Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Need some help regarding file transfer between server (sftp/scp) Post 303037278 by abhi_123 on Monday 29th of July 2019 03:15:17 AM
Old 07-29-2019
Need some help regarding file transfer between server (sftp/scp)

Hi All,

Need some help regarding file transfer between server.

Suppose we have system-A and system-B. To transfer file from system-A to system-B we usually share the
public keys of system-A to system-B and do scp/sftp to transfer a file.

Is it possible that public key of system-B can be shared to system-A, so that the system-A can establish connectivity to system-B via scp/sftp or using jdbc(java).? Is this even possible?

Thanks in advance.

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Corrected spelling mistakes.

Last edited by RavinderSingh13; 07-29-2019 at 06:39 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

CRLF during SFTP transfer is appearing only in one server

Hello. I have got 3 unix boxes A B C. Box A is being used to prepare some reports. After the reports generation, Box A sftp the reports to Box B and Box C. When I look at the report in Box B and Box C. The reports are different. In Box B, I see using od -x command there is CRLF (\r\n) at the end... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: panchpan
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Missing When Grabbing Files from SFTP Server using SCP Command

Hi, I have this problem where sometimes my files would go missing when I schedule my crontab to run the SCP command to get file from the SFTP server. My crontab will run the scripts at an interval of 3 minutes (between the two scripts) The following is the setting in my crontab. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gingervitus
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

scp or sftp to Window server

Dear Unix Gurus, I have a question to confirm before I proceed to script my program. I'm currently running on IBM AIX Ver 5.3. I just like to know if it's compatible to use scp or sftp between AIX and Wintel server? I'm trying to scp or sftp a file from AIX to Window server and I was... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lweegp
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

file transfer using scp..

Hi Frdz I have a problem like. I need to transfer a file from source to destination (different systems with different IPs) using "scp" command and before transfer the file i have to check the file is available in destination or not, if it is there no need to transfer, otherwise we have to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: KiranKumarKarre
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File transfer using SCP

I have a shell script which uses SCP command to transfer the files from one server to another server. The files are getting transferred successfully, but the problem is the files transferred to the destination server didnot have the permissions as that of the files on the source server. Command... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarm
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP to transfer files from one server to another

Hello, i have to write a script to perform sftp from the remote server to another server. the files which are at the remote location are huge data log files which should be transfered to my server in a particular folder. could you please provide me the general code (simple )... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: urfrnddpk
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using SFTP and FTP to transfer data from One Remote Server To Another

HI I need to write a script in 415univ server which should go to 534unix server and move the files from there to windows server. I am not able to get it bcoz sftp prompt is not allowing ftp command. Can some one plz help me Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: himakiran9
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transfer files from linux server to windows using secure ftp (sftp)

HI, I have to transfer files from linux server to windows using secure ftp (sftp) .Kindly help me out. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manushi88
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SCP File Transfer

I have 3 AIX server namely - Server 1 , Server 2 and Server 3. And have done SCP setup between Server 1 and Server 2 so that i dont have to give password when i transfer file from Server 1 to Server 2 by setting public key between the server. Q1. If the unix password of the target server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pash
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SCP File Transfer

On unix AIX server, when I am trying to transfer file from one directory to another directory on the same server through a program(where i call the script) it gives error "Lost Connection". (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pash
5 Replies
RSSH.CONF(5)							  Derek D. Martin						      RSSH.CONF(5)

NAME
/etc/rssh.conf - configuration file for rssh OVERVIEW
rssh.conf is the configuration file for rssh. It allows the system administrator to control the behavior of the shell. Configuration key- words are either used by themselves on a line, or followed by an equal sign ('=') and a configuration value. Comments start with a hash ('#') and can occur anywhere on the line. Configuration options are case insensitive. Spaces at the beginning or end of line, or between the equal sign and the configuration keywords or values are ignored. If the value of a configuration option contains spaces, it (or at least the space) must be enclosed in either single or double quotes. A default configuration file is provided with the source distribution of rssh. If the configuration file is missing or contains errors, ssh will lock out all users. If a config file is present, the default is to lock out users if no services have been explicitly allowed. New in v2.1 is the ability to configure options on a per-user basis, using the user keyword. More details are below. CONFIGURATION KEYWORDS
allowscp Tells the shell that scp is allowed. allowsftp Tells the shell that sftp is allowed. allowcvs Tells the shell that cvs is allowed. allowrdist Tells the shell that rdist is allowed. allowrsync Tells the shell that rsync is allowed. allowsvnserve Tells the shell that svnserve is allowed. umask Sets the umask value for file creations in the scp/sftp session. This is normally set at login time by the user's shell. In order not to use the system default, rssh must set the umask. logfacility Allows the system administrator to control what syslog facility rssh logs to. The facilities are the same as those used by sys- logd.conf(5), or the C macros for the facilities can be used instead. For example: logfacility=user logfacility=LOG_USER are equivalent, and tell rssh to use the user facility for logging to syslog. chrootpath Causes rssh (actually a helper program) to call the chroot() system call, changing the root of the file system to whatever directory is specified. Note that the value on the right hand side of the equal sign is the name of a directory, not a command. For example: chrootpath=/usr/chroot will change the root of the virtual file system to /usr/chroot, preventing the user from being able to access anything below /usr/chroot in the file system, and making /usr/chroot appear to be the root directory. Care must be taken to set up a proper chroot jail; see the file CHROOT in the rssh source distribution for hints about how to do this. See also the chroot(2) man page. If the user's home directory (as specified in /etc/passwd) is underneath the path specified by this keyword, then the user will be chdir'd into their home directory. If it is not, then they will be chdir'd to the root of the chroot jail. In other words, if the jail is /chroot, and your user's home directory is /chroot/home/user, then once rssh_chroot_helper changes the root of the system, it will cd into /home/user inside the jail. However, if your user's home directory is given as /home/user in /etc/passwd, then even if that directory exists in the jail, the chroot helper will not try to cd there. The user's normal home directory must live inside the jail for this to work. user The user keyword allows for the configuration of options on a per-user basis. THIS KEYWORD OVERRIDES ALL OTHER KEYWORDS FOR THE SPECIFIED USER. That is, if you use a user keyword for user foo, then foo will use only the settings in that user line, and not any of the settings set with the keywords above. The user keyword's argument consists of a group of fields separated by a colon (':'), as shown below. The fields are, in order: username The username of the user for whom the entry provides options umask The umask for this user, in octal, just as it would be specified to the shell access bits Six binary digits, which indicate whether the user is allowed to use rsync, rdist, cvs, sftp, scp and svnserve, in that order. One means the command is allowed, zero means it is not. path The directory to which this user should be chrooted (this is not a command, it is a directory name). See chroot_path above for complete details. For example, you might have something like this: user = luser:022:000010: This does the following: for the user with the username "luser", set the umask to 022, disallow sftp, and allow scp. Because there is no chroot path specified, the user will not be chrooted, regardless of default options set with the keywords above. If you wanted this user to be chrooted, you would need to specify the chroot path explicitly, even if it should be the same as that set using the chrootpath keyword. Remember that if there are spaces in the path, you need to quote it, something like this: user = "luser:022:000010:/usr/local/chroot dir" See the default rssh.conf file for more examples. SEE ALSO
rssh(1), sshd(8), ssh(1), scp(1), sftp(1), svnserve(8), syslogd.conf(5), chroot(2). man pages 7 Jul 2003 RSSH.CONF(5)