Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers [Tip] Housekeeping Tasks Made Easy - User Home directories and Leftover Files Post 303037285 by Neo on Monday 29th of July 2019 06:19:49 AM
Old 07-29-2019
I run a similar, but different, script like this to scan an enter web file system and check ownership and permissions of each file and directory in that part of the filesystem, as a security measure.

When filesystems are secure, it is difficult for malicious code from the web to write to the file system using flaws in the web code.
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Batch delete specific folder from user home directories

Hi! Need your help. How can I delete the cache folder of multiple user home directories via automatically executed shell script on a Mac OS X Server? Example: The userdata are stored on a Xsan Volume like this: /Volumes/Xsan/userdata/mike /Volumes/Xsan/userdata/peter... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nipodrom
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to verify all user home directories are writable only by their owner

Hi, I'm currently working on my school assignment on how to verify that all user home directories are writable only by their owner on Solaris with VMware. But I'm not sure why my codes take a very long time to display the results. My friend says it's the `su - $i -c "ls -ld" 2> /dev/null | grep... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NuuBe
1 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to verify all user home directories are writable only by their owner

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Need to verify that all user home directories are writable only by their owner on Solaris. The script posted below is workable but it is taking a long time to display the results, and I don't seem to be able to fix it or find any... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: NuuBe
6 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

i made this tasks. and i need some explenation or just remake my code.

Hello i hope this post is ok! and i hope that i get the point of rules :) i made this tasks by my self but few of them arent working.. and i dont know why!? u think u could help me? to give me some reasons why dont they work.. and remake my code that will work? hope to get answer soon! ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: eclip
9 Replies

5. Solaris

How to unmount user home directories ??

I've allocated /exports for all user directories by making separate directories under /exports..... :rolleyes: now i need to unmount /exports . But i'm unable to do that.. How can i troubleshoot this issue. Thanks in advance:D (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

New user to own files made by root?

Hi, when I installed debian 8, all files are created and owned by root, when I add new user, for example marco, he can't create directory or change files created by root. I tried with ftp, permission denied. so, I am interested how to grant to user marco ownership of all files in the system so... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alanford
5 Replies
eurephiadm adminaccess(7)												 eurephiadm adminaccess(7)

NAME
eurephiadm-adminaccess - Access control for eurephia administration features DESCRIPTION
The eurephiadm adminaccess is used to grant eurephia users access to the different administration modules in eurephia. Available modes for the adminaccess command are: -G | --grant Grant a specific access level to a user -R | --revoke Revoke access levels -l | --list List all granted accesses -h | --help <mode> Help about a specific mode LIST MODE
The list mode will show the granted user access levels -i | --uid User account ID -u | --username User name -I | --interface Which interfaces to show (default "C") -a | --access-level Which access level to show GRANT MODE
The grant mode will grant a user access to a specified access level. -i | --uid User account ID -I | --interface Grant access through which interface (default "C") -a | --access-level Which access level to grant access to REVOKE MODE
The revoke mode will remove an access from the desired user accounts. -i | --uid User account ID -I | --interface Revoke access from interface (default "C") -a | --access-level Which access level to revoke access from ACCESS LEVELS
attempts This access level grants access to the eurephiadm attempts command. The attempts command can list, reset or delete login attempts records in the database. blacklist This is similar to the attempts access. It provides access to the eurphiadm blacklist command, where you can list, add or delete blacklisted usernames, certificate digests or IP addresses. certadmin This level is needed to use the eurephiadm certs command. This commands provides you access to list, add or delete certificate information which the eurephia plug-in will use during the authentication process. config This level grants access to the eurephiadm config and eurephiadm show-config commands. The latter command will list out both the eurephiadm config file and all configuration parameters in the database. The config command is used to set or delete configuration parameters in the database. fwprofiles This access level is needed to list, add or delete firewall profiles eurephia which may use. useradmin This provides access to the eurephiadm users and eurephiadm usercerts commands, which is used to create or delete user accounts and link the user accounts together with a certificate and a firewall access profile. SEE ALSO
eurephiadm(7) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 2008-2010 David Sommerseth <dazo@users.sourceforge.net> David Sommerseth July 2010 eurephiadm adminaccess(7)