Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help need command please
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Help need command please Post 303037526 by jim mcnamara on Sunday 4th of August 2019 09:09:40 AM
Old 08-04-2019
What OS are you on? If linux there is a command to do this - seq start increment finish

Code:
seq 15.1 .1 15.7

These 3 Users Gave Thanks to jim mcnamara For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

inconsistent ls command display at the command prompt & running as a cron job

Sir, I using the following commands in a file (part of a bigger script): #!/bin/bash cd /opt/oracle/bin ls -lt | tail -1 | awk '{print $6}' >> /tmp/ramb.out If I run this from the command prompt the result is: 2007-05-16 if I run it as a cron job then... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajranibl
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

assign a command line argument and a unix command to awk variables

Hi , I have a piece of code ...wherein I need to assign the following ... 1) A command line argument to a variable e.g origCount=ARGV 2) A unix command to a variable e.g result=`wc -l testFile.txt` in my awk shell script When I do this : print "origCount" origCount --> I get the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sweta_doshi
0 Replies

3. AIX

AIX:Command to get netaddress/subnet address command in IPv4/IP6

AIX:Command to get netaddress/subnet address command in IPv4/IP6 Can anybody help us with a command to retrieve netaddress/subnet address command in IPv4/IP6 on aix machine. net/subnet address is in the format 172.16.212.0(signifies all 255 machines in an IPv4 network) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rookie8278
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help! command working ok when executed in command line, but fails when run inside a script!

Hi everyone, when executing this command in unix: echo "WM7 Fatal Alerts:", $(cat query1.txt) > a.csvIt works fine, but running this command in a shell script gives an error saying that there's a syntax error. here is content of my script: tdbsrvr$ vi hc.sh "hc.sh" 22 lines, 509... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 4dirk1
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unix command : how to insert text at the cursor location via command line?

Hi, Well my title isn't very clear I think. So to understand my goal: I have a script "test1" #!/bin/bash xvkbd -text blabla with xbindkeys, I bind F5 key in order it runs my test1 script So when I press F5, test1 runs. I'm under Emacs/Vi and I press F5 in order to have "blabla" be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xib.be
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passing command output from one command to the next command in cshell

HI Guys, I hope you are well. I am trying to write a script that gets executed every time i open a shell (cshell). I have two questions about that 1) I need to enter these commands $ echo $DISPLAY $ setenv $DISPLAY output_of_echo_$display_command How can i write a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaaliakahn
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SH script, variable built command fails, but works at command line

I am working with a sh script on a solaris 9 zone (sol 10 host) that grabs information to build the configuration command line. the variables Build64, SSLopt, CONFIGopt, and CC are populated in the script. the script includes CC=`which gcc` CONFIGopt=' --prefix=/ --exec-prefix=/usr... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: oly_r
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple command execution inside awk command during xml parsing

below is the output xml string from some other command and i will be parsing it using awk cat /tmp/alerts.xml <Alert id="10102" name="APP-DS-ds_ha-140018-componentFailure-S" alertDefinitionId="13982" resourceId="11427" ctime="1359453507621" fixed="false" reason="If Event/Log Level(ANY) and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

9. AIX

I'm facing problem with rpm command, when running the command and appears this error:

exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program /usr/opt/freeware/bin/rpm because of the following errors: 0509-022 Cannot load module /opt/freeware/lib/libintl.a(libintl.so.1). 0509-150 Dependent module /opt/freeware/lib/libiconv.a(shr4.o) could not be loaded. 0509-152 Member... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ohmkar
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Another one line command where I'd like to determine if Ubuntu or Red Hat when running command

Hello Forum, I'm making very good progress on my report thanks to the very helpful people on this forum. I've been able to successfully create my report for my Red Hat servers. But I do have a few ubuntu servers in the mix and I'd like to capture some data from them when an ssh connection is... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: greavette
8 Replies
TAP::Parser::Scheduler(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 TAP::Parser::Scheduler(3)

NAME
TAP::Parser::Scheduler - Schedule tests during parallel testing VERSION
Version 3.28 SYNOPSIS
use TAP::Parser::Scheduler; DESCRIPTION
METHODS
Class Methods "new" my $sched = TAP::Parser::Scheduler->new(tests => @tests); my $sched = TAP::Parser::Scheduler->new( tests => [ ['t/test_name.t','Test Description'], ... ], rules => \%rules, ); Given 'tests' and optional 'rules' as input, returns a new "TAP::Parser::Scheduler" object. Each member of @tests should be either a a test file name, or a two element arrayref, where the first element is a test file name, and the second element is a test description. By default, we'll use the test name as the description. The optional "rules" attribute provides direction on which tests should be run in parallel and which should be run sequentially. If no rule data structure is provided, a default data structure is used which makes every test eligible to be run in parallel: { par => '**' }, The rules data structure is documented more in the next section. Rules data structure The ""rules"" data structure is the the heart of the scheduler. It allows you to express simple rules like "run all tests in sequence" or "run all tests in parallel except these five tests.". However, the rules structure also supports glob-style pattern matching and recursive definitions, so you can also express arbitarily complicated patterns. The rule must only have one top level key: either 'par' for "parallel" or 'seq' for "sequence". Values must be either strings with possible glob-style matching, or arrayrefs of strings or hashrefs which follow this pattern recursively. Every element in an arrayref directly below a 'par' key is eligible to be run in parallel, while vavalues directly below a 'seq' key must be run in sequence. Rules examples Here are some examples: # All tests be run in parallel (the default rule) { par => '**' }, # Run all tests in sequence, except those starting with "p" { par => 't/p*.t' }, # Run all tests in parallel, except those starting with "p" { seq => [ { seq => 't/p*.t' }, { par => '**' }, ], } # Run some startup tests in sequence, then some parallel tests than some # teardown tests in sequence. { seq => [ { seq => 't/startup/*.t' }, { par => ['t/a/*.t','t/b/*.t','t/c/*.t'], } { seq => 't/shutdown/*.t' }, ], }, Rules resolution o By default, all tests are eligible to be run in parallel. Specifying any of your own rules removes this one. o "First match wins". The first rule that matches a test will be the one that applies. o Any test which does not match a rule will be run in sequence at the end of the run. o The existence of a rule does not imply selecting a test. You must still specify the tests to run. o Specifying a rule to allow tests to run in parallel does not make the run in parallel. You still need specify the number of parallel "jobs" in your Harness object. Glob-style pattern matching for rules We implement our own glob-style pattern matching. Here are the patterns it supports: ** is any number of characters, including /, within a pathname * is zero or more characters within a filename/directory name ? is exactly one character within a filename/directory name {foo,bar,baz} is any of foo, bar or baz. is an escape character Instance Methods "get_all" Get a list of all remaining tests. "get_job" Return the next available job as TAP::Parser::Scheduler::Job object or "undef" if none are available. Returns a TAP::Parser::Scheduler::Spinner if the scheduler still has pending jobs but none are available to run right now. "as_string" Return a human readable representation of the scheduling tree. For example: my @tests = (qw{ t/startup/foo.t t/shutdown/foo.t t/a/foo.t t/b/foo.t t/c/foo.t t/d/foo.t }); my $sched = TAP::Parser::Scheduler->new( tests => @tests, rules => { seq => [ { seq => 't/startup/*.t' }, { par => ['t/a/*.t','t/b/*.t','t/c/*.t'] }, { seq => 't/shutdown/*.t' }, ], }, ); Produces: par: seq: par: seq: par: seq: 't/startup/foo.t' par: seq: 't/a/foo.t' seq: 't/b/foo.t' seq: 't/c/foo.t' par: seq: 't/shutdown/foo.t' 't/d/foo.t' POD ERRORS
Hey! The above document had some coding errors, which are explained below: Around line 102: Unknown directive: =over4 Around line 104: '=item' outside of any '=over' perl v5.16.3 2013-05-02 TAP::Parser::Scheduler(3)