Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Business origins - MalWareBytes - interesting read Post 303037124 by Neo on Wednesday 24th of July 2019 08:28:00 AM
Old 07-24-2019
If Microsoft did not create such insecure software, anti-virus companies like MalwareBytes would not be in business.

It's an industry many of us in my circle of cybersecurity experts refer to as a "self-licking ice-cream cone" because all these companies just feed off the insecurity of the Window's (for the most part) operating system.

It's really a social and economic tragedy when you stop to think about it.

I just finished a GREAT book called "Lost in Math - How Beauty Leads Physics Astray" by Sabine Hossenfelder. In her transformational book, she describes the various biases, including cognitive bias" to which "following the herd" is a subset.

Computer security is so full of cognitive bias that if you really understood the industry, your stomach would turn, realizing how much corporate greed is the root cause of most of the IT insecurity we face in society.

There is yet no "antivirus software" for human greed and ignorance.

IMNSHO, everyone should read (or listen to), Sabine Hossenfelder's book, "Lost in Math".

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Some interesting questions

Hello All, I have some questions; 1) process1 | process2, A)now if I kill process2 what happens to process1? B) if I kill process1 what happens to process2? 2) Why kill -9 is a strong kill? If possible I would like to know what happens internally. 3) What a pipe actually do, in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: willhunter
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

interesting problem

Hi, I am new in this forum and I am glad to be a part of it. I have a problem that has two parts: 1/ extract just the timestamp from a filename: for example, I have a file called 'sales20080226144525.txt' and I want to extract just the '20080226144525' part out of it. 2/ Now, take that... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChicagoBlues
5 Replies

3. Red Hat

Cron entry for every 10 mints on business day business hour

Could you “crontab” it to run every 10 minutes on work days (Mo - Fr) between 08:00 and 18:00 i know to run every 10 mints but can any one guide me how to achieve the above one (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venikathir
2 Replies
PayConnect(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     PayConnect(3)

NAME
Business::OnlinePayment::PayConnect - PaymentOne (formerly eBillit) PayConnect backend for Business::OnlinePayment SYNOPSIS
use Business::OnlinePayment; my $tx = new Business::OnlinePayment("PayConnect", 'partner' => '', ); $tx->content( type => 'LEC', login => 'test', #ClientID password => 'test', action => 'Authorization Only', description => 'Business::OnlinePayment test', amount => '49.95', invoice_number => '100100', name => 'Tofu Beast', phone => '4155554321', ); $tx->submit(); if($tx->is_success()) { print "LEC billing authorized successfully: ".$tx->authorization." "; } else { print "LEC billing was rejected: ".$tx->error_message." "; } DESCRIPTION
For detailed information see Business::OnlinePayment. NOTE
This module only implements 'LEC' (phone bill billing) functionality at this time. Credit card and ACH transactions are not (yet) sup- ported. COMPATIBILITY
This module implements an interface the "HTTPS AIO Validation Protocol version 3.0" of PaymentOne (formerly eBillit) PayConnect <http://www.paymentone.com/products/paycon.asp>. Unfortunately, no documentation is publicly available. AUTHOR
Ivan Kohler <ivan-payconnect@420.am> SEE ALSO
perl(1). Business::OnlinePayment perl v5.8.0 2002-11-22 PayConnect(3)