Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Calculate the performance of employee Post 303037660 by rohit_shinez on Friday 9th of August 2019 03:09:17 AM
Old 08-09-2019
Agree to that, But would more keen on bash scripting for learning purpose

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bc calculate problem

Hi , this is the first time i use bc to calculate and i would have decimal result , i use the following : toto=400;scale=1 echo $toto / 1000|bc scale to adjust the numbers after the command would have in this case 0.4 as result and i wonder why i have always 0 as result. Somebody can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nicol
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

calculate output

I was wondering can anyone give me a clue how to start script which would do the following: I have 2 numbers as input for example: 100 and 1000 and I need to create file and in that file should be written 100 - 199 200 - 299 300 - 399 400 - 499 500 - 599 600 - 699 700 - 799... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amon
3 Replies

3. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Announcing collectl - new performance linux performance monitor

About 4 years ago I wrote this tool inspired by Rob Urban's collect tool for DEC's Tru64 Unix. What makes this tool as different as collect was in its day is its ability to run at a low overhead and collect tons of stuff. I've expanded the general concept and even include data not available in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MarkSeger
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

calculate the space

Hi everyone, I need to write a script to calculate the space for sub-folders under /home: Here is the scanrio: cd /home drwxr-xr-x 57 root root 8192 Jan 22 16:13 home_1 drwxrwxrwx 69 root root 8192 Jan 29 10:36 home_2 drwxr-xr-x 97 root root 8192 Nov... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: za_7565
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i calculate percentage ??

i have 3 files like total.dat=18 equal.dat=14 notequal.dat=16 i need find the equal percentange means: equalpercentage = ($equal.dat / $total.dat * 100) How i can do this ? I tried some of the answers to calculate the percentage in this forums.but it couldn't worked.Some one please... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobprabhu
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How To Calculate

I have 2 variables in my shell scripts in which i am using awk and calculating 2 files and getting 2 different variable called in_total and out_total. I want to subtract one variable from another so plz tell me how i can do that. Example is: cat in_file | awk -F: '{ in_total += $1 * 86400... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna_sicsr
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate age of a file | calculate time difference

Hello, I'm trying to create a shell script (#!/bin/sh) which should tell me the age of a file in minutes... I have a process, which delivers me all 15 minutes a new file and I want to have a monitoring script, which sends me an email, if the present file is older than 20 minutes. To do... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: worm
10 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calculate

i have file input abcedef|wert|13|03|10|04|23|A1|13|05|01|09|31 fsdasdf|ferg|12|04|25|21|21|A1|13|02|26|20|31 dfsfsad|gerg|12|04|25|21|21|A1|13|02|25|25|31 i expect the output abcedef|wert|13|03|10|04|23|A1|13|05|01|09|31|9.516666667... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: radius
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Employee records

If there are 2 records for an Employee, How can I choose the one with eff_status = ‘Active' and ignore the eff_status ='Terminated'. if there is only one record, then just write that record regardless of the eff_status. Please assist. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Harimalyala
1 Replies
X11PERFCOMP(1)						      General Commands Manual						    X11PERFCOMP(1)

NAME
x11perfcomp - X11 server performance comparison program SYNTAX
x11perfcomp [ -r | -ro ] [ -l label_file ] files DESCRIPTION
The x11perfcomp program merges the output of several x11perf(1) runs into a nice tabular format. It takes the results in each file, fills in any missing test results if necessary, and for each test shows the objects/second rate of each server. If invoked with the -r or -ro options, it shows the relative performance of each server to the first server. Normally, x11perfcomp uses the first file specified to determine which specific tests it should report on. Some (non-DEC :) servers may fail to perform all tests. In this case, x11perfcomp automatically substitutes in a rate of 0.0 objects/second. Since the first file determines which tests to report on, this file must contain a superset of the tests reported in the other files, else x11perfcomp will fail. You can provide an explicit list of tests to report on by using the -l switch to specify a file of labels. You can create a label file by using the -label option in x11perf. OPTIONS
x11perfcomp accepts the options listed below: -r Specifies that the output should also include relative server performance. -ro Specifies that the output should include only relative server performance. -l label_file Specifies a label file to use. X DEFAULTS
There are no X defaults used by this program. SEE ALSO
X(7x), x11perf(1) AUTHORS
Mark Moraes wrote the original scripts to compare servers. Joel McCormack just munged them together a bit. X Version 11 Release 6.6 X11PERFCOMP(1)