Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Automating UNIX/Solaris password resets Post 303037167 by chvgms on Thursday 25th of July 2019 07:53:00 AM
Old 07-25-2019
Automating UNIX/Solaris password resets

Hi,

we are running solaris 5.10 and looking for solutions to automate password resets? Plz assist.

Thanks,
Sridhar

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

automating password ?

Hi all, I want to write a script which logs into a database (DB2). To do this i need to have a password. This will be done lots and lots of times, so i need to modify the script to automate the response to the password request. How do i this, because at present i do the following: db2 connect... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Liamo
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Automating password change

Hi, I'm trying to create a shell to change some user password with random string. I've tried to use stdin redirection to supply the new password by a response file: passwd theuser < respfile but I continue to be prompted for supplying pwd via console keyboard. Can you help me to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nisant
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating Database scripts in UNIX

Hi everybody, can someone please suggest me how to implement the running of SQL table scripts(.sql) at a specific time automatically in UNIX ?Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: konquistador
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Automating UNIX backups?

Hi all, I'm quite limited in UNIX unfortunately for me, and need to find a solution to something thats giving me headaches every morning. We need to make daily backups of a server we have in the office every morning, as well as then FTPing the created backup files over to a specific FTP address... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: de049
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

automating ssh session with password

Hi Can anyone help me in automate a ssh session with password using shell script (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghav288
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

automating username / password entry

I have a database that contains a list of server names, and the password for the root user on several servers (100+). I need to verify the passwords for each of the servers in an automated fashion because the database continues to grow. All of the users that I'm going to test are ROOT. I can't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jbeck22
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Automating Interactive password change

I have written the below scripts . ldap_pwd_prompt.ksh #!/usr/bin/ksh passwd -r ldap interactive_pwd_change.exp #!/usr/local/bin/expect set timeout 10 set curpass set newpass spawn ./ldap_pwd_prompt.ksh expect "Enter existing login password:" send "$curpass\r" expect "New... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr46014
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Automating Password reset without shell usage

Our application runs on AIX and the users of the application do not have a way to land at the prompt/shell by any means. When they login to the box, the application opens up directly. I would like to know of a way to automate the password reset process for these user ids, without them having to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Automating old Boot Environment Cleanup Solaris 11

I'm trying to automate the patching process using scripts and cronjobs in Solaris 11. one of the things I'd like to do is cleanup the old boot environments. unfortunately beadm destroy requires a response :~$ pfexec beadm destroy -f solaris-13 Are you sure you want to destroy... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
3 Replies
install-solaris(1M)                                                                                                            install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)