Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers How to see the status of all the ftp put & get files logs and curent ftp transfer status ? Post 303037081 by vbe on Tuesday 23rd of July 2019 02:24:22 AM
Old 07-23-2019
Unless you write your own status routine you won't be able to get that information, in any case ftp is quite dumb and will always give you the status on the command itself, not what is has done...
Even more, if running in background until it has finished its execution if you have not included a minimum of logging instructions, except seeing the process running you will have nothing more

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file status during FTP

Help!!!! Can Anyone out there help me? I need to write a script to automate a task to translate files. The files will be transfered through ftp to the workstation. Is there a way to check the file status whether the file has finished being transfered or still transfering. Or is there a way to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sean76
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ftp exit status.

Does ftp from unix have an exit status. In the sense after ftp is invoked and if the ftp fails during file transfer does it exit out with a status other than 0. What is do right now is invoke ftp and right it to a log and then grep for 'File Transferred Sucessfully'. Is this the only way to do it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oracle8
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP Status

When performing an FTP, does anyone know how to return the commands (i.e. 250) to see if it was successful? ftp -n XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX <<- eof User Pswd cd xxx/xxxx/xxx bin mput * quit eof Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rvprod
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP status

HI I am looking for a command, which redirect the ftp result to a text file. So I can analysis all the result code. I am also new on UNIX. Normally I ftp by using the .netrc. Is there any way when I exit from the .netrc instead of displaying the status by ftp -v, can I pipe/sendit it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shah2
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

return ftp status

Hello, I still have problems when trying to figure out if the status of an ftp was successful. I ftp to different types (nt, vax, unix, etc...) of machines. I am trying to write a universal script that will ftp a file and then check to see if the ftp was successful. I have tried the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: blt123
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ftp Status Check

Hi, I'm using the below script to ftp the file passed as 3rd argument. I'm passing the source and destination directory as 1st and 2nd argument. This script does the ftp successfully. The script displays the echo before ftp stmt and does the ftp and does not display the stmts after that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: acheepi
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check the FTP Status?

Hi, I wrote a script that is generating a file and then i have to ftp this file on another server. For this i am using mput to put the file. How can i make sure that the file was ftp'd correctly to the another server, is there any status check ? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smc3
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check FTP Status

To all, I need to run a ftp command in one of my scripts and I need to evaluate what happens after it's done. The problem is the script would not capture the ftp responses. If I type the same thing on the command line, I get all kinds of responses. I would like to capture the same responses in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: april
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Status of FTP Put command

Can i capture the status of put command after i ftp a file? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixjadoo
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP Status verification

Do we have any defined error code for FTP status (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krissathish
2 Replies
lb_unregister(3ncs)													       lb_unregister(3ncs)

Name
       lb_unregister - remove an entry from the Location Broker database

Syntax
       #include <idl/c/lb.h>

void lb_$unregister(entry, status)
       lb_$entry_t *entry;
       status_$t *status;

Arguments
       entry  The entry being removed from the Location Broker database.

status The completion status.  If the completion status returned in is equal to status_$ok , then the routine that supplied it was success-
	      ful.

Description
       The routine removes from the Location Broker database the entry that matches entry.  The  value	of  entry  should  be  identical  to  that
       returned  by  the routine when the database entry was created.  However, does not compare all of the fields in entry, the annotation field,
       and the port number in the saddr field.

This routine removes the entry from the LLB database on the local host (the host that issues the routine).  If the flags field of entry	is
       equal  to  0,  it  removes  the entry from the GLB database.  If the flags field is equal to lb_$server_flag_local, it deletes only the LLB
       entry.

Examples
       The following statement unregisters the entry specified by which was obtained from a previous routine:
       lb_$unregister (&BankEntry, &status);

Diagnostics
       This section lists status codes for errors returned by this routine in

lb_$database_invalid
			   The format of the Location Broker database is out of date.  The database may have been created by an old version of the
			   Location  Broker;  in this case, delete the out-of-date database and reregister any entries that it contained.  The LLB
			   or GLB that was accessed may be running out-of-date software; in this case, update all Location Brokers to the  current
			   software version.

lb_$database_busy   The Location Broker database is currently in use in an incompatible manner.

lb_$not_registered  The	Location  Broker  does	not  have  any	entries  that match the criteria specified in the unregister routine.  The
			   requested object, type, interface, or combination thereof is not registered in the specified database.

lb_$update_failed   The Location Broker was unable to register or unregister the entry.

lb_$cant_access	   The Location Broker cannot access the database.  Among the possible reasons:

1. The database does not exist.

2. The database exists, but the Location Broker cannot access it.

lb_$server_unavailable
			   The Location Broker Client Agent cannot reach the requested GLB or LLB.  A communications failure occurred or the  bro-
			   ker was not running.

Files
See Also
       intro(3ncs), lb_register(3ncs)

lb_unregister(3ncs)