its just reurning the whole string. Why?? sed -n '/<min-pool-size>/,/<\/min-pool-size>/p' Outputting:... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ArterialTool
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract word using sed

Hello, I am new to sed and am trying to extract a word using sed. for example i have a line "const TotalAmount& getTotalAmount() const; " in the file test.txt I am trying to extract getTotalAmount() from the line. For this i tried cat test.txt | sed -n 's/.*get*\(\)//p But... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasbala
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed extract from xml

I have an xml file that generally looks like this: "<row><dnorpattern>02788920</dnorpattern><description/></row><row><dnorpattern>\+ 44146322XXXX</dnorpattern><description/></row><row><dnorpattern>40XXX</dnorpattern><description/></row><row><dnorpattern>11</dn... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: garboon
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract using sed

Given a file with contents /arch/powerpc/boot/4xx.o > /arch/powerpc/boot/.4xx.o.cmd > /arch/powerpc/boot/addnote 5766a5769 > /arch/powerpc/boot/.addnote.cmd 5768a5772,5773 > /arch/powerpc/boot/bamboo.o > /arch/powerpc/boot/.bamboo.o.cmd 5769a5775,5778 > /arch/powerpc/boot/cpm-serial.o... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: xerox
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed data extract

Hello, I have huge number files in a directory. All files have the data. I want extract data. I want all output write to single csv file. following codes works. Thank you very much for help. sed -n '/.*Content$txtE_Zip" type="text" value="\(*\)" maxlength.*/s//\1/p' *>file1 sed -n... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hoo
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to extract all strings

Hi, I have a text file containing 2 lines as follows: I'm trying to extract all the strings following an "AME." The output would be as follows: BUSINESS_UNIT PROJECT_ID ACTIVITY_ID RES_USER1 RESOURCE_ID_FROM ANALYSIS_TYPE BI_DISTRIB_STATUS BUSINESS_UNIT PROJECT_ID ACTIVITY_ID... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpletech369
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a value using sed (easy)

I have this command to replace the version value from PROGRAM (for example here PROGRAM == player) by NEWVERSION sed "/^ *$PROGRAM:/{N; s/*$/ $NEWVERSION/;}" -i $PRDFILE player: version: V6R2013xD3HF5v1 player_old: version: V6R2013xD3HF5v1 partchecker: version:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcanale
2 Replies
tracker-extract(1)						   User Commands						tracker-extract(1)

NAME
tracker-extract - Extract metadata from a file. SYNOPSYS
tracker-extract [OPTION...] FILE... DESCRIPTION
tracker-extract reads the file and mimetype provided in stdin and extract the metadata from this file; then it displays the metadata on the standard output. NOTE: If a FILE is not provided then tracker-extract will run for 30 seconds waiting for DBus calls before quitting. OPTIONS
-?, --help Show summary of options. -v, --verbosity=N Set verbosity to N. This overrides the config value. Values include 0=errors, 1=minimal, 2=detailed and 3=debug. -f, --file=FILE The FILE to extract metadata from. The FILE argument can be either a local path or a URI. It also does not have to be an absolute path. -m, --mime=MIME The MIME type to use for the file. If one is not provided, it will be guessed automatically. -d, --disable-shutdown Disable shutting down after 30 seconds of inactivity. -i, --force-internal-extractors Use this option to force internal extractors over 3rd parties like libstreamanalyzer. -m, --force-module=MODULE Force a particular module to be used. This is here as a convenience for developers wanting to test their MODULE file. Only the MOD- ULE name has to be specified, not the full path. Typically, a MODULE is installed to /usr/lib/tracker-0.7/extract-modules/. This option can be used with or without the .so part of the name too, for example, you can use --force-module=foo Modules are shared objects which are dynamically loaded at run time. These files must have the .so suffix to be loaded and must con- tain the correct symbols to be authenticated by tracker-extract. For more information see the libtracker-extract reference documen- tation. -V, --version Show binary version. EXAMPLES
Using command line to extract metadata from a file: $ tracker-extract -v 3 -f /path/to/some/file.mp3 Using a specific module to extract metadata from a file: $ tracker-extract -v 3 -f /path/to/some/file.mp3 -m mymodule ENVIRONMENT
TRACKER_EXTRACTORS_DIR This is the directory which tracker uses to load the shared libraries from (used for extracting metadata for specific file types). These are needed on each invocation of tracker-store. If unset it will default to the correct place. This is used mainly for testing purposes. FILES
$HOME/.config/tracker/tracker-extract.cfg SEE ALSO
tracker-store(1), tracker-sparql(1), tracker-stats(1), tracker-info(1). tracker-extract.cfg(5). /usr/lib/tracker-0.7/extract-modules/ GNU
July 2007 tracker-extract(1)