Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Business origins - MalWareBytes - interesting read Post 303037124 by Neo on Wednesday 24th of July 2019 08:28:00 AM
Old 07-24-2019
If Microsoft did not create such insecure software, anti-virus companies like MalwareBytes would not be in business.

It's an industry many of us in my circle of cybersecurity experts refer to as a "self-licking ice-cream cone" because all these companies just feed off the insecurity of the Window's (for the most part) operating system.

It's really a social and economic tragedy when you stop to think about it.

I just finished a GREAT book called "Lost in Math - How Beauty Leads Physics Astray" by Sabine Hossenfelder. In her transformational book, she describes the various biases, including cognitive bias" to which "following the herd" is a subset.

Computer security is so full of cognitive bias that if you really understood the industry, your stomach would turn, realizing how much corporate greed is the root cause of most of the IT insecurity we face in society.

There is yet no "antivirus software" for human greed and ignorance.

IMNSHO, everyone should read (or listen to), Sabine Hossenfelder's book, "Lost in Math".

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Some interesting questions

Hello All, I have some questions; 1) process1 | process2, A)now if I kill process2 what happens to process1? B) if I kill process1 what happens to process2? 2) Why kill -9 is a strong kill? If possible I would like to know what happens internally. 3) What a pipe actually do, in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: willhunter
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

interesting problem

Hi, I am new in this forum and I am glad to be a part of it. I have a problem that has two parts: 1/ extract just the timestamp from a filename: for example, I have a file called 'sales20080226144525.txt' and I want to extract just the '20080226144525' part out of it. 2/ Now, take that... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChicagoBlues
5 Replies

3. Red Hat

Cron entry for every 10 mints on business day business hour

Could you “crontab” it to run every 10 minutes on work days (Mo - Fr) between 08:00 and 18:00 i know to run every 10 mints but can any one guide me how to achieve the above one (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venikathir
2 Replies
Math::Symbolic::ExportConstants(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		      Math::Symbolic::ExportConstants(3pm)

NAME
Math::Symbolic::ExportConstants - Export constants used for Math::Symbolic SYNOPSIS
use Math::Symbolic::ExportConstants qw/:all/; DESCRIPTION
This just exports a number of constants on demand. Usually, you'd want to rather use Math::Symbolic instead. Math::Symbolic allows you to optionally export the same constants as this module, but using the ':constants' tag instead of the ':all' tag that you'd have to use with this module. Please refer to the documentation of the Math::Symbolic module for a list of constants. EXPORT None by default. But since exporting symbols is the only functionality of this module, you'll want to export the :all group of constants. AUTHOR
Please send feedback, bug reports, and support requests to the Math::Symbolic support mailing list: math-symbolic-support at lists dot sourceforge dot net. Please consider letting us know how you use Math::Symbolic. Thank you. If you're interested in helping with the development or extending the module's functionality, please contact the developers' mailing list: math-symbolic-develop at lists dot sourceforge dot net. List of contributors: Steffen Mueller, symbolic-module at steffen-mueller dot net Stray Toaster, mwk at users dot sourceforge dot net Oliver Ebenhoeh SEE ALSO
New versions of this module can be found on http://steffen-mueller.net or CPAN. The module development takes place on Sourceforge at http://sourceforge.net/projects/math-symbolic/ Math::Symbolic perl v5.10.1 2011-01-01 Math::Symbolic::ExportConstants(3pm)