Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Screen Output Needed on every execution Post 303037608 by rdrtx1 on Wednesday 7th of August 2019 04:08:26 PM
Old 08-07-2019
Code:
sh test.sh | tee "Dev1_$(whoami)_$(date +"%Y%m%d_%H%M%S").log"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

screen output

I need to put the following in a script: echo $CCPDB will give me the db name on the screen. I need to use this name to tar cvfEh <newtarname> <dbname.exp>. I am not sure how to use the output that display on the screen in a script. I tried this echo $CCPDB > file didn't work Gundu (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gundu
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Turn off Screen Output

Is there a way to turn off standard output while processing is going on? I have tried redirecting to /dev/null but that is not working because some of the commands invoke a profile. I would like to temporarily turn off the screen output until the processing is complete. Sort of like a splash... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bestbuyernc
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

no screen output

I'm a newbie. I'm having a problem at work with a script. What i'm trying to do is connect to a cisco switch from a sun station. After i run the script and telnet into the switch i don't get any output on the "xterm window" and all my commands from the script don't show up on the screen or on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisher115
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Suppressing output to the screen

I want to check whether the variable read from the console is number or character , so i used echo $option|grep and checked the reuslt returned by grep cmd using $? But since I use echo the value is getting printed in the screen , I want to supress the o/p. Can anyone suggest how this can be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rolex.mp
1 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

screen saver in UNIX~~~~~~HELP NEEDED

One of my Sun Box running SUNOS 4.1.3_U1, the screen saver in turn on. if there anyway to disable the screen saver? Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AirWalker83
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Screen output

Is it possible to split the screen and show, lets say a local directory listing on the left and a remote directory listing on the right with shell scripting? I know it's usually done with curses/ncurses, but I'd really like to keep it simple as possible. I guess 'dialog' command could do it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lochraven
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Execution Help Needed

Hi guys i have a script (takeconsole) as following I have moved it to /usr/local/bin to make the execution of script simpler. below are the content of the file. When i run the file by typing "takeconsole" .it always ask for entering the IP address but when i run it by using ". takeconsole".... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh execution help needed.

I m writing a program to execute remote script . (display remote file content) Whenever i execute following statement it gives me an error. $command="cat /root/vm.cfg" ssh -ttq root@10.180.8.236 $command However following script work find. ssh -ttq root@10.180.8.236 cat /root/vm.cfg ... (8 Replies)
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script execution help needed.

I m using multiple scripts which are running on one master computer(server) and fetching records from another computers(client). For example. Machine A running scripts to execute code on Client machines say Machine B ,Machine C and Machine D respectively. Output of the script is then... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

10. Programming

Help needed to Spawn Shell on Python and Continue Execution

def gob(url): print "\n\t Running gobuster on target." params = " -e -s '307,200,204,301,302' -t 20 -u " + url + " >> /tmp/%s/gobuster.txt" % (ip) os.system("xterm -e bash -c "tail -f /tmp/%/gobuster.txt"") for i in bflist: dirbf = "gobuster -w " + i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
3 Replies
Log::Handler::Output::Screen(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			 Log::Handler::Output::Screen(3pm)

NAME
Log::Handler::Output::Screen - Log messages to the screen. SYNOPSIS
use Log::Handler::Output::Screen; my $screen = Log::Handler::Output::Screen->new( log_to => "STDERR", dump => 1, ); $screen->log($message); DESCRIPTION
This output module makes it possible to log messages to your screen. METHODS
new() Call "new()" to create a new Log::Handler::Output::Screen object. The following options are possible: log_to Where do you want to log? Possible is: STDOUT, STDERR and WARN. WARN means to call "warn()". The default is STDOUT. dump Set this option to 1 if you want that the message will be dumped with "Data::Dumper" to the screen. log() Call "log()" if you want to log a message to the screen. Example: $screen->log("this message goes to the screen"); validate() Validate a configuration. reload() Reload with a new configuration. errstr() This function returns the last error message. PREREQUISITES
Data::Dumper Params::Validate EXPORTS
No exports. REPORT BUGS
Please report all bugs to <jschulz.cpan(at)bloonix.de>. If you send me a mail then add Log::Handler into the subject. AUTHOR
Jonny Schulz <jschulz.cpan(at)bloonix.de>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2007-2009 by Jonny Schulz. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-11-21 Log::Handler::Output::Screen(3pm)