Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Search for columns with numbers greater than 70 Post 303037462 by Don Cragun on Thursday 1st of August 2019 10:28:19 PM
Old 08-01-2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdrtx1
Code:
awk '/dev/ && $5 ~ /[7-9][1-9]%/' infile

Hi rdrtx1,
Unfortunately, the above script won't match 80%, 90%, or 100%. One could use:
Code:
awk '/dev/ && $5 ~ /([7-9][1-9]|(8|9|10)0)%/' infile

but I find the suggestions provided by RavinderSingh13 and MadeInGermany easier to read.

I don't know of any versions of awk written since 1980 that won't accept $5+0 to strip off the trailing percent sign and then perform a numeric comparison (as required by the standards), but if you run into an awk that doesn't handle that correctly, MadeInGermany's approach will handle those cases while Ravinder's approach won't. I don't remember for sure whether or not the original awk written in the 1970's by Aho, Weinberg, and Kernighan handled this case or not; but I thought it did.
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to Don Cragun For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to perform calculations using numbers greater than 2150000000.

Could someone tell me how to perform calculations using numbers greater than 2150000000 in Korn Shell? When I tried to do it it gave me the wrong answer. e.g. I have a ksh file with the contents below: --------------------------------- #!/bin/ksh SUM=`expr 2150000000 + 2` PRODUCT=`expr... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevefox
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing numbers greater than 0 with 1

I have some ASCII files containing numerous numbers. What I'd like to do is replace all numbers greater than 0 with 1. Examples of the numbers include: - 000011 and 000042 Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vrms
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need a command to search for numbers greater than 3000

i have a file contains: 13213,A,300 3423,C,200 5563,A,201 3000,A,400 3000,A,402 3000,A,206 3000,A,303 3000,A,200 4233,N,204 i need to search for numbers in the first column are greater than 3000? i have another issue if you can help me? if i want to search in the second or the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: takyeldin
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Select the columns which have value greater than particular number

i have a file of the form 9488 14392 1 1.8586e-07 5702 7729 1 1.8586e-07 9048 14018 1 1.8586e-07 5992 12556 1 1.8586e-07 9488 14393 1 1.8586e-07 9048 14019 1 1.8586e-07 5992 12557 1 1.8586e-07 9488 14394 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vaibhavkorde
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

search column and delete row if greater than value

Hi, as the title states i need to find a way to search a column for values great than 1000, and if it is, then delete that row. An example 1 7.021 6.967 116.019 4 U 6.980E+07 0.000E+00 e 0 0 0 0 2 8.292 7.908 118.063 3 U 1.440E+07 0.000E+00 e 0 821 814 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: olifu02
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

search file for value greater than 'n' on each line and email

Hi, I need to write a script that will read each line of a CSV file, look for values greater than x seconds and email an alert. For the first part, I have one CSV per day, each line in the CSV has comma separated values. There are a total of 8 fields per line separated by commas. 6th and 7th... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssid
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search for numbers greater than x?

I have a file with multiple fields, example below File 1: Field 1|Field 2|Field 3|Field 4|Field 5|Field 6|Field 7|100 Field 1|Field 2|Field 3|Field 4|Field 5|Field 6|Field 7|101 Field 1|Field 2|Field 3|Field 4|Field 5|Field 6|Field 7|102 Field 1|Field 2|Field 3|Field 4|Field 5|Field... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: castrojc
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep lines with numbers greater than 2 digits at the end of the line

I'm trying to grep lines where the digits at the end of each line are greater than digits. Tried this but it will only allow me to specify 2 digits. Any ideas would greatly be appreciated. grep -i '\<\{3,4,5\}\>' file ---------- Post updated at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:41... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimmyf
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding (as in arithmetic) to numbers in columns in file, and writing new file with new numbers

Hi again. Sorry for all the questions — I've tried to do all this myself but I'm just not good enough yet, and the help I've received so far from bartus11 has been absolutely invaluable. Hopefully this will be the last bit of file manipulation I need to do. I have a file which is formatted as... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: crunchgargoyle
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate percentage of columns greater than certain value in a matrix using awk

This matrix represents correlation values. Is it possible to calculate the percentage of columns (a1, a2, a3) that have a value >= |0.5| and report the percentage that has positive correlation >0.5 and negative correlation <-0.5 separately. thanx in advance! input name a1 a2 a3... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
5 Replies
WWW::Search::Pagesjaunes(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     WWW::Search::Pagesjaunes(3pm)

NAME
WWW::Search::Pagesjaunes - Lookup phones numbers from www.pagesjaunes.fr SYNOPSIS
use WWW::Search::Pagesjaunes; my $pj = new WWW::Search::Pagesjaunes; $pj->find( activite => "Plombier", localite => "Paris" ); do { print $_->entry . " " foreach ($pj->results); } while $pj->has_more; DESCRIPTION
The WWW::Search::Pagesjaunes provides name, phone number and addresses of French telephone subscribers by using the <http://www.pagesjaunes.fr> directory. METHODS
Two classes are used in this module, a first one (WWW::Search::Pagesjaunes) to do the fetching and parsing, and the second one and a second one (WWW::Search::Pagesjaunes::Entry) holding the entry infos. Here are the methods for the main WWW::Search::Pagesjaunes module: new() The constructor accept an optional LWP::UserAgent as argument, if you want to provide your own. find( %request ) Here are the values for the %request hash that are understood. They each have two name, the first is the french one and the second is the english one: nom / name Name of the person you're looking for. activite / business Business type of the company you're looking for. Note that if this field is filled, the module searches in the yellow pages. localite / town Name of the town you're searching in. prenom / firstname First name of the person you're looking for. It is not set if you set the 'activite' field. departement / district Name or number of the Departement or Region you're searching in. results() Returns an array of WWW::Search::Pagesjaunes::Entry containing the first matches of the query. limit($max_number_of_entries) Set the maximum number of entries returned. Default to 50. has_more() If the query leads to more than a few results, the field has_more is set. You can then call the results() method again to fetch the datas. The WWW::Search::Pagesjaunes::Entry class has six methods: new($name, $address, $phone, $fax) Returns a new WWW::Search::Pagesjaunes::Entry. name Returns the name of the entry. address Returns the address of the entry. phone Returns the phone number of the entry. is_fax Returns true if the phone number is a fax one, false otherwise. Note that currently, this method always returns 0. entry($separator) Returns the concatenation of the name and the phone number, separated by " - ". You can specify your own separator as first argument. BUGS
The phone numbers are sometimes not correctly parsed, esp. when one entry has several phone numbers. If you found a bug and want to report it or send a patch, you are encouraged to use the CPAN Request Tracker interface: https://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/Dists.html?Queue=WWW-Search-Pagesjaunes <https://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/Dists.html?Queue=WWW-Search-Pagesjaunes> COPYRIGHT
Please read the Publisher information of <http://www.pagesjaunes.fr> available at the following URL: <http://www.pagesjaunes.fr/pj.cgi?html=commun/avertissement.html&lang=en> WWW::Search::Pagesjaunes is Copyright (C) 2002, Briac Pilpre This module is free software; you can redistribute it or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. AUTHOR
Briac Pilpre <briac@cpan.org> perl v5.12.4 2011-11-02 WWW::Search::Pagesjaunes(3pm)