Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Secure application user.
Operating Systems Linux Secure application user. Post 303037719 by AbuAliiiiiiiiii on Sunday 11th of August 2019 09:58:40 AM
Old 08-11-2019
Secure application user.

Gents

I want command to export password of appuser to /opt/appuser.out

user password will be changed by Access Management System from time to time.

Application need this password to stay running otherwise will be impacted.

Application will keep reading this file /opt/appuser.out to get the new password whenever changed securely.

Kindly support with command.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

F-secure application: exporting profile

Is it possible to export your saved profiles in F-secure. I have looked in F-secure's documentation, on google, here, and other places and can't seem to figure out how to do it. It seems like such a simple task... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

any reason for a user without a homedir - security/config/application?

Hi, Can I just quick pick everyone brain here about the following: There is a security audit going on at the company I work for and one of the things that needed to be resolved was that there were a lot of users who don't have a home directory. As this is a fairly large environment of over... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Solarius
5 Replies

3. Linux

How to delete a user account in linux bases application.

Hi, Can anyone please guide me how can I remove/block a user from a server access. /usr/sbin/adduser -d /home/john john echo ****** | passwd --stdin john I used the above command to add a user "john". How do I delete and block john. Appreciate your responses. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureshcisco
1 Replies

4. Linux

Launch application in gnome session of another user.

A gnome session is launched by UserA of System A, I am connected to userB of System B(or A) through PUTTY. I want to launch an application for eg: gedit through Putty in the display of system A. how can I achieve this. for eg:- root is logged in to System A, with gdm. DISPLAY=0.0, ip =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sivaswami
4 Replies

5. Linux

Secure NFS mount for a single user

We have Server 1 - mounts an NFS share from another server to a users directory. Server 2 - has NFS share and the share only allows access from Server 1. How can we make sure no other users on Server 1 can access the NFS mount? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adrnalnrsh
5 Replies

6. Programming

Questions about user authentication in my application

Hi, all, I am a newbie to linux authentication part. Questions below really puzzle me: How to authenticate users from local storage(passwd shadow) and nis server? (Without PAM) getpwnam_r() will return a '*' in the pw_passwd field of "struct passwd". I can parse /etc/shadow. But how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mythmgn
1 Replies

7. Solaris

New user: lost application manager

Dear all, I am a beginner with Solaris. I unfortunately remove the Application Manager from the Front Panel, and I really don't know how to put it again, or from where launch it... Could anyone help me? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: avr
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Piping to user application sometimes fail

Hi, currently, I have a problem in a stress test bash script. i´m using the following command: while true; do echo $"command" | ./myprogram; sleep 0.4; done --> myprogram is watching for stdin via select The problem is that it will work a couple of times. After that, the stdin fd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bertl100
3 Replies
tpmtoken_setpasswd(1)					      General Commands Manual					     tpmtoken_setpasswd(1)

TPM Management - tpmtoken_setpasswd

NAME
tpmtoken_setpasswd - change the password(s) associated with the user's TPM PKCS#11 data store SYNOPSIS
tpmtoken_setpasswd [ OPTION ] DESCRIPTION
tpmtoken_setpasswd is used to change the password(s) associated with the user's data store. PKCS#11 requires a password (or PIN) for the Security Officer (SO) and the User. The SO and User password are set when the data store is initialized. This command will allow the user change either password. -h, --help Display command usage info. -v, --version Display command version info. -l, --log [none|error|info|debug] Set logging level. -k, --token STRING Use STRING to identify the label of the PKCS#11 token to be used -s, --security-officer Set the Security Officer password instead of the User password SEE ALSO
tpmtoken_init(1), tpmtoken_import(1), tpmtoken_objects(1), tpmtoken_protect(1) REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <trousers-users@lists.sourceforge.net> TPM Management 2005-04-25 tpmtoken_setpasswd(1)