Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash script to add multiple resources to NFS pacemaker cluster Post 303037215 by hburnswell on Friday 26th of July 2019 12:12:51 AM
Old 07-26-2019
Thank you for the reply. Actually, I believe I described the desired command output poorly. In the snippet I posted, the 'exports' array would define the resources that I'd want to define:

Code:
declare -A exports
exports[${nfsenv}-${dirs[0]}-10.1]=${cs101}
exports[${nfsenv}-${dirs[1]}-10.91]=${cs1091}
exports[${nfsenv}-${dirs[2]}-10.1]=${cs101}
exports[${nfsenv}-${dirs[2]}-10.91]=${cs1091}

So the commands I'd want to run would be:

Code:
pcs resource create nfs-b2b-hg-media-10.1 exportfs clientspec=10.1.0.0/255.255.0.0 options=rw,sync,no_root_squash directory=/nfs/exports/media fsid=1 --group nfsgroup
pcs resource create nfs-b2b-hg-hotdrive-10.91 exportfs clientspec=10.91.0.0/255.255.0.0 options=rw,sync,no_root_squash directory=/nfs/exports/hotdrive fsid=2 --group nfsgroup
pcs resource create nfs-b2b-hg-images-10.1 exportfs clientspec=10.1.0.0/255.255.0.0 options=rw,sync,no_root_squash directory=/nfs/exports/images fsid=3 --group nfsgroup
pcs resource create nfs-b2b-hg-images-10.91 exportfs clientspec=10.91.0.0/255.255.0.0 options=rw,sync,no_root_squash directory=/nfs/exports/images fsid=3 --group nfsgroup

Notice the need to increment the 'fsid' based upon the exported directory (media=1, hotdrive=2, images=3). If a given directory is exported to multiple subnets, it will maintain the same 'fsid'.

I will test further and welcome any suggestions.

Thanks,

HB

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. High Performance Computing

cluster setup and nfs

hello, During the cluster installation, we are required to enter a cluster name. When this name is used? I have a shared disk between those 2 nodes. To test NFS failover, what should I do? PS: I am using VCS 5 thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script to rename multiple directories

Hello I have a directory structure with year in format 4 digits, e.g 2009, below which is month format 1 or 2 digits, e.g 1 or 12, blow which is day format 1 or 2 digits, e.g 1 or 31. I want to change the names of lots of directories to the be Year - 4 digits , e.g 2009 - No change here... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: garethsays
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple Variables for BASH script

Hello, I am new to the whole "scripting" thing. Below is the script that I have so far and where i need the Variables to go (VAR#) #!/bin/bash #Sample Script VAR1= echo "Choose an option: 1) Create a file. 2) Delete a file. 3) Move a file." read VAR1 case $VAR1 in 1) echo "Pick... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eclerget
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to copy timestamps of multiple files

Hi, I have a bunch of media files in a directory that have been converted (from MTS to MOV format), so my directory contains something like this: clip1.mts clip1.mov clip2.mts clip2.mov The problem is that the .mov files that have been created have the timestamps of the conversion task,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krakus
2 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

NFS service not started in Redhat Cluster

Hi All, Need your help to resolve below error in cluter. Sep 9 05:37:30 node2 rgmanager: Starting disabled service service:Prod_Service Sep 9 05:37:30 node2 rgmanager: HA LVM: Improper setup detected Sep 9 05:37:30 node2 rgmanager: * initrd image needs to be newer than lvm.conf... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitinredekar
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mount NFS Share On NFS Client via bash script.

I need a help of good people with effective bash script to mount nfs shared, By the way I did the searches, since i haven't found that someone wrote a script like this in the past, I'm sure it will serve more people. The scenario as follow: An NFS Client with Daily CRON , running bash script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brian.t
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop through multiple files in bash script

Hi Everybody, I'm a newbie to shell scripting, and I'd appreciate some help. I have a bunch of .txt files that have some unwanted content. I want to remove lines 1-3 and 1028-1098. #!/bin/bash for '*.txt' in <path to folder> do sed '1,3 d' "$f"; sed '1028,1098 d' "$f"; done I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BabyNuke
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

PaceMaker Cluster Fence Device

I have 2 VM's setup with a shared VMware disk running RHEL 7.1 (just updated to 7.2 with yum update), and would like to know what is the easiest Fence device to implement for testing purposes. Apparently, I need a fence device before my IP resources will come online. I have the cluster... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
1 Replies
OCF_HEARTBEAT_EXPORT(7) 					OCF resource agents					   OCF_HEARTBEAT_EXPORT(7)

NAME
ocf_heartbeat_exportfs - Manages NFS exports SYNOPSIS
exportfs [start | stop | monitor | meta-data | validate-all] DESCRIPTION
Exportfs uses the exportfs command to add/remove nfs exports. It does NOT manage the nfs server daemon. It depends on Linux specific NFS implementation details, so is considered not portable to other platforms yet. SUPPORTED PARAMETERS
clientspec The client specification allowing remote machines to mount the directory over NFS. (required, string, no default) options The options to pass to exportfs for the exported directory. (optional, string, no default) directory The directory which you wish to export using NFS. (required, string, no default) fsid The fsid option to pass to exportfs. This can be a unique positive integer, a UUID, or the special string "root" which is functionally identical to numeric fsid of 0. 0 (root) identifies the export as the root of an NFSv4 pseudofilesystem -- avoid this setting unless you understand its special status. This value will override any fsid provided via the options parameter. (unique, required, string, no default) unlock_on_stop Relinquish NFS locks associated with this filesystem when the resource stops. Enabling this parameter is highly recommended unless the path exported by this exportfs resource is also exported by a different resource. (optional, boolean, default 0) wait_for_leasetime_on_stop When stopping (unexporting), wait out the NFSv4 lease time. Only after all leases have expired does the NFS kernel server relinquish all server-side handles on the exported filesystem. If this exportfs resource manages an export that resides on a mount point designed to fail over along with the NFS export itself, then enabling this parameter will ensure such failover is working properly. Note that when this parameter is set, your stop timeout MUST accommodate for the wait period. This parameter is safe to disable if none of your NFS clients are using NFS version 4 or later. (optional, boolean, default 0) rmtab_backup Back up those entries from the NFS rmtab that apply to the exported directory, to the specified backup file. The filename is interpreted as relative to the exported directory. This backup is required if clients are connecting to the export via NFSv3 over TCP. Note that a configured monitor operation is required for this functionality. To disable rmtab backups, set this parameter to the special string "none". (optional, string, default ".rmtab") SUPPORTED ACTIONS
This resource agent supports the following actions (operations): start Starts the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 40. stop Stops the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 10. monitor Performs a detailed status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 20. Suggested interval: 10. meta-data Retrieves resource agent metadata (internal use only). Suggested minimum timeout: 5. validate-all Performs a validation of the resource configuration. Suggested minimum timeout: 30. EXAMPLE
The following is an example configuration for a exportfs resource using the crm(8) shell: primitive p_exportfs ocf:heartbeat:exportfs params clientspec=string directory=string fsid=string op monitor depth="0" timeout="20" interval="10" SEE ALSO
http://www.linux-ha.org/wiki/exportfs_(resource_agent) AUTHOR
Linux-HA contributors (see the resource agent source for information about individual authors) resource-agents UNKNOWN 06/09/2014 OCF_HEARTBEAT_EXPORT(7)