Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Calculate the performance of employee Post 303037630 by wisecracker on Thursday 8th of August 2019 08:33:33 AM
Old 08-08-2019
Hi rohit_shinez:

IMHO I don't think you will be able to better Python for your use here, of which your version is 2.x.x.
It might be a better bet to translate to Python 3.x.x, (currently 3.7.x stable).

Apart from Awk, inline floating point arithmetic is not quickly and easily possible without external utilities, such as Python, Perl, bc, etc, using most UNIX shells.
And even the shells that have FP, (ksh and zsh for example), make for shell lock-in, so portability is not at all easy.

Having written that, so long as the utilities are available in all users cases then a POSIX version might be translatable from your code...

/Me thinks I will have a go...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bc calculate problem

Hi , this is the first time i use bc to calculate and i would have decimal result , i use the following : toto=400;scale=1 echo $toto / 1000|bc scale to adjust the numbers after the command would have in this case 0.4 as result and i wonder why i have always 0 as result. Somebody can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nicol
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

calculate output

I was wondering can anyone give me a clue how to start script which would do the following: I have 2 numbers as input for example: 100 and 1000 and I need to create file and in that file should be written 100 - 199 200 - 299 300 - 399 400 - 499 500 - 599 600 - 699 700 - 799... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amon
3 Replies

3. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Announcing collectl - new performance linux performance monitor

About 4 years ago I wrote this tool inspired by Rob Urban's collect tool for DEC's Tru64 Unix. What makes this tool as different as collect was in its day is its ability to run at a low overhead and collect tons of stuff. I've expanded the general concept and even include data not available in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MarkSeger
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

calculate the space

Hi everyone, I need to write a script to calculate the space for sub-folders under /home: Here is the scanrio: cd /home drwxr-xr-x 57 root root 8192 Jan 22 16:13 home_1 drwxrwxrwx 69 root root 8192 Jan 29 10:36 home_2 drwxr-xr-x 97 root root 8192 Nov... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: za_7565
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i calculate percentage ??

i have 3 files like total.dat=18 equal.dat=14 notequal.dat=16 i need find the equal percentange means: equalpercentage = ($equal.dat / $total.dat * 100) How i can do this ? I tried some of the answers to calculate the percentage in this forums.but it couldn't worked.Some one please... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobprabhu
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How To Calculate

I have 2 variables in my shell scripts in which i am using awk and calculating 2 files and getting 2 different variable called in_total and out_total. I want to subtract one variable from another so plz tell me how i can do that. Example is: cat in_file | awk -F: '{ in_total += $1 * 86400... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna_sicsr
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate age of a file | calculate time difference

Hello, I'm trying to create a shell script (#!/bin/sh) which should tell me the age of a file in minutes... I have a process, which delivers me all 15 minutes a new file and I want to have a monitoring script, which sends me an email, if the present file is older than 20 minutes. To do... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: worm
10 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calculate

i have file input abcedef|wert|13|03|10|04|23|A1|13|05|01|09|31 fsdasdf|ferg|12|04|25|21|21|A1|13|02|26|20|31 dfsfsad|gerg|12|04|25|21|21|A1|13|02|25|25|31 i expect the output abcedef|wert|13|03|10|04|23|A1|13|05|01|09|31|9.516666667... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: radius
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Employee records

If there are 2 records for an Employee, How can I choose the one with eff_status = ‘Active' and ignore the eff_status ='Terminated'. if there is only one record, then just write that record regardless of the eff_status. Please assist. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Harimalyala
1 Replies
cpc_enable(3CPC)														  cpc_enable(3CPC)

NAME
cpc_enable, cpc_disable - enable and disable performance counters SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lcpc [ library... ] #include <libcpc.h> int cpc_enable(cpc_t *cpc); int cpc_disable(cpc_t *cpc); In certain applications, it can be useful to explicitly enable and disable performance counters at different times so that the performance of a critical algorithm can be examined. The cpc_enable() and cpc_disable() functions can be used to enable and disable the performance counters without otherwise disturbing the invoking LWP's performance hardware configuration. Upon successful completion, cpc_enable() and cpc_disable() return 0. Otherwise, they return -1 and set errno to indicate the error. These functions will fail if: EAGAIN The associated performance counter context has been invalidated by another process. EINVAL No performance counter context has been created for the calling LWP. Example 1: Use cpc_enable and cpc_disable to minimize code needed by application. In the following example, the cpc_enable() and cpc_disable() functions are used to minimize the amount of code that needs to be added to the application. The cputrack(1) command can be used in conjunction with these functions to provide event programming, sampling, and reporting facilities. If the application is instrumented in this way and then started by cputrack with the nouser flag set in the event specification, counting of user events will only be enabled around the critical code section of interest. If the program is run normally, no harm will ensue. int main(int argc, char *argv[]) { cpc_t *cpc = cpc_open(CPC_VER_CURRENT); /* ... application code ... */ if (cpc != NULL) (void) cpc_enable(cpc); /* ==> Code to be measured goes here <== */ if (cpc != NULL) (void) cpc_disable(cpc); /* ... other application code */ } See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ cputrack(1), cpc(3CPC), cpc_open(3CPC), libcpc(3LIB), attributes(5) 31 Jan 2005 cpc_enable(3CPC)