Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Replace Stub Values In One Group Of Files With Actual Values From Another Group Of Files Post 303037316 by rdrtx1 on Monday 29th of July 2019 05:18:04 PM
Old 07-29-2019
Code:
for i in new-config-files/*/*                  # for list of files under new directory/subdirectory
do
   [[ -f ${i/new/old} ]] && {                                     # if same file name exists under new and old directories
      awk -F\' '                                                           # use awk with ' as field delimeter
      NR==FNR {val[$4]=$6; next}                       #  for first file read (old) store field 6 in var array stub key name (field 4)
      length(val[$4]) {$6=val[$4]}                        #  for second file read replace field 6 stored for the stub name if it exists
      1                                                                          # print line
      ' ${i/new/old} OFS=\' $i > $i.tmp                  # open old file new file (with ' as delimiter) redirect output to file with tmp extension
      mv -f $i.tmp $i                                                # move tmp extension file name to original file name (clobbers file)
   }
done

# end loop

note: make a couple of test directories to test.

Last edited by rdrtx1; 07-29-2019 at 08:30 PM.. Reason: added comments for explanation.
This User Gave Thanks to rdrtx1 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find all files with group read OR group write OR user write permission

I need to find all the files that have group Read or Write permission or files that have user write permission. This is what I have so far: find . -exec ls -l {} \; | awk '/-...rw..w./ {print $1 " " $3 " " $4 " " $9}' It shows me all files where group read = true, group write = true... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shunter63
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: Summing values with group criteria

Hi Guys, I have a text file with ";" like separator F1;F2;F3;F4;F5 444;100041;IT;GLOB;1800000000 444;100041;TM;GLOB;1000000000 444;10300264;IT;GLOB;2000000000 444;10300264;IT;GLOB;2500000000 I have to sum the cullums F5 for same F2 and F3 collums The result must be: ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gianluca2
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

search file and group values with problematic tab

hi people; the similar topic is being opened in here and here but i have confused with following condition. so i wanted to open a seperate topic. from my file.txt:... ... ... 110105-16:04:04 192.168.1.1 7.1j Port_NODE_MODEL_M_1_8 stopfile=/tmp/10544... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gc_sw
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print lines containing same values in a group

Hi, I have a table like this: Name A1 A2 A3 B1 B2 B3 111 abc abc abc cbc cbc cbc 222 acv acv n_n bbc bbc bbc 333 bvv bvv bvv cBx ccx ccx 444 ttk ttk ttk kke kke kke 555 mcr mcr mcr mcr mcr mcr The 1st column is just names... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: polsum
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare values in two files. For matching rows print corresponding values from File 1 in File2.

- I have two files (File 1 and File 2) and the contents of the files are mentioned below. - I am trying to compare the values of Column1 of File1 with Column1 of File2. If a match is found, print the corresponding value from Column2 of File1 in Column5 of File2. - I tried to modify and use... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Santoshbn
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sum up the column values group by using some field

12-11-2012,PNL,158406 12-11-2012,RISK,4564 12-11-2012,VAR_1D,310101 12-11-2012,VAR_10D,310101 12-11-2012,CB,866 12-11-2012,STR_VAR_1D,298494 12-11-2012,STR_VAR_10D,309623 09-11-2012,PNL,1024106 09-11-2012,RISK,4565 09-11-2012,VAR_1D,317211 09-11-2012,VAR_10D,317211 09-11-2012,CB,985... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add the values in second and third columns with group by on first column.

Hi All, I have a pipe seperated file. I need to add the values in second and third columns with group by on first column. MYFILE_28012012_1115|47|173.90 MYFILE_28012012_1115|4|0.00 MYFILE_28012012_1115|6|22.20 MYFILE_28012012_1116|47|173.90 MYFILE_28012012_1116|4|0.00... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query the table and return values to shell script and search result values from another files.

Hi, I need a shell script, which would search the result values from another files. 1)execute " select column1 from table_name" query on the table. 2)Based on the result, need to be grep from .wft files. could please explain about this.Below is the way i am using. #!/bin/sh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rami Reddy
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace two values in a file with input from two different files

Hi, I was having the following issue cat input hello1, my name is unix.com. I am awesome. Hope you know this, hello2! cat hello1.txt Hi Friends Hi Folks Hi Well-Wishers cat hello2.txt Honey Sweety Darling Required Output (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace values between 2 files

I want to replace the third and fourth lines of a 2nd file by the first two lines of a file. Input: file_1 file_1.line_1 file_1.line_2 file_2 file_2.line_1 <file_2.line_2_blank> file_2.line_3 file2.line_4 <file_2.line_5_blank> Output: file_2.line1 <file_2.line_2_blank>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arpagon
1 Replies
NAMESPACE.CONF(5)						 Linux-PAM Manual						 NAMESPACE.CONF(5)

NAME
namespace.conf - the namespace configuration file DESCRIPTION
The pam_namespace.so module allows setup of private namespaces with polyinstantiated directories. Directories can be polyinstantiated based on user name or, in the case of SELinux, user name, sensitivity level or complete security context. If an executable script /etc/security/namespace.init exists, it is used to initialize the namespace every time an instance directory is set up and mounted. The script receives the polyinstantiated directory path and the instance directory path as its arguments. The /etc/security/namespace.conf file specifies which directories are polyinstantiated, how they are polyinstantiated, how instance directories would be named, and any users for whom polyinstantiation would not be performed. When someone logs in, the file namespace.conf is scanned. Comments are marked by # characters. Each non comment line represents one polyinstantiated directory. The fields are separated by spaces but can be quoted by " characters also escape sequences , , and are recognized. The fields are as follows: polydir instance_prefix method list_of_uids The first field, polydir, is the absolute pathname of the directory to polyinstantiate. The special string $HOME is replaced with the user's home directory, and $USER with the username. This field cannot be blank. The second field, instance_prefix is the string prefix used to build the pathname for the instantiation of <polydir>. Depending on the polyinstantiation method it is then appended with "instance differentiation string" to generate the final instance directory path. This directory is created if it did not exist already, and is then bind mounted on the <polydir> to provide an instance of <polydir> based on the <method> column. The special string $HOME is replaced with the user's home directory, and $USER with the username. This field cannot be blank. The third field, method, is the method used for polyinstantiation. It can take these values; "user" for polyinstantiation based on user name, "level" for polyinstantiation based on process MLS level and user name, "context" for polyinstantiation based on process security context and user name, "tmpfs" for mounting tmpfs filesystem as an instance dir, and "tmpdir" for creating temporary directory as an instance dir which is removed when the user's session is closed. Methods "context" and "level" are only available with SELinux. This field cannot be blank. The fourth field, list_of_uids, is a comma separated list of user names for whom the polyinstantiation is not performed. If left blank, polyinstantiation will be performed for all users. If the list is preceded with a single "~" character, polyinstantiation is performed only for users in the list. The method field can contain also following optional flags separated by : characters. create=mode,owner,group - create the polyinstantiated directory. The mode, owner and group parameters are optional. The default for mode is determined by umask, the default owner is the user whose session is opened, the default group is the primary group of the user. iscript=path - path to the instance directory init script. The base directory for relative paths is /etc/security/namespace.d. noinit - instance directory init script will not be executed. shared - the instance directories for "context" and "level" methods will not contain the user name and will be shared among all users. The directory where polyinstantiated instances are to be created, must exist and must have, by default, the mode of 0000. The requirement that the instance parent be of mode 0000 can be overridden with the command line option ignore_instance_parent_mode In case of context or level polyinstantiation the SELinux context which is used for polyinstantiation is the context used for executing a new process as obtained by getexeccon. This context must be set by the calling application or pam_selinux.so module. If this context is not set the polyinstatiation will be based just on user name. The "instance differentiation string" is <user name> for "user" method and <user name>_<raw directory context> for "context" and "level" methods. If the whole string is too long the end of it is replaced with md5sum of itself. Also when command line option gen_hash is used the whole string is replaced with md5sum of itself. EXAMPLES
These are some example lines which might be specified in /etc/security/namespace.conf. # The following three lines will polyinstantiate /tmp, # /var/tmp and user's home directories. /tmp and /var/tmp # will be polyinstantiated based on the security level # as well as user name, whereas home directory will be # polyinstantiated based on the full security context and user name. # Polyinstantiation will not be performed for user root # and adm for directories /tmp and /var/tmp, whereas home # directories will be polyinstantiated for all users. # # Note that instance directories do not have to reside inside # the polyinstantiated directory. In the examples below, # instances of /tmp will be created in /tmp-inst directory, # where as instances of /var/tmp and users home directories # will reside within the directories that are being # polyinstantiated. # /tmp /tmp-inst/ level root,adm /var/tmp /var/tmp/tmp-inst/ level root,adm $HOME $HOME/$USER.inst/inst- context For the <service>s you need polyinstantiation (login for example) put the following line in /etc/pam.d/<service> as the last line for session group: session required pam_namespace.so [arguments] This module also depends on pam_selinux.so setting the context. SEE ALSO
pam_namespace(8), pam.d(5), pam(7) AUTHORS
The namespace.conf manual page was written by Janak Desai <janak@us.ibm.com>. More features added by Tomas Mraz <tmraz@redhat.com>. Linux-PAM Manual 06/04/2011 NAMESPACE.CONF(5)