Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers UNIX Command to Match columns from two csv files Post 303037645 by RudiC on Thursday 8th of August 2019 03:37:34 PM
Old 08-08-2019
Did you consider the join command, made for exactly this case? Like
Code:
join -1 1 -2 2 -t, ServerInfo.csv ConfigFormat.csv

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix Bash: substitute columns in .csv using other .csv columns

Hi All, I have two .csv's input.csv having values as (7 columns) ABC,A19907103,ABC DEV YUNG,2.17,1000,2157,07/07/2006 XYZ,H00213850,MM TRUP HILL,38.38,580,23308,31/08/2010 output.csv having (25 columns) A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Y... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhivyas
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match columns several files

Hey fellas! Here come my problem. I appreciate if you have a look at it. I have several files with following structure: file_1:1 21 4 45 file_2:2 31 4 153 6 341 and so on... and I have a 'reference' file look like this: File_ref:A 1 B 2 C 3 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: @man
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match the columns between 2 files

I have two files I want to match ids in the 5th column of the file 1 with the first column of the file 2 and get the description for the matched ids as shown in the output sno nm no nm2 ID 1 cc 574372 yyyi |6810|51234| 2 bb 119721 nmjk |6810|51234|51179| ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raj_k
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing Select Columns from two CSV files in UNIX and create a third file based on comparision

Hi , I want to compare first 3 columns of File A and File B and create a new file File C which will have all rows from File B and will include rows that are present in File A and not in File B based on First 3 column comparison. Thanks in advance for your help. File A A,B,C,45,46... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ady_koolz
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 csv files by columns, then extract certain columns of matcing rows

Hi all, I'm pretty much a newbie to UNIX. I would appreciate any help with UNIX coding on comparing two large csv files (greater than 10 GB in size), and output a file with matching columns. I want to compare file1 and file2 by 'id' and 'chain' columns, then extract exact matching rows'... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkane3
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match columns from two csv files and update field in one of the csv file

Hi, I have a file of csv data, which looks like this: file1: 1AA,LGV_PONCEY_LES_ATHEE,1,\N,1,00020460E1,0,\N,\N,\N,\N,2,00.22335321,0.00466628 2BB,LES_POUGES_ASF,\N,200,200,00006298G1,0,\N,\N,\N,\N,1,00.30887539,0.00050312... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: djoseph
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 files of csv file and match column data and create a new csv file of them

Hi, I am newbie in shell script. I need your help to solve my problem. Firstly, I have 2 files of csv and i want to compare of the contents then the output will be written in a new csv file. File1: SourceFile,DateTimeOriginal /home/intannf/foto/IMG_0713.JPG,2015:02:17 11:14:07... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: refrain
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Import 2 columns from 8 .csv files into pandas df (side by side) and write a new csv

I have 8 .csv files with 16 columns and "n" rows with no Header. I want to parse each of these .csv and get column and put the data into a new.csv. Once this is done, the new.csv should have 16 columns (2 from each input.csv) and "n" rows. Now, I want to just take the average of Column from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zam_1234
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Match the columns between two files and output

Hi Help, I have two files namely a.txt and b.txt a.txt looks like a.txt 1 2 2 1 3 3 2 4 4 4 5 6 6 7 7 b.txt looks like, b.txt 1 2 1 1 3 2 2 4 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Indra2011
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Data match 2 files based on first 2 columns matching only and join if match

Hi, i have 2 files , the data i need to match is in masterfile and i need to pull out column 3 from master if column 1 and 2 match and output entire row to new file I have tried with join and awk and i keep getting blank outputs or same file is there an easier way than what i am... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: axis88
4 Replies
LOGFILE(1)							       mrtg								LOGFILE(1)

NAME
logfile - description of the mrtg-2 logfile format SYNOPSIS
This document provides a description of the contents of the mrtg-2 logfile. OVERVIEW
The logfile consists of two main sections. A very short one at the beginning: The first Line It stores the traffic counters from the most recent run of mrtg The rest of the File Stores past traffic rate averates and maxima at increassing intervals The first number on each line is a unix time stamp. It represents the number of seconds since 1970. DETAILS
The first Line The first line has 3 numbers which are: A (1st column) A timestamp of when MRTG last ran for this interface. The timestamp is the number of non-skip seconds passed since the standard UNIX "epoch" of midnight on 1st of January 1970 GMT. B (2nd column) The "incoming bytes counter" value. C (3rd column) The "outgoing bytes counter" value. The rest of the File The second and remaining lines of the file 5 numbers which are: A (1st column) The Unix timestamp for the point in time the data on this line is relevant. Note that the interval between timestamps increases as you prograss through the file. At first it is 5 minutes and at the end it is one day between two lines. This timestamp may be converted in EXCEL by using the following formula: =(x+y)/86400+DATE(1970,1,1) you can also ask perl to help by typing perl -e 'print scalar localtime(x)," "' x is the unix timestamp and y is the offset in seconds from UTC. (Perl knows y). B (2nd column) The average incoming transfer rate in bytes per second. This is valid for the time between the A value of the current line and the A value of the previous line. C (3rd column) The average outgoing transfer rate in bytes per second since the previous measurement. D (4th column) The maximum incoming transfer rate in bytes per second for the current interval. This is calculated from all the updates which have occured in the current interval. If the current interval is 1 hour, and updates have occured every 5 minutes, it will be the biggest 5 minute transferrate seen during the hour. E (5th column) The maximum outgoing transfer rate in bytes per second for the current interval. AUTHOR
Butch Kemper <kemper@bihs.net> and Tobias Oetiker <oetiker@ee.ethz.ch> 3rd Berkeley Distribution 2.9.17 LOGFILE(1)