Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers How i can place in a log file an automatic chrome opener? Post 303037395 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 31st of July 2019 10:37:36 AM
Old 07-31-2019
I'm not sure what you want - it looks like you want the default case to open the browser - default is the choice of the user.
Question: the user enters the number 3. The case statement will execute the code block for 3.
So, the user's choice gets taken correctly, correct?

If the user enters 67- which is not in the list - then the default case statement will execute. Right?
So what is your your request for default? I do not understand. You could add echo 'none of these' as a choice.
When the user selects 'none', then the case *) statement executes and you get the extra choice:
Code:
*)  echo "La tua scuola non รจ presente in lista"
    echo "enter your own choice"
    read mychoice
    chromium-browser   "$my_choice"
   ;;
esac

Plus some of your characters render as a British pound sign on my screen: (pound)INTERNET WEBSITE(pound) so I'm not sure what that means in your code....

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Automatic Log files to my E-mail.

Hi, I have 6 servers, I want to make a script to read the messages (/var/adm/messages) file daily in the morning and send it automatically to my E-mail address. Regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adel8483
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh - truncate a log in place, sed -i not available captain!

Hi there:) Because of security requirements, It would be much better if I could truncate my logs in place using sed -i (or ?). I cant use the -i option on sed in my environment. Can anyone help a DBA? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: quigley007
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

editing file in place

Is in Unix a tool that could do this: paste -d":" 'file1' 'file2' | special_save "file1" # so that file1 would be treated in a way that would prevent problems with race condition I know it normally doesn't work but is there any intelligent way how to avoid using temporary file? I know methods... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: MartyIX
6 Replies

4. Solaris

What is the best way to copy data from place to another place?

Dear Gurus, I need you to advice or suggestion about the best solution to copy data around 200-300G from serverA(location A) to serverB(location B). Normally, I will share folder and then copy but it takes too long time(about 2 days). Do you have any suggestion or which way should be... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: unitipon
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing default PDF opener

Hi, I want to open a pdf file in my PCLinuxOS, but when I click on the PDF file to open it, a message box prompts asking for Open With : KGhostView ; Save File....etc. So the default pdf genereator to open is set to KGhostView. How do I change the default to KPdf, another pdf generator.. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read from file specific place in file using inode

Hello, I am using tcsh on AIX. I would like to write a script that does the following: 1. given an inode, how do I find exactly the name of the file? I know I could do this using ls -i | grep <inode> but it returns: <inode> <filename>. I need some string manipulation or something to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lastZenMaster
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automatic Email of Log Files in OSX

Hi, I am trying to write a shell script that will take the log files from a single folder (all ending with .log), put them into an archive, use something to encrypt the file, and then emailx to email the resulting encrypted archive to me. Of course, I am open to suggestions on how to improve... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DotNaBox
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check file availability and place flag file

I have to check a directory on Linux (via shell Script which I am trying to build) for about 20 different source files with file patterns and if the files are made available in the directory, I should place flag files for which my other ETL jobs are waiting on to kick off. If the source files are... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a file in all directories and place the file in that directory

Hi All, Daily I am getting the updated file. I have to search for this file in all directories and sub directories. If the file existed in a particular directory then move this updated file to that particular directory. If the file is not existed in any of the directories then place this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROCK_PLSQL
4 Replies
grablogs.conf(4)						   File Formats 						  grablogs.conf(4)

NAME
grablogs.conf - grablogs configuration for libgrablogs.so of the plugins of gnome-system-log file SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/gnome-system-log/plugins/grablogs.conf DESCRIPTION
The libgrablogs.so is a plugin for gnome-system-log(1), it colloct the log files from the system as many as possible. grablogs.conf is a configuration file that contains a set of lines mixed with sh(1) syntax codes and individual log files. libgrablogs.so will read the file try to get a log files list for gnome-system-log(1). Users can copy the file into $HOME/.gnome2/gnome-system-log/plugins/`uname -p` to overwrite the system default one. The grablogs.conf file contains the following configuration categories: [configs] Each line under this category is interpreted as a config file of System. The plugin will open the config file and try to find all system paths of the logs. [commands] Each line under this category is interpreted as a shell command and will be execute through a pipe. And each line of the out- put of the command will be interpreted as a log path. [logs] Each line under this category is interpreted as a log path. FILES
/usr/lib/gnome-system-log/plugins/grablogs.conf The system default configuration file for the plugin libgrablogs.so $HOME/.gnome2/gnome-system-log/plugins/`uname -p`/grablogs.conf The user specific configuration file for the plugin libgrablogs.so EMAMPLE
[configs] /etc/syslog.conf [commands] for i in `svcs -aH -o FMRI | grep -v lrc `; do svcprop -p restarter/logfile $i 2>/dev/null || svcprop -q -p restarter/alt_logfile $i 2>/dev/null ; done [logs] /var/log/messages /var/log/secure /var/log/maillog /var/log/cron /var/log/Xorg.0.log /var/log/XFree86.0.log /var/log/auth.log /var/log/cups/error_log SEE ALSO
gnome-system-log(1), pipelog.conf(1) gnome-utils 2.16.0 13 Oct 2006 grablogs.conf(4)